Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G2
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 02-28-2003, 02:11 PM

Airplane Wish List

Don't post features you want in G2 just the planes.

1: http://www.omita.com/Forums/Boards/photo.jpg Try and post a photo if you have one.

2: Feel free to mention if you also want a plane that someone else has listed.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:38 PM

Omita's Wish List

#1. GeeBee R-1
http://www.omita.com/Forums/Boards/mini_geebee_r-1.jpg

#2. Grumman Albatross
http://www.vickivt.com/vicki/planes/albatross%20ext.jpg

#3. Kay Type 33/1 Gyroplane
http://www.nms.ac.uk/flight/images/238wide/Kay.jpg

#4. Bell Boeing's V-22 Osprey
http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/mil...ages/v2202.jpg

Bla bla bla.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:24 PM

gee bee

please please gimme the Gee Bee what an aircraft what an era, howay G2 do your self a favour. Fenton.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:01 PM

Wish List

I know we are wasting our time buy wishing and wishing KE will give us what we want, I have not seen any other airplane asked for more than a
GEE BEE R1/R2 in that order on this web site. LeeU
Old 03-04-2003, 06:05 PM

Wish List

AS a matter of fact I think KE should just give us the GEE BEE R1 for free for us asking and not recieving it for so long. LeeU
Old 03-04-2003, 06:31 PM

Wish List

Since wishing for a Gee Bee here has not put a Gee Bee in RF yet, start emailing Great Planes about this as I have.Keith where are you at we need you to help us get our GEE BEE. LeeU
Old 03-05-2003, 12:35 AM

Gee Bee R2

Don't worry guy's, I'm still here kicking and fighting. Maybe if we keep on bringing our opinions to this site we might get what we wan't!!! Don't your hold your breath though.I was always led to believe that the customer was always right. Obviously not as far as KE is concerned.I still cant believe that a plane which was the opitomy of air racing in America in the 30's and made an incredible contribution to aviation in general, has not been given to us, the BUYERS of this product, with all its problems!!
Any way, see you soon Keith
Old 03-06-2003, 12:43 AM

Add-Ons Vol. 5?

So, the GeeBee R2 is the first vote for Addons Vol 5, is it? What else do we want to see on that?

I keep having truouble deciding what my favourite plane is, but I'd be happy with just 5 or 6 from this shortlist:

DH82 Tiger Moth
Hawker Hurricane
Messerchmitt Bf.109
Avro Lancaster
Focke-Wulf Fw.190
DH98 Mosquito
Messerchmitt Me.262
F.20 Tigershark
BAe. Hawk
Mig-29 Fulcrum
F.18 Hornet
Eurofighter Typhoon

And, yeah, I guess a GeeBee R2, but only because I can't bear the thought of you guys whining on in the news group for years to come ( - only kidding)

(ouch! Are we never satisfied? probably not!)

- Graeme
Old 03-31-2003, 09:27 PM

airplane wish list

I would like to have a Stearman PT17.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:36 PM

Always thought a scale B-52 would be cool. My 'customized' B-17 turbine just isn't good enough.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:48 AM

Electric (and slope-soaring) foamies

OK, they're definitely not the sexiest models on the planet, but they're cheap and lots of fun. What about the Multiplex range, and other electric foamies? They're very common over here in the UK so that, if anyone was considering an RFG2 Add-on Vol 5, the following might be worth considering:
  • TwinJet - twin electric pusher, jet-style
  • TwinStar - twin electric high-wing, good trainer and first model
  • Zagi - indestructible flying wing: slope and pusher electric versions
  • PicoJet - single elextric pusher, jet-style, often used for single-class pylon races at "club" level
Old 05-20-2003, 09:22 AM

Zagi Zagi Zagi !!!

Ok, actually I'd like a Unicorn or XE2..

But we really need foamies & slope soaring!

Thanks
Old 07-07-2003, 08:22 PM
zrs4

slinger add on--flying wings??

i see this plane featured prominently in the current advertisement from tower hobbies, but for some reason flying wings seem to be passed over on the simulator which is a great dissapointment to me.
are there any plans to add these types to the real flight simulator?
i dont see any substitute for the elevon controlled planes. the ones on the sim are the same kind over and over, can this system handle this type of plane, or is it too much for it?

Best Regards
Tim M
Old 07-13-2003, 06:35 AM

I would like to give my two pennies advice on what I would like to see on Add-On 5. Sure, I would love to have a Gee Bee R-2 two. But I think to broaden the envelope of RealFlight I strongly would like to see different model configurations. The big advantage of RealFlight in my opinion is that you can “test fly” your models and get used to them before you are out at the flying field. E.g. I built a Corsair .60 size and the kit manufacturer recommended a certain throw for the ailerons. During construction of my Corsair I typed in all dimensions and measurements and test flew it on RealFlight. So I learned early on that the ailerons were much to soft for my liking and I could increase the throw easily during construction. Afterwards flying the real model these changes were spot on!
So we have Biplanes, Triplanes and multi-engined planes by now. By painting the planes differently on the existing Add-Ons we can make them look like a Hurricane or a Messerschmitt Bf109 or a B-24 instead of a B-17. But what is really missing are flying wings (Zagi or even better the Messerschmitt Me-163 Komet or the Gotha Go-229 as you can see it on Microsoft’s Combat Flight Simulator 3), canards and delta configurations. Also reading the input on the discussion board regarding the Ultra Stik with the quad-flaps there should be a model of the Big Stik where you can assign 4 servos to 4 moving surfaces on your wing to test the quad configuration and may be two independent servos for two flying surfaces on elevator to try the effects of elevons for really hot dog flying. Should be in “Servos Page” just like “Left Aileron” “Right Aileron” as “Left Elevator”, “Right Elevator”, “Left Flap”, “Right Flap”.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:42 AM

A wing would be nice.

I agree that a delta wing would be great.

Bla bla bla.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: