Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G2
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 11-05-2002, 06:40 PM

Gotmineyesterday

Yea, I know. Sometimes it doesn't make sense. I think Tower uses distribution centers around the country where as Horizon is somewhat smaller and can ship right from their door.
Highflyer. What OS are you using? Is the power to the tower connected?
"nuff of this; I'm going to fly the Harrier(upside down into the ground) till I can't see the Martooni infront ofm y fa cce......
Old 11-05-2002, 07:13 PM

addon4

Yikes. I thought helicopters were hard to grasp. Quick! Nemo! the superglue. I think I shall sit back and try to peruse and partake.
The Harrier is a challenge to put down in one piece.
"Where's the Yellow Handle?!"
Eject!Eject!Eject!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:40 PM

Add-on 4???

Hey just to make ya'll jealous...I've had mine for a while...hehehhe I've even gotten to where I can Take off with the harrier straight up...do a 90 degree turn and take off like a bat out of you know where...and yes I can land it on the battleship...what do you guys think I do all day? I love this add-on's it is the best!!!! The stuka is awesome in Snow Park too.....

this is a great hobby, but still a hobby
Old 11-06-2002, 06:49 PM

Addon4??

Hi Mary.
The Harrier is a completely new adventure. I like the challenge. I got my copy Monday and I'm getting to where I can backup, hover, pivot and fly down the runway at a slow walk. I find landing after zooming around at speed, (and it is FAST), to be quite "interesting". You have to take your inertia into consideration and use your throttle and nozzles accordingly. I crash on landing frequently if I get below my effective control speed. I'm getting there.
Is there a advanced nav quide that could show nozzle percentage? I'm using my mouse to get complete varience in the nozzles and it would be nice to know just where the nozzles are pointing at when beyond visual range.
Thanks.
Hobiewan
Old 11-07-2002, 06:22 AM

Anybody had trouble getting #4 to load?
Old 11-07-2002, 07:39 AM

addon-4??

Hi again,Mary.
I went to advanced Nav guides and use my flap indicator to give me an idea where the nozzles are at. At full down nozzle, I get about 22.9 degrees of down flap, and at full back I get 0.1. So if I want have nozzle deflection I just go to around 11-12 degrees. It would be nice if in the future patches you put out that you could include a nozzle indicator calibrated to the actual nozzle position.
The Harrier is really a "gas" to fly. The more I fly it, the more fun it gets.(less time waiting for the reload after crash!!)
Highflyer; mine loaded right in in a couple of minutes.
C-Ya folks.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:23 PM

addon-4???

Highflyer; my copy fairly leaped upon the drive. The Harrier is "refreshing"!
Long story short; I asked Mary if there was a nozzle angle indicator in advanced nav guides.
I realized after watching the Harrier from an angle, the flaps moved in relation to the nozzles. I don't know if they are directly or proportionally related.
(supposed to be a short story)Using the mouse with my non-usb controller, I can select how much nozzle to use. You can use the flap nav guide to give a pretty good idea of how much nozzle is deflected.
Makes it easier to setup your approach.
Gasp. I'm out of air.
Bailou.........
Old 11-07-2002, 07:27 PM

addon4again

Highflyer,
I know you have discovered by now the Harrier is a different animal from regular aircraft and helicopters. I believe the part about 5' off the ground bounce.
Glad you got going.
BTW, are you using interlink or your own radio? I'm using the old RF radio and the mouse controls the amount of nozzle and flap deflection.
C-Ya.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:49 PM

OK, now I got it. My install looked good then when I started RFG2 it asked for the #4 disk and then sorta died. If restarted it would start then ask for the disk and die. I could run using "clean" but did not have #4 available. So tonight I started "clean" but instead of running RFG2 I put the #4 disk in and it started the install again. this time it worked right and that harrier is great. How long before someone offeres a model with the same features? Anyway I have a friend who was a pilot in the Marines and flew the harrier. He said the first time he tried a vertical landing he bounced about 5' high.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: