Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:00 AM

It's kinda a hard decision on when to post them. Swaps has been pretty busy lately. If you spread them out that's fine as we all here have the betas to play with.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Well I wasn't going to release Stagger Sport Gas but I went ahead and got it ready tonight so I have all three versions of Stagger to release, 4-Stroke, EP, and Gas. What should I do release all of them at once or one a week for 3 weeks?
Question,....Should you stagger the release for Stagger ???

Answer,...I love them all, and any release strategy will be great.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:44 AM

Yeah that's kind of what I thought, it doesn't matter.. just do it. Oh well I guess we'll see what happens Saturday morning. And yeah the swaps have been kind busy these days with AV releases. But since everyone here has the betas it won't matter how I release them. I suppose Rage with the new CS and Panel Lines and rivets will be new I can't remember if I've ever released a beta with the new CS.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Well I wasn't going to release Stagger Sport Gas but I went ahead and got it ready tonight so I have all three versions of Stagger to release, 4-Stroke, EP, and Gas. What should I do release all of them at once or one a week for 3 weeks? I guess with Rage I really could release one plane a week for four weeks. So how do you think I should do it, all at once or one a week for four weeks?
If you only release one plane a week for four weeks the second and third staggers' (mostly the third) will suffer in downloads like the electric monster stick 150 did. If it where me I would plop the staggers down one week then the rage the next week
Old 03-05-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
If you only release one plane a week for four weeks the second and third staggers' (mostly the third) will suffer in downloads like the electric monster stick 150 did. If it where me I would plop the staggers down one week then the rage the next week
Thanks that's what I was thinking when I mentioned releasing all of them. The funny thing is right now I don't care much about downloads I just want them out of my way so I'm still thinking about releasing all four this weekend.

Last edited by technoid; 03-05-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Thanks that's kind of what I was thinking when I mentioned releasing all of them. The funny thing is right now I don't care must about downloads I just want them out of my way so I'm still thinking about releasing all four this weekend.
I don't think releasing them all one week will hurt the downloads
Old 03-05-2019, 12:34 PM

A small update. I just finished doing a bit of tweaking to Stagger Sport Gas. It was my least favorite because it didn't perform as well as I wanted it to so I went back and upped the prop pitch and tweaked the engine curve just a bit and now it performs on par with the 4-Stroke version and I'm happy with it.

Okay here's the deal. Even if you have the last beta of all three versions the release versions have been changed in several ways, the rib cage was recessed more to get rid of some flashing when the plane was out quite a ways from you, the color scheme on all three planes has been tweaked, and the Gas versions prop and engine curve has been changed. So grab the release versions and make sure to select OVERWRITE on everyting when you install them to get the changes.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I don't think releasing them all one week will hurt the downloads
Okay, cool.. thanks.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:45 PM

Ha.. it seems there's always one more thing to do to Stagger. Early on I used the CG Adjust setting to set the CG where I wanted it to be and meant to go back and fix that for each version but forgot about it until yesterday when I was taking a look at everything and realized I never fixed it. So I spent some time last night and this morning adding some weight to get the CG to the correct point without using the CG Adjust values. One of the things I needed to do was adjust the weight for the 4-Stroke engine to match the engine I patterned the plane after so yet more changes before I release the planes. I'll be releasing Rage this Saturday and Stagger next Saturday. Right now the Swap Pages seem to be getting lots of AVs released so I didn't want to release all four of the planes the same weekend and possibly have them covered up by other releases. Man for the life of me I can't understand why I spend so much time making everything perfect on these home made designs I do.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:20 PM

Tech., there`s a saying I lived by at work and and still do...It goes.. . "How come there`s always enough time to do it over, But never enough time to do it right"..You`re trying to it right the first time, there`s nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:45 PM

I will be watching the swap pages closely, looking for your releases. Thanks Technoid.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Tech., there`s a saying I lived by at work and and still do...It goes.. . "How come there`s always enough time to do it over, But never enough time to do it right"..You`re trying to it right the first time, there`s nothing wrong with that.
Ha.. Yeah I keep trying to do it right the first time, over and over
Old 03-08-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asj5547 View Post
I will be watching the swap pages closely, looking for your releases. Thanks Technoid.
Thanks. You might end up finding a plane I release on the swaps I don't do a build thread for. These days I'm not sure what I'll do with my personal designs but the one I just started I haven't created a build thread for. It's just a fun project I call Junker I mentioned it before it's a 120 inch wingspan junk project a farmer might put together out of spare parts setting around in the barn. I started on it a day or two ago it ain't much just something to have fun with. I like flying what I design but I'm no super designer I just get an idea and build an RC model around it. Maybe not realistic but a project to have fun with.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
its nice to have your designs technoid , i enjoy flying your stuff
Old 03-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug schluter View Post
its nice to have your designs technoid , i enjoy flying your stuff
Thanks. I've been working on Junker today I wanted to get the wing finished before I started on everything else. Ha.. the wing is 120 inches with square ends. Well the aileron is back just a bit from the end of the wing so the wing does have an extension for that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: