Go Back   Knife Edge > Inactive forums > RealFlight Swap Pages > RealFlight G3 > Aircraft
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:30 PM

MINI KAT - King Kat Variant ( 1st POST )

This is a Hand Launch Mini Kat. You will physically see the landing gear but there is no gear got a launch'er. everything else is functional and very stable 6.5 lbs, with 7 lbs thrust turbine@200,000rpm ( like Kolibri Big Bear turbine ). Throttle management as with all jets is important and full throttle would only be needed for launch, landing is done normally and under power, obliviously fast roll rate and snap speeds but stops on a dime. This thing is a lot of fun!!!! It took me a while drawing on paper and scaling down weights amongst the fuselage particulars in order to keep it from flipping end over end in a violent forward snap. Anyway I hope it works its really one of the funnest things I have played with on this sim, as well all the posts i have used form this forum. 320 MPH full throttle !! And built up to take those G-Loads...... Good Luck.
Attached Files
File Type: g3x mini kat_AV.G3X (33.5 KB, 179 views)
Old 08-24-2006, 06:34 PM

If the gear are retractable on the regular version (which I think they are) then set the gear servo to a fixed value that keeps the gear retracted on your variant.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:36 PM

Thanks I will definatley go try....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: