Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G2
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-07-2004, 02:02 PM

Curtis,
If you happen to still be stumped. If you haven't already, maybe check out my Thread in the "RealFlight G2" section, under "General Disscussion" and look for "How do you rate RF Generation 2" ( 1 2 3 ), then click on the number "3" then scroll to the third post. Under my rambling about computers, read the first paragraph and especially the last part of that paragraph pertaining to windows 98se operating systems. See if that might pertain to you. Also if your really still stumped. And if you haven't already, maybe it just might be time to either email or call support.

Among other things, I Have to do some things to get ready to host tomorrow so I'm going to be pretty busy.

Best of Luck, really hope you get it up and running soon!
Slider

Last edited by Slider; 08-07-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:42 PM

Curtis,
I tell you what, since I might have possibly screwed you up with info I might have given you.
If you eventually "can't" get your RF G2 to work on your computer and you decide to try and return it and who-ever you purchased it from won't take it back.
I'll buy it from you, as long as it would cost me the same as what It would have cost me if I myself had purchased it from Tower Hobbies.
K,
Slider

PS: This offer is only good for Curtis! So if by any chance anyone else wanted to possibly get rid of their RF, don't anyone else be posting and asking me ta take your RF G2 off your hands! This be a one time offer.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Report to base, hosted by Huey.jpg (35.2 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by Slider; 08-08-2004 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:43 AM

Hello.......Hello.......Hello......Hello....Curtis !........

I'm hoping that your making your way with getting your RF G2 up and running or maybe have just got it running already!
But if not I'm just letting ya know that if on the other hand you'd have to end up taking me up on my offer which I made to you in my last reply to you. I can't be keeping this as an open end offer..... so I'm givin ya till next week Thursday Aug 19th to either take me up on that offer err not.

Hope you got it going........

Thanks,
Slider

Last edited by Slider; 08-13-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:03 AM

Slider,Ya I'm still stuck but I still got hope because of you and all the others who have tried to help me out.
I've been trying to find out why my computer can't load the driver to run the "I-controller and I have asked my computer literate friend to help by checking out the program on his laptop just to see if might have been the controller but that seems to suggest that the controller was working fine ,because the usb (yellow) light was blinking the way it was supposed to and all though he did'nt have enough memory to run the program we were able to see a very basic view of the program perform.
I will try your suggestion to contact support and give them to the best of my memory all the things I tried to do thus far and stick this thing out to the end.
I appreciate your offer to buy my software but I will update or purchase a new computer to get this thing to work ......I want to join you guys out there in the wild blue skys one day !!!!!!
Since support only works Mon ---Fri. I'll guess I'll have to practice some patience and contact them on Monday the 16th to get them into the act .
Thanks again for your support ,I can't tell you how much you've helped me to stick with it.
Peace Curtisu
Old 08-14-2004, 11:25 AM

Hey Curtis,

I will give suggestion on a computer if you plan to pick one up one of these days.

It took me not 10 minutes to install my 4th copy of RF G2 last night and thats on a 3 Ghz with windows xp but even with a computer like this you have to make sure to get the latest windows update, the most current 3d card drivers and sound card drivers, latest directx which is now 9x.
After you call support though, you might just get rf g2 working on your computer.
Try to write down the info your going to give them before you call them. besides what you did but also your operating system, directx version, etc.

last time I installed rf g2 to the best I can remember.

Installed software then during this installion an icon for rfg2 was placed on my destop and installation stopped. then i plugged in the controller to usb port, then followed instructions, i chose not to install direct x which came with rf g2 because i know i already have the latest version. Cont: after plugging controller in and following instructions rf g2 automatically fired up after that you need to shut down rf and first register your rf g2 then after that look for the latest update to rf g2
I have to start getting ready, a bunch of friends and relatives will be coming over later today, going to try and set up the rf on all 4 cpus and see if I can get some of them into it
See you online one of these days... Peace Slider

Last edited by Slider; 08-15-2004 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:21 PM

Thanks again Slider......Good Day
Old 08-14-2004, 12:37 PM

Check your private message for computer suggestion info if you might be interested.
Peace....you have a good one to....Slider
Old 08-16-2004, 06:14 PM

Slider ,Whats up buddy............?Me thats what I'm finally onthe program flying high!
I called the Hobbico support line and they got me on track. It seems as though that I did'nt have the computer looking in the right place for the driver info .....well any way I just want to thank you and the other guys ( they know who they are) for reaching out to me and helping me along . I don't know what to do first play all night or take the time out to read the manual.....but had to take this time out to say thanks and keep up the good work,I'll keep in touch.
Peace Curtis
P.S. Laura from Hobbico support was lots of help and very professional,just thought I'd give her a shout out .
Old 08-16-2004, 10:11 PM

Thumbs up

Good news
You just need to try flying everything that you want and not mess with changing Aircraft parameters for now. The only thing you might check out in a few days is how your software is setup for maximum display. You can play with this if you want, but write down what you start with. The worst that will happen, however, is your visuals will slow down and maybe stutter. If that happens just back off your settings.
I printed the manual a year and a half ago, and it is 362 pages+. I had it put in a 5 ring folder and haven't looked at it since.
I enjoy flying the RC stuff using RF and I hope you do too.
Anybody want to buy a manual ?
hobie.>>>>>..>>out
Old 08-17-2004, 10:11 AM

Hey Curtis,
Glad to here you "Finally" got it up and running! Bout time!....lol
The advice that Hobie gave is very good advice.
Yea forget the manual for now and just enjoy. And I'd only like to add this.
If you down the line decide to modify any of the airports, be sure to make a copy of them first then make those modifications only to the airport(s) you made copies of.

Also again, if you might be interested in the type of flying that I describe in my Thread :Organized Multiplayer Racing Etc., For RF G2" which is in the "RealFlight G2" section, under "General Disscussion" on this disscussion board. Just keep an eye out here for when I'll be posting that I'd be hosting. Sometimes since I'm so busy at times and its sometimes not that easy to host for up to 8 hours at a time. I sometimes just join in RF G2 Multiplayer sessions that other people host and when I do that sometimes I just like to join "incognito" so I can let myself just get into fooling myself that I'm actually at a Real RC airfield. Sometimes thats not to hard to do, especially when most or even at times "everyone" flying are actually flying like people do at the real RC Airfields. Sometimes it can be nuts though, fair warning.....lol

And also again, I'm really glad that you "Finally" got your RF G2 going and just try out all the different Aircraft like Hobie suggested and pay heed to his other suggestions. And I'm sure that we will touch base in the future in Multiplayer sessions.

Last suggestion: As long as you DON'T buy that 362 + page copy that Hobie made of the RF G2 manual, you should be alright!....

Peace....Slider
Old 08-21-2004, 12:29 PM

Thanks Hobie,Slider!
I'll take those suggestions especially the one about writing down my previous settings . I've been just getting the hang of things and practicing my R/C skills. Ya I 've also been cutting back on the extras so as to get a glich free program to run......its been cool the way it came but there were a few stop and go's but this thing is all you guys said it would be.
Thanks for the help guys!
Curtis

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: