Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 11-01-2019, 12:08 PM

New InterLink DX will not work with RF-8HH

This information was posted in the RF9 forum, but it also needs to be noted here.

I was unable to get the new version of the flight controller (Interlink DX) to work with the older RF8 software. To me, it seems reasonable. I just think you should know in case it affects your buying decision.

If someone figures out how to make it work, please post.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:16 PM

It worked for me initially but when I went to calibrate it to get everything perfect it went to hell and now it won't calibrate for anything. Don't know what to do either than just use the Elite if I want to use RF8.

Oh and yes I've tried calibrating the controller in Windows as well. It just won't calibrate anymore and the sticks end up all pushed to one side. I wish there was a way to wipe out or reset the calibration of a controller to default in the sim. I've tried deleting the profile and doing it over too. KE needs to come up with a fix but I'm sure RF8 is now a NO MORE UPDATES product.

Thankfully I do have RF9.

Last edited by BrokeDad; 11-01-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: More info
Old 11-05-2019, 09:03 PM
Administrator

12oclockhigh, it sounds like you're having more problems than expected. Please see this detailed post about InterLink DX setup in RF8.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
It worked for me initially but when I went to calibrate it to get everything perfect it went to hell and now it won't calibrate for anything. ... Oh and yes I've tried calibrating the controller in Windows as well. It just won't calibrate anymore and the sticks end up all pushed to one side.
RealFlight sees what Windows sees. If the sticks are doing that in the Windows game controllers panel, the problem exists outside RealFlight. Are you saying it still works normally in RF9? Because I would not expect that given the above!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas View Post
RealFlight sees what Windows sees. If the sticks are doing that in the Windows game controllers panel, the problem exists outside RealFlight. Are you saying it still works normally in RF9? Because I would not expect that given the above!
Yes it works fine in RF9 but won't calibrate correctly in RF8. It calibrates fine in Windows as a game controller. I think the other user is having similar issues. It also won't see a channel now to assign. I had to do it manually in the file. I think it's because it's too far out of range. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:58 AM

Worked fine for me. Make sure your seeing Interlink DX in the controller list.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
Worked fine for me. Make sure your seeing Interlink DX in the controller list.
It is in the list. It worked fine until I calibrated it then went all wonky and won't calibrate to work again. If I go to calibrate it the sticks stay jammed to one side even if I move them around. They do move around some then are stuck that way even after calibration. I did the exact same thing initially that Ryan posted to get it working the first time then went to calibrate it a second time which is when it all went bad.

It's not a real big deal as I can use my older Elite in RF8 but why run RF8 when I can run RF9. It's more of an issue to figure out so people with RF8 aren't stuck in this same dilemma.

My feeling is that RF8 somehow corrupted the calibration settings or the range it sees reading the sticks. I will try some other things to help solve the issue.

Last edited by BrokeDad; 11-06-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:04 PM

When in game, if you have the controller visible, what are the settings ? I had to center the trims in game, then calibrate.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
When in game, if you have the controller visible, what are the settings ? I had to center the trims in game, then calibrate.
Trims are centered. I was able to get it working again by moving it to a different USB hub it hasn't been on before. Very interesting.

Where it was before it still won't calibrate but the Elite works fine plugged in that spot.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:34 PM

Try a different hardware in that slot to see if it's kaput.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:25 PM

I tried, It failed

Ryan,
Your procedure does not work for me... when I enter the RF software, I am automatically taken into the rewind mode. I cannot get the axis set without it repeating some of the values. I cannot get the top four items working. I have even deleted all the associations in the list to start over. RF8 does not recognize the different stick values. I would say the DX and RF8 is completely unusable for me. It is not a show stopper for me because I have other controllers to use. Changing to a different USB port changed the characteristics. The DX works fine with RF9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas View Post
12oclockhigh, it sounds like you're having more problems than expected. Please see this detailed post about InterLink DX setup in RF8.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 11-07-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: