Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the efforts and for all those looking into this.

Yes, I was supposed to have originally got the "interlink" transmitter when I ordered RF7.5 ... But, I was sent the wireless version with the tactic 610 Tx instead.

Since I also fly with a Tactic 660 radio, I decided to just keep the wireless ... because I could bind it up to both my Tactic and my Spekrums.

I really appreciate the quality of work I have seen thus far by everyone.

I wish I would take the time to get back into the design and painting part. But, I am not used to not having a layered template to use, and I have forgotten how to create my own Masks for painting.

I feel lost, not being able to do what I used to (or at least figure it out on my own).

Again, Thank you to all designers.

I remember how much work that does go into the Modeling and Painting.

Last edited by DDawg; 01-03-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug schluter View Post
here is a quick physics change to make it fly a bit better and i change the channel 5 switch so that in the normal position for high rate the bombs do not drop go to low rates they do , also i changed the CG to make it a little more stable , that being said this plane does not have ailerons as such just the upper control surface moves , gives the flight a funny feeling , also the flap dial channel 6 works the flaps only up to 1/2 travel of the dial any more the airbrakes come on at the wing tips which is great for steep decent landings
I will check this version out when I get back home from work ....

Thanks ... the modelling looks great on the plane ... the physics and my noobieness doesn't help much ... lol
Old 01-03-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I'll take a look at it in RF8. I do have a Spektrum DX9 as well as the Interlink. The DX9 I can get 8 channels recognized with the wireless module. Usually I just fly with the Interlink though.
I see Doug already did a quick AV though.

Thank you, I hope you give it a try too ...

The more viaiants, the better chance one will work for noobs
Old 01-03-2018, 04:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
here try this version see if you like it any better just over write that first version i did
Attached Files
File Type: rfx Grumman A-6 Intruder RF 8_AV.RFX (55.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-03-2018, 04:10 PM

I did a quick one also. See if you can find where I cheated I bet Doug can

I work third shift so I can't work on it more today.
Attached Files
File Type: rfx Grumman A-6 Intruder_RF8_AV.RFX (56.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-03-2018, 04:13 PM

haha one of us may get it to fly ok
Old 01-03-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenoline 60 View Post
Besides the Physics Tweak for RF 8, It would appear, he was Also looking for "That Color Scheme".
It would be wise to get it flying first.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
It would be wise to get it flying first.
As a pilot, he was pretty good, anyone that can land a jet on a floating postage stamp, has more balls than I do.

But when it comes to RC flying I feel for him. He is getting better, but like he says it was a big difference from flying at the seat of your pants, to Flying something that is out there and you're standing still ...

I think he would love just to taxi it around, and listen to those turbines. He gets all sentimental Whenever I send him pictures of the A6

So, I know he will love it if it looks anything like the one he flew. .. won't talk about the one he got shot down in ....
Old 01-03-2018, 07:31 PM

DDawg the rate switch is what drops the bombs so try putting that switch in the low rate position see if the bombs stay in place , or try to set the bomb drop servo to the rate switch on your tactic radio in the editor i am still tweaking the physics on the A6 , if nothing else i may get it set up for RF with the Elite radio so it flys good

Last edited by doug schluter; 01-03-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:51 PM

Imported the Doug Schluter AV file into Rf-X, had to modify the model a little more but it fly's okay.

https://youtu.be/G0pkIqKhug8
Notice I missed the house on the bomb run !

Last edited by asj5547; 01-03-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:15 PM

Modifying the existing paint scheme to what you have pictured shouldnt be that difficult...thats the easy part

But the existing A6 had a persistent yaw-wobble for me, you could see it in the exhaust trail...I tried everything including incremental center of pressure adjustments on the fuse but could never get rid of that dang wobble......shame cause its such nice plane....with the stock controller, it pickles the bombs with a slight delay, resulting in very realistic "spread" of ordnance....Speed brakes and such are neat as hell too, wish it was working better for you with your controller.....

I'm not the best, but I'll give the paint scheme a go for you, if you can stand the existing plane... Karma is telling me I should redeem myself and paint her for you (right Technoid?! )
Old 01-03-2018, 11:28 PM

Wow, you guys are amazing ... I truly appreciate all the replies from those willing to accept the task ....

I am sure it will thrill "Easy" beyond words ...

Lt. Bobby Sears
"Easy"
Old 01-03-2018, 11:36 PM

FYI, my close friend from High School (the SMART one) went to COLLEGE first, then flew A6-EA6-Bs while I was in the Infantry...even got to serve side by side for a time when he was attached to us ground-pounders as Forward Air Controller....

I think only Marine Pilots do that on the regular...that is, spend a mandatory part of their flying career attached to the grunts...who knows better how to get napalm in there, than a guy who's seen targets from above? A Company Commander, working with an experienced CAS Jockey, makes the Riflemans life a whole lot easier!!

Hope the best for your friend....

I'll pass this thread on to my buddy, former Captain Gene ("Geno") Linfante, USMC, A6 driver extraordinaire, even if he was from Noo Frikin Joisey
Old 01-03-2018, 11:45 PM

Wow, you guys are amazing ... I truly appreciate all the replies from those willing to accept the task ....

I am sure it will thrill "Easy" beyond words ... He probably be pissed I plastered his pic on the web ... his callsign should have been 'bashful' ... it took me almost a year and a half, before I got him to "open up" about his flying career and 'Nam ... I was amazed ... and honored ... to say the least ... he did what most of us dreamed about ... except being shot at ...

Lt. Bobby Sears
"Easy"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171126_090537.jpg (410.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20171126_090825.jpg (555.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-04-2018, 12:18 AM

ok here is the final A6 AV for you guys to try out , its about as good as it get with that type of Aileron control surface again just over write the previous version
Attached Files
File Type: rfx Grumman A-6 Intruder RF 8_AV.RFX (55.3 KB, 7 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: