Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G2
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 10-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Garrett

I had real problems with the program at first and Knife edge was most helpful to me, There is always 2 sides to every story.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:24 PM

i need to upgrade .723

Support pls need an upgrade for G2 2.00637 to the lates ..no contact with server
Old 11-04-2005, 07:27 PM

atique, the best thing you can do is contact Tech Support. They will help you get the latest version.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:21 PM

I`m trying to download mmy G2 version Update .... and the server is down... anoyone can help me ? If yor have the way to the last version please send me a email to gonzalezmfrank@gmail.com

thanks a lot

Frank
Old 11-17-2005, 11:00 AM

server down???!!!!????

I just purchased a used copy of G2 and I can't register it because of the server down deal. I emailed support and they replied with some suggestions to try. I did and still can't register online. I did get the link to the latest update and did get it installed but I still need to register it so I can fly online.

I have dsl connection. I disconnected my router, shut down norton int security and virus, windows firewall is shutdown, unchecked pasv, tried "USEBACKUPSERVER"and still will not work. I also just purchased G3 and registered & upgraded it without any problems. So what's next? Do I need to call support to register it or what?

I think that knifeedge, greatplanes or whoever is responsible for G2 still needs to keep their servers and support up and going because IMO, G2 is the better sim!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:27 PM

I agree, i have paid alot of money for this program, to help teach me to fly RC planes, but what really anoyed me was that when I bought the game I was told that once I open the box even if I didnt play it that I was unable to return it, eg. If it wouldn't run on my computer as I had an older computer back then.

But I emailed Tech support and they gave me two sealed sites, the first which had the Control Panel Update, and the second which had the Game update, (which now wont open says it's not available anyomore). But still the game has a tendancy to crash when i'm changing planes or editing the planes.

I have tried emailing tech again but have had no response. "WHERE ARE YOU TECH SUPPORT PEOPLE".

I had a reply within a few days last time now it's been 4months and I'm still waiting.

I know you guys are busy but HELLO this has been a problem with many players that I have spoken to over the Multiplayer game.

SO PLEASE just post the links to the updates so we DONOT have to beg and plee to get some answers from you.

Why is it so hard to post a link anyway.

Thankyou SEEYA
Old 02-04-2006, 06:57 PM

When are you're servers up?

Very poor tech support to say the least. I sure won't be purchasing this junk anymore. I hope you go out of business.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:28 PM

Had the product for some time now and just got to re-installing it, having the same troubles as others getting updated - except that right now, it won't even start so i'm dead in the water without an update (assuming that will even fix it).

My version is I think the original G2 release, there are 7 or 8 updates available to the current.

My sequence of events is the same as most others, i've updated the cpanel and tried the secondary server too.

I did put an ethernet monitor on to see what it was doing and I have to say, wow what a wierd way of doing things - it's using an FTP server and the FTP protocol, but it works by creating requests as files, uploading the file and then downloading a 'response' file - certainly a unique approach

Still...

The primary server is giving lots of error messages on various commands that the cpanal is issuing, which suggests it's rather dead.

The secondary server seems to do much better, however it complains of "disk quota exceeded" when it tries to send one of the messages to the server.

I've read elsewhere that their secondary server seem to work for a while and then stop - I wonder if they house-keep it periodically and that makes it work, then it fills up and dies again.

I've emailed all this to support, hopefully at some point i'll get a response.

Matt.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:09 PM

Talking G2 Update!

Matt, If you email Tech support they will send you a link to a ownloadable exe file of the latest update, I mailed them today and received the link in 15 mins, and was happliy crashing models in twenty.
John b
Old 02-20-2006, 06:26 PM

Hi,

having the same problem with being unable to download the update via the cpanel. I recently reinstalled on a new PC and have the fog issue with my Radeon 9600XT.

If someone who actually recieved the link to the download would be kind enough to post it here, I think it would help a lot of people. I can also be emailed at sch1234@gmail.com.

I emailed GP support, immediately recieved an automated reply with a link to a new cpanel execuatable that does not work!!

link removed from this post, email from GP saying to not share the link. Not sure why.

I replied to that email, as instructed, and have yet to recieve another response.

I was thinking about G3, but I work in the IT field as I have now for 10 years, and this company's customer support is absolutely pathetic. $200 for this software, plus the 4 addons I bought, and I can't even get an online update to work.

Please help if you can.

Steve

Last edited by sykotek; 02-22-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:27 PM

Also, I have tried the PASV trick mentioned above, and yes it has worked in the past fort me, but not any more.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:31 AM

Finally heard back from Great Planes. Here is the link to the direct download of the final G2 update in case anyone else needs it.

I removed the link, emailed from GP saying to not share the link. Not sure why. Sorry.

Even if you're updated already, it's wise to download it and save it somewhere in case you ever have to resintall in the update after reinstalling and it's no longer available.

Last edited by sykotek; 02-22-2006 at 10:20 AM. Reason: because
Old 02-22-2006, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotek
Finally heard back from Great Planes. Here is the link to the direct download of the final G2 update in case anyone else needs it.

http://www.knifeedge.com/Unpublished...ht2_00_723.exe

Even if you're updated already, it's wise to download it and save it somewhere in case you ever have to resintall in the update after reinstalling and it's no longer available.
Many many thanks for the link - been trying to update using the normal way for 2 days
Old 02-25-2006, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutronIC
I did put an ethernet monitor on to see what it was doing and I have to say, wow what a wierd way of doing things - it's using an FTP server and the FTP protocol, but it works by creating requests as files, uploading the file and then downloading a 'response' file - certainly a unique approach
Nah, not a unique approach, just one not seen outside of unix/mainframe communications much. Called EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and almost as old as "Watson, come here! I need you!"...

I work for an oil wholesale/distributor, and we send Purchase Orders to our vendors via EDI. We ftp the PO as a text file, send a command to the server to process, then wait for a response in the form of a text file in a 'mailbox' and download it.

---

As for the .exe, thanks goosegog for quoting the original post. Downloaded it and works great.

As for registering, I just called the Tech Support number, waited about 10 mins, got a guy that reset the password, waited about 5 more mins (his suggestion), then went in and registered.

My install sequence was this:
1. Removed ALL Realflight software
2. Deleted the "C:\Program Files\Realflight" folder
WARNING: If G3Demo is loaded delete everything except the "G3Demo" folder inside the folder in step 3
3. Deleted the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\KnifeEdge" folder
4. Searched with RegEdit and removed all registry entries for RealFlight
5. Used Search to find all files with serial number in them
6. Deleted all files found from step 5
7. Installed RealFlight Deluxe (I have an Upgrade G2)
8. DID NOT RUN THE REALFLIGHT DELUXE PROGRAM OR INSTALL ANY UPDATES
9. Installed G2
10. Installed the G2 2.00.723 update
11. Installed all Add-On Disks
12. Fired up the game and started playing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: