Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 02-13-2016, 02:14 AM

OculusVR support?

Have OculusVR support so it can be part of the OculusVR/HTC Vive/OpenVR launch title?

Because drone racing will become huge in a year or so on ESPN people will want more than just drones. It's like a gateway drug. People will want RC models. It's quite satisfying and others have said it's like they took drugs. It matures and sharpens the mind.

I hope RealFlight does it first before the other RC sims because it's probably the best one. I haven't used the others but according to some videos the graphics and physics are kind of bad. They will take over if they release first. Have Realflight release first and have the update for free?
Old 02-13-2016, 12:40 PM

RF does not support true VR head sets. But it does have head tracking, as seen in location in the picture below. I have never tried it and don't know much about it. It has been discussed before try searching the forums for: "head tracking", "TrackIR", etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg head tracking in rf.jpg (46.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-14-2016, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
RF does not support true VR head sets. But it does have head tracking, as seen in location in the picture below. I have never tried it and don't know much about it. It has been discussed before try searching the forums for: "head tracking", "TrackIR", etc.
Please use OculusVR and develop native support for it. It's far superior than TrackIR.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:07 PM

Please note, this is a user to user forum... if you would like to get the attention of the developers, you will have to go through technical support... look at the gray bar at the top of each thread's web page.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:01 PM

This thread doesn't belong in the Designers Forum. It belongs in the Realflight 7 forum.

Knife Edge is aware of the Oculus as shown here.

Kind of silly to support a device that hasn't shipped to the customers though and isn't expected to ship until next month. Realflight 7.5 will not support the device, however Future versions of Realflight may If there is enough Demand for it.

Last edited by csgill75; 02-14-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:19 PM

I'm planning on getting one of the half-dozen VR headsets that will be mature products by the end of this summer (Rift, Vive, OSVR, Cmoar, etc.) https://www.vrcompanies.com. Add in the huge installed base of "Google Cardboard" headsets and you have a good reason for Knife Edge to get with the program. If they start developing now, they will be perfectly positioned for the VR growth that will happen in the Fall of 2016. I recommend they get an OSVR developers kit ($300) so that they aren't behind the 8-ball of what will surely be a major evolution in Flight Simulators. [see Flyinside for FSX).
Old 02-22-2016, 11:50 PM

Nvidia already natively supports 3D Stereoscopic rendering in their hardware and drivers.

The VR headsets merely need to support that, and they have instant 3D from a huge library of programs and games that already work fine with Stereoscopic 3D.

In effect all the work has already been done with almost nothing needing to be done on the part of the program developers.

Head tracking is the only somewhat minor missing piece.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:55 AM

Royp... you are talking to other users of the product. Occasionally KE employee will pop in to crush an argument. If you are serious, you should direct your comments to them through the "Technical Support" link at the top of each page.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: