Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:21 PM

GWS F4U Corsair

This is a work in progress. I've got it tweaked out to fly very close to my GWS F4U.

I started with the Corsair in Add On Volume 1. I scaled it down to the GWS size, added my power plant and battery, and just kept tweaking until I got the flight performance I wanted.

I have the cg just higher than the airframe. This is to make it unstable at slow speeds and make you land under power. This is how my corsair flys. If you try to glide in it noses over, which is exactly the way my corsair is.

Feel free to tweak this further and post revisions.
Attached Files
File Type: g3x gws f4u_AV.G3X (23.1 KB, 860 views)
Old 10-13-2006, 03:14 PM

Initial reaction

Indiana_J,

Beautiful color scheme ... NTS (not to scale), but VERY attractive.

Take off is a little quick. Needs some weight I think, although I agree that your CG is pretty close to where mine (real one) is from a stability and control viewpoint.

You won't see or feel the advantages of the inverted gull until you retract the LG.

Thanks so much for the new bird, and keep us posted on edits if you elect to change. Most of us don't havee the tools or the talent, so we stand in awe of those of you that do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: