Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G2
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 03-14-2005, 04:48 PM

Service non-availability

I don't believe it. As suggested in your email, I've tried the link to Product Support on http://www.gpsoftware.com/contacts.htm, and it's dead. Then I tried Bug report on the same page and I got NOTE: THE BUG REPORTING SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY DOWN.(Your caps., not mine)

Now try and convince me that this isn't a Company cracking at the edges?

Given the amount of heat that this support issue is generating, with the inevitable bad taste that it generates in the user base, with the even more inevitable decrease in sales that it will will happen , someone needs to fix the issue NOW.

Do I care personally about your Company? - probably not, I don't know any of you, so why should I?. Do I want you to be successful? Perversely, yes. That way my investment in your products is guaranteed for a few years and I'm not left with unsupported products.

As far as I can see, this problem has been outstanding since last year. Tell me who'se going to buy from a Company that allows its main support system to be down for that long, and then allows crashes in the back-up systems??

I'm in the UK, so a call to a support desk is expensive, why do I want to spend time and money getting a bug fix from a Company that offers free, automatic bug fix updates?

There has to be a workaround, I look forward to your creative thoughts on the issue.

Cheers

Chris

Last edited by CElliott; 03-14-2005 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Change of information on web-site
Old 03-16-2005, 08:24 AM

Also is there any comment on the flashing shadows issue,

1) yes the new patch and use alternative fog does not work ....
2) i know about using a older nvidia driver yes it works but i need to use the newest drivers to allo best performance with 3dsmax and other games ...

Common it cant be that hard to sort out ...

Regards
Cormu
Old 03-16-2005, 12:48 PM

Do you guy's(tech support that is) work at best buy or computer geeks.

Last edited by AZVMAX; 03-18-2005 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:12 AM

Primary Server is up

Umm...that's it!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:52 AM

Lightbulb I know how it feels

Its hard editing alot of messedges on fourms. I installed a Filter on mine instead of having to read everyone on my friends website
Old 04-06-2005, 02:53 PM
contra53

Angry

i post hear randomly but read a lot. it seems like the last time i was here about 6-8mos ago the same problems were going on with the update servers. i find this ridiculous.

knifeedge/realflight what is the problem? your product is not cheap but you give these excuses that your update server has been down for xxx days is not cutting it, especially the newest one where you say you can't fix the problem. come on, this is ridiculous. whoever is running your site needs to be replaced. i can run a site from my home better than you guys can for a commercial product.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:51 AM

Yes this support is compleatlly unacceptable i will never be buying one of their products ever again.

And you can be sure i will be warning everyone about this on all the rc forums ...
Old 04-07-2005, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas15
Its hard editing alot of messedges on fourms. I installed a Filter on mine instead of having to read everyone on my friends website
grow up......
Old 04-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Administrator

I just got back from a meeting with our publisher and their networking guy where we discussed this very issue. I gave them all the info I could, and I think it will help them further troubleshoot the problem.

I've said it before, but for the record, the servers are not down. Many people access them without any problem. If you can't get through, try toggling the PASV mode setting (under Proxy Settings...). Also, if you need an update, contact RealFlight Technical Support. They are able to help get you updated, and you can email them if you don't want to pay for the phone call.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:37 PM

It don't work

servers up, servers down, sorry, that' s no way to treat customers.

these boys are showing all the signs of terminal death throes
Old 08-25-2005, 06:34 PM

I have emailed for update many times but nothing happens..no response from servers and no response from support.... what a pity to own such a software

i have G2 lite
Old 08-30-2005, 06:51 AM
Dalite

I cannot get the Control Panel to load after doing an online update.

I was able to get through on the Secondary Server, but the update crashed before completion.

Now, the Control Panel is MIA.

Any suggestions?

I was hoping to get G2 updated so I could upgrade to G3. Now, it's not looking like a good plan of action.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:04 AM
[Cobra]

I've got the same problem as Dalite.

I manually updated the control panel and then it said it needed a rebobot to complete the instalation, so i did that and now everythime i run the Control Panel it trys to update but cant get through on both the primary or secondary server and then crashes.

Has anyone worked out a fix for this as Dalite posted near a month ago.

Why cant you guys have a downloads page with the latest .exe for us to download directly and just patch it that way? This would save us the hassle of having to go through this turmoil everytime we re-install the game as we could just save the .exe on our hardrive to use again in the future. I went through all this a year ago to get a copy of the game i paid **** loads for working, and now again, i am unable to play it. There has got to be a better way.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:13 AM

There is another site that Knife Edge have that you can access the Latest Update (2.00.273) and the Latest Control Panel from them I can not give you the site as it is a restricted site that they can only give you. I emailed them and about 1-2 weeks later got a reply to my email. The problem I kept having was that my game G2 Delux would crash whilst editing a plane or even sometimes when I was flying. The email they sent back was extremely helpful and somewhat fixed my problem. I have the latest update and Control Panel now saved on a CD/R so I have it for later use.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:29 PM

Smile Ryan Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas
I just got back from a meeting with our publisher and their networking guy where we discussed this very issue. I gave them all the info I could, and I think it will help them further troubleshoot the problem.

I've said it before, but for the record, the servers are not down. Many people access them without any problem. If you can't get through, try toggling the PASV mode setting (under Proxy Settings...). Also, if you need an update, contact RealFlight Technical Support. They are able to help get you updated, and you can email them if you don't want to pay for the phone call.
All I did was go into the PROXY and un-check (USE PASV MODE)
if these folks would try that, it will load.
I had been trying for months and just figured it out.
and now I just noticed it on your post *LOL*
Thanks
Jeff

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: