Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 03-03-2018, 04:43 PM

Downloading from Swap Pages

Hello. I have RF7.5 Sometimes when I try to download an aircraft from the Swap Pages, I get a message like "You are trying to download a plane that you don't already own." in red. Sometimes I get that message and another in green like a "color variant was successfully downloaded." Sometimes I get the "no ownership" message when I have no knowledge of already having the plane in question. Am I doing something wrong or is there another way of going about this? Thank you.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Bill Stuntz
It sounds like you're trying to download things that are not complete aircraft. AV's & CS's are modifications of existing aircraft. If you don't have the aircraft (EA's) they're based on, you can't apply the modifications.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:09 PM

Usually, but not always, the description will tell you what the base model is. Download the free "Add-ons" 1-5 that Realflight offers, which will give you a lot more of the planes the swaps are based on. OR...sometimes the original is buried deeper in the swap pages. As Bill notes, look for the "EA" ("Entire Aircraft") version. Then install the modification you are really interested in.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:30 PM

There are many aircraft you must purchase. These are expansion pack aircraft. Unless you have them, AV and CS files will not work.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:40 AM

When you download a file from the Swap's, You need to pay attention to what the requirements of the file are. If you are downloading a CS, or a AV, they will require a EA file to go with it. You can see this CS file requires a specific EA which you can click on to download it. If it is a Expansion pack aircraft or stock aircraft required, it will also say it in this location.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (27.4 KB, 7 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: