Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 08-20-2015, 09:50 AM

custom plane similar to the HK skipper ?

hello.

can anyone possibly point me at an aircraft that is similar to the hobbyking skipper ?

i intend to buy one soon, and want to see how it flies in RF7.5....

the skipper is a clone of another plane (as are most HK products)
it's an all terrain amphibious plane.

i did search the forum for such a plane, but didn't see anything.....

thanks in advance,

Jason
Old 08-20-2015, 01:44 PM

Sorry, I do not know of a similar plane in Real Flight. Have you searched the swap pages. If you know the name of the plane that this is a clone of, search for that.

Remember that these planes are the designers interpretation of what they think that they might fly like. Sometimes it is a guess based on dimensions and weight. At this size, many foamies fly pretty much alike.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:54 PM

Water, Grass, Snow. SWEET! Just remember, if YOU dump it in the drink, YOU gotta go get it.
I found a plane in the Swaps that is similar, to the HK skipper. Its called the Polaris EA. http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=13780
(Search "Polaris" in Swaps. Also, if you Google, "Polaris Rc", you can watch some videos)
NOTE FILE TYPES: "Entire Aircraft" (EA), is the Parent file , that, CORRESPONDING, Aircraft Variant (AV), and Color Scheme (CS) files, Rely UPON.
The Polaris EA, was Originally created, for G4.5 It feels WAY under powered in RF7.5. SO...
Once this plane is loaded in RealFlight, go to, the Main Menu>Aircraft>Quick Edit, and bump the Engine Power %, to at least 200%. The Elevator "Trim" on your Transmitter, will also need to be adjusted, Way "UP".(or it climbs badly)
There is also a Corresponding, Aircraft Variant (AV) listed. (but it can't be loaded into the RealFlight program, UNLESS you have the EA loaded first. Or, you'll get an Error!) Any time you come across a AV, or CS download file, ALWAYS Check the REQUIRES field in the file, for the PARENT EA, they rely upon! Make sure the EA's loaded first.
Note: Clicking on the "?" Bubble on any download page in the swaps, will give you Download Instructions.
Here's the link, to the POLARIS 3D AV: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=13784
The 3D AV has MORE POWER, but, will also need the ELEVATOR TRIM, trimmed way UP on your TX.
Personally I like the 3D AV.
Quick Edit, is a good, Quick fix. But, the plane SHOULD be made to fly properly, in the Aircraft Editor. (probably a CG. change is needed)
Not Knowing your background in RC or RealFlight, The Quick Edit, should get you in the air for now. Quick
Hey,I found another one. Its called, the NORTHSTAR. This plane, seems to be more sensitive, to the high Thrust Line. It noses down, with power.
So be prepared. There are also "Google Videos" of this plane in action.
The EA requires Quite a bit of Down Elevator Trim. LINK: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=11885
The AV is LARGER. And the Elevator Trim is close. LINK: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=11981 Enjoy!

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 08-21-2015 at 01:48 AM.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:56 AM

Thanks heaps.

I'll download it and try tonight.
Much cheaper to crash pixels than foam

Jason.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: