Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G2
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 06-15-2007, 11:40 AM

Vista and G2

Hi,

I managed to install G2 on my new Vista machine and the program starts when I click the icon. I hear the music but then get an error message "i-controller entry does not appear in control panel" ..??

Any help please.

Thanks
Ash

Last edited by comports; 06-15-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:07 PM

did you disable UAC and check option to run RF as admin?
Old 06-19-2007, 12:41 PM

vista

How were you able to load G2? I keep getting a control panel error
Old 07-15-2007, 12:25 AM

Unhappy G2 and Vista

I have administrator account on my new Vista machine and G2 won't install/run. after finishing a install it says was successful, any attempt to log on says "not installed" and then tells me files are missing followed by aKERRor 32495 and then a KERRor 32494 message. I've uninstalled and re installed 4 times. No luck. Worked fine on my XP machine. I guess I'll have to call Tech Support and go thru that h*ll of waiting forever. Sigh. It's like since G3 and 3.5 came out they don't care at all about the G2 owners that built the business. If I have to buy a new R/C sim , I don't think it will be G 3.5 .
Mike
Old 11-27-2007, 03:57 PM

Thumbs up g2 and vista are working fine

I have encountered also a lot of problems installing the software : always asking for a cd, the famous error 4******.
But I found the solution, I tried to install it onto my other harddisk D:\simulator\ and now it works like a charm

I hope this can help you
Mike
Old 11-28-2007, 02:14 AM

I had the same problems as well, but not anymore!!!

Thanks miguelito !!!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:24 PM

Thumbs up G2 works on Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by comports
Hi,

I managed to install G2 on my new Vista machine and the program starts when I click the icon. I hear the music but then get an error message "i-controller entry does not appear in control panel" ..??

Any help please.

Thanks
Ash
I also had a problem loading G2 onto my Vista computer. Another person said install it onto a different hard drive. Well I loaded it onto a 2GB memory stick and run it from that (1GB might also work). This morning I put the Real Flight disk in told it to run the program and with the memory stick still plugged into my computer it ran just fine. If it works this easy don't understand why they can't support it to make an easy software patch so it would work normally with out the memory stick. I would think even a SD 1 or 2GB card might work also.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:24 AM

I-Contoller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn
did you disable UAC and check option to run RF as admin?
How do I fix the No I controller in control panel?
Old 12-03-2007, 08:03 AM

I've never seen that error. Maybe it's an issue with your USB system? Do you have alot of usb devices plugged in? Also, this is probably a good reason to contact tech support
Old 12-04-2007, 12:56 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardco5380
How do I fix the No I controller in control panel?
I ran into the same problem. First, disconnect the controller. Second, start G2 program. G2 then asks you to connect the I-controller, plug the controller back into the USB, then hit "ok"...problem solved.

I had the same problems when I added Trim Schemes, too.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:50 PM

G2 lite program link up-date

I have had my G2 lite for about a little over 3-1/2 years, at that time i was running windows 98 w/service pack 2 and it worked great, then i got 2 new coputors withe diferent windows xp and could never get or find a link to update the software to get it to work, in the past 3 years i have looked on this board for a link to do so as working from the software control center it always told me a new software was avalable but i could never conect to the server was the msg i got,, on these boards i seen the same problems i was having but no were was there a link to do so, even though ppl seem to have found the link and ppl ask them to post it no one ever did... well here's what i got and now after 3 years of my G2 lite being in the box packed away as junk i think it will work now,, as far as this last avalible up-date i don't know if it will work with vista as ido have the vista software that came with my last system i am not installing it until a service pack comes out for it, as vista is like when xp first came out, it's full of bugs and will be until a service pack is out..

i see this as a money grab and yes iagree they don't seem to care for us who started them off

Hello,

Here is a link you can use to access the manual update file for RealFlight G2 (version 2.00.723). Just click on the link and the file transfer process should begin for you. You will need to "Save" the update file to your DeskTop so that you can run it from that location.
DO NOT attempt to run the update file from this e-mail message. If your e-mail provider will not allow you to access a hyperlink from your e-mail account, then you will need to cut and paste the URL from this message into your browser.

http://www.knifeedge.com/Unpublished...ht2_00_723.exe

Save this file to your computer and from there you can install the update into RealFlight. It would be a good idea to save this update file to a disc (Zip Disc, CD-RW, etc.) so you can have it for the future.

Please Note: RealFlight G2 has now been discontinued by Great Planes.
As such, no future updates will be made available for RealFlight G2 beyond version 2.00.723.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklebd
i see this as a money grab and yes iagree they don't seem to care for us who started them off.
I used to have a TRS80 color computer, and then I was forced to get a PC. It's a conspiracy, man!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:00 PM

I had the same I-Controller error with G2, but on XP. This worked for me. Might work in Vista also.

It seems G2 looks for a game controller with a specific name of I-Controller.

Go to control panel, and open game controllers. Note what's listed under controller (mine was 6 axis 4 button something or other).

Open the registry editor (Start -> Run -> regedit).

Do an edit -> find and look for "6 axis" (or whatever your controller name is listed as). I found it under this key..
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Me diaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0 61C&PID_0008

Double click OEMName on the right and change the Value data to I-Controller.

Exit the registry editor and launch G2. Worked fine after that for me.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:58 AM

Angry 64 bit compatable.

I tried installing g2 and even the update, with no luck.

I downloaded the g4 demo and the demo works great.

Is there an upgrade path, I have the g2 controller and interlink stuff.

What can I do? Non of the updates install or work on my system. BUT THE DEMO WORKS GREAT. I just don't get any of the cool stuff working the demo.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:20 AM

Buy G4?

G2, lol!

TN..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: