Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 09-13-2006, 02:03 PM

Am I the only one that gets framerate hit with this plane?

I have flown almost all of the stock + expansion 1 planes to check it out, and this plane does it to me the most.

On photofields, Im usually around 28fps (im on a laptop and run it at a higher res, as long as im over 20ish im find with it)

With most planes, it stays around 28-32, with helies, 25-28 ... but when i load the stick, its like 9-13fps for a minute. After i have flown for abotu15 seconds, this goes away...but everytime i reset/takeoff, it does it, and it never does it till i take off, i cant just sit and wait for it to pass.

Dont know if its related, but the collision box (or outline box, the white boxes in the editor) is really Dense at the top of the rudder...compared to a very light box on the rest of the plane.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:20 PM

It could indeed be related to the collision mesh.

When the plane is closer to the ground or building G3 goes into overdrive calculating the potential points of collision.

A complex mesh causes G3 to slow down whenever the aircraft is close to another object.

As a test you can try this as a demonstration...

Load up a simple plane such as a CAP, and fly it onto to the Ranch House roof in G3.

Your frame rates will dip, but they will remain somewhat high.

Now take a complex plane, such as a heli and try the same thing.

G3 will become a slide show as the heli approaches the sloped roof of the building.

It may be that the Stick's mesh is more complex than it needs to be.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:46 PM

the collision mesh is definatly way too much. Only in one spot though, the top of the rudder...its nuts, its probalby 150 polys right there, and i would bet the rest of the mesh isnt even 100..
Old 09-14-2006, 04:12 PM

I have a question, I guess I just don't understand something. I cant seem to get the crow to work at all. I downloaded the plane files here, the yellow complete aircraft file and the varient file also. both as g3x, I then imported them to g3. The plane is there, flies nice. flaps work with the knob but crow doesn't???
The thread mentions that the varient file will show up under the plane... I don't know what that means.

I have this plane w/saito 100 and Futaba 9CAS & have crow etc working. Finding this plane was great!!! thanks for the work thats been done.

thanks,
Ken <><
Old 09-14-2006, 04:58 PM

oops

Senior Moment.
It was right in front of me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: