Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:35 AM

Thanks, will try this settings on RF8

Still looking for the settings of the DX6i .. how to configurate the controller for flying drone's.

When the drone's take-off, it isn't stable .. fly's left.. go's up very fast or crasched ... Normaly the drone hase to 'hang' in the air if i don't touch the stick of the controler ...

My DX6i is perfect calibrated in RF8 and in the controller.

Anybody?
Old 08-28-2019, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvynck View Post
Thanks, will try this settings on RF8

Still looking for the settings of the DX6i .. how to configurate the controller for flying drone's.

When the drone's take-off, it isn't stable .. fly's left.. go's up very fast or crasched ... Normaly the drone hase to 'hang' in the air if i don't touch the stick of the controler ...

My DX6i is perfect calibrated in RF8 and in the controller.

Anybody?
Most of the RF drones only fly stable (without wobbles) in Acro flight mode. Make sure your top left flight mode switch has this mode. You do not have a 3-way switch so you may need to reverse it's channel to be able to get this.

Also, because of the poor quality of the DX6i gimbals you need to go to Simulator/settings/controller and increase the % deadband. Try using 2% to start with and increase it a little later if necessary.

If the drone favours for or aft directions you may want to try using a little Tx trim to see if you can counteract this.

There are very few, if any, using a dx6i with RF8 so you are kinda on your own to figure out setup details.

Good luck mate.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Make sure your top left flight mode switch has this mode. You do not have a 3-way switch so you may need to reverse it's channel to be able to get this.
Thanks Tom ... only i don't understand this .. could you please explain a little more? ;-)

Have a nice day

William
Old 08-28-2019, 05:48 AM

Sorry mate, best I can do for now. Maybe try a bit more googling. Maybe you should look at buying a USB Interlink DX controller. Much more plug and play imho.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:28 PM

having same issue

just downloaded rf8 on steam and ws1000 is recognised and connected as a usb game controller .i can see all the axis of controll but real flight wont load it keep saying "please connect your realflight controller device or windows joystick"
Old 09-09-2019, 08:22 AM

What worked for me

What worked for me, was switching from the Steam version to the standalone version, that one worked fine.
For some reason, steam doesn't see the WS1000 dongle. This replicates in RF9 Steam version which is broken for me...
Old 09-09-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bablat View Post
What worked for me, was switching from the Steam version to the standalone version, that one worked fine.
For some reason, steam doesn't see the WS1000 dongle. This replicates in RF9 Steam version which is broken for me...
Steam has settings for controllers that override what windows sees. It may be the same issue I had with steam not seeing my old interlink controller until I disabled the steam software that prevented it from working.

This is what I did, you can give it a try.

https://boilingsteam.com/dealing-wit...ized-in-steam/
Old 09-11-2019, 07:05 AM

Thumbs down Still occuring, now with RF9

I just bought RF9 in Steam and the issue replicated.
RF9 won't launch through steam, fails to identify the controller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Sebens View Post
Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I can't replicate it here.

In testing at our end, the WS1000 worked just fine with Steam RF8. I'm using a DX8e, but that shouldn't matter, as the sim will sucessfully start even if the Tx is turned off - the WS1000 alone is still detected as a game device.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:33 AM

I don't have the Steam Version but I imagine there would be a lot of problems already reported. I would contact Steam and ask for help. or a refund.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I don't have the Steam Version but I imagine there would be a lot of problems already reported. I would contact Steam and ask for help. or a refund.
The link to the most likely fix is in my previous post. It's an widely known issue with Steam and certain controllers. It's a default setting in Steam that works for their own controller hardware perfectly but 3rd party controllers like the interlink and possibly the WS1000 are not recognized by the program running under steam.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: