Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 10:08 PM

Thank you!!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:05 PM

Bravo! Well Done KE!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:56 PM

I know I got here late to the pitty party ...I did read this thread a while ago and as I have not upgraded to the new version and quite frankly don't plan to at least for this go around
So as I wasn't effected I just kept my jaw shut
and kept my eye on this because ...
let me say that when 7 was released and I found out that previously purchased EP content was now locked up and given only as challenge trophys

I probably resembled the bovine avatar above

but then one of my first thought was ..Is that even legal ?..actually I thought that there is no way KE would do that
and thought

nah
'' bet there will be a crack for owners on the EPs maybe even the EPs serials to un lock them in the paperwork or with the disc...

I'm very glad KE has come to its senses

...but 2 things were said here that I
would as a long time forum member ,contributor and rf customer need to get off my chest
ryan I don't think you assessment of the EP aircraft getting old and there for is considered as something that's not supported is/...Was not really fair and only valid in my opinion
if the new version is more advanced and for some reason even the last EP (was it 8?)wold no longer be compatable
having them no longer compatible is one thing ..like CSgill the first thing I thought was if it means RF can get past DX9 ...I'd mail in any pack I had challenge be da%$#$%.... heck I'd overnight them with a check for the upgrade ...
BUT...
when you are using and promoting that same exact content EP content some one payed for as prizes in your NEWEST up to date version
there is no way your can say "they are old and not supported ....whith all due respect... "...come on now its avatar time!

It don't mean hill of beans to me if I can still use it still have G5.o or whatever...if its in the new version even in a challenge I had better $#2 well be able to fly it with out jumping through hoops . and especially if you did not tell the customer before the upgrade that my old stuff is now locked ...at least give the consumer the honest info about some of before he make a new purchase....

OK Im done
like I said im glad you guys came to your senses and everything is roses ralong side the runway I think it was the only fair thing to do

that being said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas View Post
But what to use for those rewards?
Ryan Ryan Ryan,....
JMO ...the answer was staring you in the face.... every time you visited this forum...at the same exact time the geeks were in the bunkers hacken at code

At no other time in RFs history did you have such a Quality pool of willing talented ,knowledgeable ,motivated professional level group of content creators here that matched some of your paid guys work even handicapped by restrictions KE designers did not have
AND genuinely LOVED RF and were already working together for the most part
not so sure you can say that about every KE employee
I'm sure at least a few would e jumped at the chance to create challenge prize aircraft for probably nothing more than their name credited on the box, permanently in the file or in the manual 10 dollar coupon towards the new version I certainly would have let may over the air brush and I bet we all could have kept it under raps as well...oh well its all good .....my vent is outa steanm...till next time .cheers

Last edited by Maj. Numbskully; 04-05-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:39 AM

Thank you!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:17 PM

I'll be honest, I just got into this hobby and this simulator. I saw some of the goofier hidden/unlockable aircraft and wasnt worried about why they didnt appear in my list, but then I saw some of the cooler aircraft and helis and I instantly started googling about it. Eventually I ended up at this thread and basically gathered from it that aside from learning to fly eight hours a day every day there is no way I'll be seeing all the unlockable content in RealFlight 7. I really can't see myself becoming skilled enough in so little time to get everything, and that isnt very fun.

Simply put I agree with the sentiment that this is a simulator and not a video game and not offering a legitimate console command to unlock everything available to a RealFlight 7 purchaser in offline mode does feel like the wrong decision to make. This software doesn't sell cheap at the hobby shops with the interlink plug that connects your controller to your pc, and to me that steeper than a video game price tag was a promise of a simulator, and not just a video game.

In the end the software is yours to do with as you please, however there a ton of purely cosmetic mesh/visual things you could have offered in place of actual aircraft flight models, which is what I paid to have, to which you have delivered, until I saw the other cool VTOLs and helis, thereby feeling instantly cheated out of something I thought I had already paid to receive.

Finally I will just say in closing. I enjoy your software greatly and have already gotten my money's worth out of it, what harm could it do to allow a simple console command to be entered to allow a newbie some time with the hidden aircraft during offline play(online can still be a carrot to dangle).
Old 08-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Adam-inistrator

@elanuzuru: You may have missed Ryan's post up above. There is indeed a console command to unlock the challenge rewards from expansion packs and mega packs: "unlockRewardsFromEPs"
Old 08-16-2014, 01:25 AM

How do I bind this to the startup script?
Old 08-17-2014, 11:39 AM

Just type "unlockRewardsFromEPs" (without the quotes) into your startup.rfscript and save.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
There are ways around the challenges to get your aircraft back.

3 Ways to get them actually.

1. Complete the challenges.

2. Export a AV of the missing aircraft from your older copy of Realflight, import the AV and fly that AV copy.

3. Edit the database file to "Cheat the system" to make it think you completed all the challenges. This gives you the original files without having to create AV's but is time consuming. This however is not something I am going to tell you how to do publicly on this forum but if you really want to know, PM me a message.
pm how to edit data base file to outlaw@skybest.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: