Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 03-15-2006, 10:14 PM

One of the things I noticed on these edits and also on the Reno Racer upload, is that people have been visually scaling the prop (2.0 factor on both).

If you do this, you are in effect flying a big plane with a tiny, tiny propeller that only "looks" big.

This creates unrealistic and poor characteristics flight for the plane.

I'm uploading a "fixed" Reno Racer, which has the four bladed prop of approximately the right pitch and diameter, instead of just a visual scale up.

I've have had to put a larger engine on it and up the torque to compensate for the corrected physics.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:55 PM

Talking

I love this plane it is better than eny on G3!!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:50 PM

Check this out

Search for my red baron edit. It's a gasser!
Old 11-11-2006, 03:01 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kennyptho
sorry but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose
One of the things I noticed on these edits and also on the Reno Racer upload, is that people have been visually scaling the prop (2.0 factor on both).

If you do this, you are in effect flying a big plane with a tiny, tiny propeller that only "looks" big.

This creates unrealistic and poor characteristics flight for the plane.

I'm uploading a "fixed" Reno Racer, which has the four bladed prop of approximately the right pitch and diameter, instead of just a visual scale up.

I've have had to put a larger engine on it and up the torque to compensate for the corrected physics.
do you have anything nice to say about anyones work. (Opjose ) i know you mean well however not everyone is into scale like you and I. but what gets me is, everyone of your quotes that i have read. you've had nothing nice to say about anyones work,you crettasize everything. just once i'd like to read you saying nice work or nice build, but maybe you could try ect..... then maybe our 3D builders won't feel so bad about there hard swet and tears ....... ect...ect....
thanks kennyptho...... i'm sure you mean well but its not how i read it, and that goes for many others who read the fourms...

Last edited by Kennyptho; 11-11-2006 at 03:04 AM. Reason: typo error
Old 11-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymo
This model is based on a design by steve (jetset44) Link to plans and build guide sorry its a link to a different forum

i personally love this plane but dont let that influence you, it has fully animated servos and pushrods just cause i can

please leave feedback

Nigel
drops like paper
Old 11-13-2006, 04:19 PM

Nice job on those servos.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: