Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G5 & G4 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 12:44 PM

Yep Troy looking good
Old 08-13-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkboy999
Yep Troy looking good
Thanx a bunch here are some new pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Side.jpg (87.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg New pic per.jpg (95.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 08-13-2009, 08:42 PM

Thumbs up Awesome

lookin' good

Kenneth C.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:04 PM

your ganna hate me but.......

Hey Troy

Your model look good but you still over shot the number of polyies X2. I'm not sure of what the menu is in Max to find out INFO about the polyies and verts but hopefully some one that use Max can step in here and help a bit. With it opened in Deep Exploration I see it has 39.667 faces, This is the number of little squares you have ( Exmp1 ) x2 with a line drawn in-between one corner to another corner. ( Exmp 2 and 3 ) it really show up on the bottom of the wing. The conversion process to RF will make a Triangle out of any square so it sill double your count.

Can some one post a pic of a Wire frame ( mesh ) of a similar style plane in RF for an example of a Nice Med Q model that is usable by RF.

Inky Do you have a pic of your f-35 Mesh it is close to this shape you can post.

There still a lot of thing you can do to cut down the poly's on this one. The tires are 2 part each, the in isde of them and the part of the rim will not been seen and are wasted polys The place in the cockpit behind the seat is all wasted polys. The landing gear bars are segmented in to aera again wasting polys. A lot of this is your program trying to make the smoothest part possible but wasting polys in the mean time.

I would really like to see this flying in RF
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YF31-01.JPG (117.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg YF31-02.JPG (85.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 08-19-2009, 12:08 AM

Menu command File/Summary Info brings up the attached screen. The poly count used by RealFlight is called Faces in Max.

The images are from my P2 Neptune and represent about as close to the max number of polys as is possible.

Note: the collision meshes and prop disks are hidden in the screenshot to provide less distraction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (227.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (246.2 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by dhk79; 08-19-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:

Inky Do you have a pic of your f-35 Mesh it is close to this shape you can post.
I hope these pics will show what you want.As regards the Poly Counter it can be found in the utilities panel.Check out pics 3 and 4 for detailed info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled1.jpg (166.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled2.jpg (192.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled3.jpg (168.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled4.jpg (183.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled5.jpg (172.9 KB, 17 views)
PSU - Corsair HX1000i
CPU - Intel i7-5820K @ 3.3Ghz
CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 AIO Liquid Cooler
RAM - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3466Mhz)
GPU - Gigabyte Geforce GTX980ti G1 Gaming 6Gb GDDR5
SSD - Samsung Evo850 500Gb & OCZ Agility3 240Gb
HDD - Samsung Spinpoint 1Tb
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2Tb x 2
OS - Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)
CASE LIGHTS - NZXT Hue LED controller
Old 08-19-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky00
I hope these pics will show what you want.As regards the Poly Counter it can be found in the utilities panel.Check out pics 3 and 4 for detailed info.
Inky Max 9 does'nt have that. Well mine does'nt anyway. I have a poly counter in my Perspective viewport thats it, and it tells me 19, etc poly , if that number is doubled for RF then good thing I have an earlier save. That older save is at 7k poly and I have to add Gear and gear doors. I'll get working on it Terry. Thanks guys.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 PM

Summary Info should still be available.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:14 PM

File->file properties. Then there should be a tab that should tell you. That is usually how I check in Max9
Old 08-19-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsonman
File->file properties. Then there should be a tab that should tell you. That is usually how I check in Max9
I found it Thank you.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:20 PM

I just finished reducing the polygon count from the file I sent Terry. Thankfully the fighter is still as pretty as it was before.

Thanks for your help

Troy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new pic per 1.jpg (98.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 08-19-2009, 09:27 PM

Thanks guys

Thanks guy for helping him out on that. I guess I really need to take the time to teach me self Max. Just been to bizzzzzy with other life things and trying to teach my self CATIA. Hope to one day get some more lazer cut kit parts for the Pilot Decathlon I have

I got Half of one rib finished so Far hehehe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RIB-F08.JPG (90.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks guy for helping him out on that. I guess I really need to take the time to teach me self Max. Just been to bizzzzzy with other life things and trying to teach my self CATIA. Hope to one day get some more lazer cut kit parts for the Pilot Decathlon I have

I got Half of one rib finished so Far hehehe
I 'd like to get that program But Cant afford it
Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM

ok it is in work

Ok this one size in polys is just right.

I'll work a few hour each day and hope I have a ruff one flying RF in a few days and them we can get the Physics Freaks can play with it for a while while I map it. I have to fix a few problems your Rim and tire combo waste polies and they are not aligned up right ( The Importing in to wing might of messed that up ) so they would wobble in RF. I Remade them all one pieces but they look the same. There a lot of little thing that need fixed, Nothing that will stop it from going in to RF but will mess me up half way through mapping so I'm gonna fix them now. How Big is this RC going to be. As you made it. It will be about 403 inch wing span, let me know how big of WS you want..

Last edited by Junkboy999; 08-20-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Ok this one size in polys is just right.

I'll work a few hour each day and hope I have a ruff one flying RF in a few days and them we can get the Physics Freaks can play with it for a while while I map it. I have to fix a few problems your Rim and tire combo waste polies and they are not aligned up right ( The Importing in to wing might of messed that up ) so they would wobble in RF. I Remade them all one pieces but they look the same. There a lot of little thing that need fixed, Nothing that will stop it from going in to RF but will mess me up half way through mapping so I'm gonna fix them now. How Big is this RC going to be. As you made it. It will be about 403 inch wing span, let me know how big of WS you want..
Well The Real f-22 is about 65 foot long so id say go off of 65 ft length and scale it down to 1/6 that should be good. Atleast 52 inch wingspan. Also Terry make sure the cannards work in tandem with the elevators like the su 47 burket.

Thank a bunch Terry

Last edited by troym; 08-20-2009 at 05:07 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: