Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 02-09-2019, 08:41 PM

I bought RF7.5 at a local hobby shop this week, but...

They told me I would be able to bind my transmitter with it. That doesn't seem to be the case. Pretty disappointed that I bought an outdated software that I can't use a transmitter with. I bought it so I can practice flying since I am a new RC pilot, and I keep wrecking planes. Ha ha! This seemed like an inexpensive way to do it.
I picked up the WS1000 while I was there. From another thread, I read that it is not compatible with RF7.
ARghhhh. So bummed. It's windy and really cold and this is what I had planned for the day, but it's a bust. I installed the software, so I don't think I could possibly return it.

Is there hope?

My tx is a JumperT12, which binds easily with spektrum receivers. But I cannot find how to get the software to recognize it in any way.

Does anyone have any tips?

It's this, or laundry. Ha ha!
Old 02-09-2019, 10:05 PM

You should return it and get RF8. It will work fine with your WS1000. They told your wrong as 7 uses proprietary interfaces while 8 will use any generic USB device that Windows recognizes. Your only choice for 7/7.5 would be to get the wired interface specifically for RF7 or an Interlink Elite.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:35 AM

Thumbs down Mr D

Well well guys, i have the same problem as this reader. I have just bought realflight 7.5 with dongle SLT wireless and also a tx650 tactics SLT transmitter. I cannot get idle-up to work or configure 3D or idle-up. There's nothing faulty or dodgy software or harware (all brand new) i' m just dumb. For example i have throttle curve and pitch curve set in normal, stunt 1 an stunt 2 on the transmitter, but i don' t know how to make realflight understand the inputs from my tactics transmitter ttx650, eventhough it's connected , and some functions work. It definately must be possible cos i saw some guy doing tricks on youtube through the very realflight 7.5. So if anyone can show me a step by step guide of wht the settings on transmitter should be ,wht the correct settings on realflight 7.5 should be and importantly how to get my heli into 3D mode.

and the help pages on realflight no direspect r useless bcos i need to know figures and percentages on my transmitter or edit aircraft settings in rf7.5

So pls if anybody can Compile a complete.how to. For idiot to expert
Old 02-10-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
They told me I would be able to bind my transmitter with it. That doesn't seem to be the case. Pretty disappointed that I bought an outdated software that I can't use a transmitter with. I bought it so I can practice flying since I am a new RC pilot, and I keep wrecking planes. Ha ha! This seemed like an inexpensive way to do it.
I picked up the WS1000 while I was there. From another thread, I read that it is not compatible with RF7.
ARghhhh. So bummed. It's windy and really cold and this is what I had planned for the day, but it's a bust. I installed the software, so I don't think I could possibly return it.

Is there hope?

My tx is a JumperT12, which binds easily with spektrum receivers. But I cannot find how to get the software to recognize it in any way.

Does anyone have any tips?

It's this, or laundry. Ha ha!
Since the reason you bought it was because they told you it would work, you have every right to return it to them, open or not. I'd never heard of "Jumper" before this, but it appears to be a very economy "clone" of the various FrSky transmitters, and runs OpenTX. Since it does have a USB port, it should be usable with just a standard USB cord - on Real Flight 8. No dongle needed. Time for a trip back to the store.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:48 PM

Exactly it was their mistake not yours. I have a Jumper T8SG Plus V2 that runs Deviation. Your version should work fine. They are decent multi-protocol radios. I don't think the USB port can be used for control. It's used for putting model files and firmware updates on the radio.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:34 PM

Easy test - plug one end of the USB into a computer, turn on the TX to any aircraft, and plug the other end in. If there is a pop-up on the TX screen asking if you want USB Joystick or USB Storage, you will be good to go for RF 8. If not, you may want to try loading "regular" OpenTX - but at your own risk, I can't advise on how easy/hard that is on that radio - or what may or may not be reversible if it doesn't work out.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:49 AM

I have an issue that maybe you guys can help with. Got a NIB RF 7 with wired usb so I can use my DX6. It runs fine and is fun but, the only view I can get is the Fixed View. All the others are greyed out. Anyone know how to correct this issue? Also I can not find a switch to activate the retracts. The flaps work off my 3 position switch.

thanks
Old 02-11-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane42 View Post
I have an issue that maybe you guys can help with. Got a NIB RF 7 with wired usb so I can use my DX6. It runs fine and is fun but, the only view I can get is the Fixed View. All the others are greyed out. Anyone know how to correct this issue? Also I can not find a switch to activate the retracts. The flaps work off my 3 position switch.

thanks
You need to choose a 3D field for the other views they don't work on a Photofield. As far as channels you can map them in the software and/or remap them in the radio. I have a DX9 with the OrangeRX wireless dongle (not the WS1000) and I only get 7 channels. You can always use the keyboard keys (YUIO) if needed for channels 5-8. I find though I just always use the Interlink Elite as it works and is easy.

Last edited by BrokeDad; 02-11-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: