Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:25 AM

Heads Up Feature

First off, I love the new heads-up feature Fantastic.

Suggested Improvements(all minor)

1.) When "P" is pressed to reset the start and reset point, the heads up display still shows heading, distance and altitude of the original point. It would be nice if the new point was used for these calculations.
2.) It would be nice if negative velocities were displayed on the left running tape and the color of the airspeed would change to red or another color when going backwards. I know helis have left and right velocity components too, but this would be difficult to represent.
3.) Fuel gauge should go red below say 25% maybe less and start blinking below 10%. Values I picked are arbitrary.

Thanks for the great new feature this is the main reason for my early purchase.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 11-03-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Administrator

I'm very glad you're enjoying the new HUD! Thanks for the suggestions.

It was a deliberate decision to not store a new home location when resetting to a stored position instead of a spawn. If you're actually using an arbitrary point as a beginning to your flight, editing the airport to add a proper spawn there would likely be a better way to go about it.

Can you tell me more about what you're doing and how that behavior would be useful to you?
Old 11-05-2013, 06:58 PM

Ryan, thanks for responding.
Keep in mind that I am using it primarily as a heli pilot or quad pilot.
I like to set different launch points quickly as I am flying. So if I happen to be flying to and from a construction site building, I can set an origin point to fly from after the next crash (who me crash?) I think that spawn points are much to static and it is hard to determine one of those points quickly. It might be nice to somehow get current x,y,z coordinates so you could adjust a spawn point quickly. I see my idea as a quick shortcut that you can set quickly, yours is much slower, but at least I understand that you considered it. I would guess that most people do not even use the P command at all. I use it all the time to keep from having to wait for the rotors to spin up.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:10 AM

Would you consider adding a user option to the settings (where you select the color of the display) that would allow the user to have the home position be reset when the P(osition) command is used? That could default to off unless the user turned the feature on.

Another comment was that the information took up too much display room, so maybe a couple of size options??? please, and understand.. these are in no way criticism of a great new feature.
Thanks... it is really helpful to have this graphical information. Well Done.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 11-06-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: