Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:17 PM

Custom planes

Man oh man I'm hiving a ball with this. I'm flying my trainer every day on the sim, but there's a bunch of other cool planes to fly.....,,gotta love the B17.....I can loop that sucker.....I like the A7 Corsair....doing dirty inverted low passes.......there's even Blue Angels & Thunderbirds......Mustangs...Corsairs.....even a vstol F35! (I'll have to get an 8 chan tx someday!) It's a gas.

But I haven't taken my act to the park yet. Donno if I'm ready.....lots of custom planes......I was wondering if any of you who've created your own custom planes might consider creating the one I have sitting here in the wings waiting for me......

http://www.headsuphobby.com/MiniBipe...?categoryId=-1

I don't know what's involved of course..... but that would be a gas to.....flying the plane I have right here on the sim.......

Just thought I'd throw it out there.......

Semper Fi!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:47 PM

I've watched the Videos of that plane. Looks to be pretty easy to fly. 3 channel is kinda limited though in what you can do with it. there are a couple 3 channel airplanes you should try. The Flyzone skyfly and Skyfly 2 are both 3 channel. I don't know where you are in your level of skill but if you can take off, go around in a pattern and land and do it without giving much thought into the process, find yourself a large field and give that biplane a try. The only way to know if your ready is to do it

Just make your next airplane a proper 4 Channel bird next time

Last edited by csgill75; 07-26-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:48 PM

I wanted to start with a 3 channel plane and progress from there. Seemed like a logical course of action.

Thanks for the advice on the "pushers"....seemed to do ok with them the 1st time out.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:44 PM

Welcome to the RealFlight community Sarge. The Mini Bipe looks like a very interesting design. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. If you go to the RF7 Designers corner, thats the place to post a request for a model. There's a lot of great modelers out there. A full EA is very time consuming, so you are only likely to get the request filled if someone really wants to do it for reasons in addition to the fact that you'd love to have one. But its worth it to post your request. There may be someone out there who's already thought about doing it, and your request is the thing that helps them decide to go for it.

There is something you could probably do on your own thats a lot simpler. With the aircraft editor, the physics of any plane can be altered in almost any way you can imagine. Its not at all necessary for the physics and the visual model to actually match. If you started with any biplane foamy, and entered changes to the physics that matched your Mini Bipe, you could get a plane that flies the same even though it wouldn't look the same. Probably the closest one to start with would be the Reflection. I think its in expansion packs 1 and 3. If you don't want to get the expansion packs, just search "foamy" on the swap pages, and I'm sure you'll find something that would work. Good luck
Old 07-27-2015, 12:46 PM

Thanks a lot! I got the expansion packs as well as a bunch of other cool stuff, so I'll give it a try.

Someone pointed me to a foamie that didn't have any giddyap & go, so I slapped a default prop on it and it took right off, so to speak. Now to land it! hehehe

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by SargeUSMC56; 07-27-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:05 PM

Take offs are optional, landings are NOT!
Old 07-27-2015, 01:06 PM

I'm finding that out!

HEHEHE
Old 08-16-2015, 02:40 PM

hi I am familiar and happy with real flight but my favorite plane is nowhere to be found ( precision aerobatic addiction ) except for phoenix rc and baying the sim just for this particular model is a bit crazy so I wonder if in a near future the model could be adapted to real flight 7

let me know what you think

never mind I fond it I was looking in the rong place lol

Last edited by moebius13; 08-16-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: fond what i was asking for
Old 08-16-2015, 03:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...o=file&id=7648

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...o=file&id=8221

here is a couple may need tweaked for RF 7.5 or may have AV for RF7.5
Old 08-16-2015, 06:28 PM

if I might add to what Doug said... I found an AV (Aircraft Variant) file of the requested plane that has been modded to fly in the current version of Real Flight 7.5 You need to download the first EA (Entire Aircraft) file and then down load the file below. Then import both files into Real Flight.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=21489

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: