Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G3 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 4.53 average. Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrank
I thought the great pplace had made one a few months ago. Did you ever finish that one?
Ha that's funny actually I saw his post and looked back at my Wings3D file. That was actually the second airplane I ever attempted to model (it was even before the "buzz bomb" which was my first plane that made it to the swaps)

As far as the status of my Jenny: It was very basic (never intended to be used for G3.5) so I didn't model any of the control surfaces even.

It's really a basic model (if I didn't get crazy and overboard like I usually do) I could probably improve a few things on it and try to get it into the sim?

I'll post another screen shot of it here.

I would need to re-do the h-stab, elevators, v-stab, rudder, wing struts and cockpit openings if I were to go any further with it. (They are pretty rough "in person")
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jenny1.jpg (53.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Jenny2.jpg (47.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by pplace; 12-03-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
it's not the type of plane that I'm into, but I've been noticing a lot of planes for racing purpose being modeled by people lately and I had found the 3 views of an early Hughes plane called the Hughes H-1. I'll post the 3 views and if anybody wants, have fun. nothing I'd ever do
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hughes_h1_3v.jpg (97.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 PM

Cowboy I made that one a long time ago.....wasn't my best work but it's still fun to fly!

Plus there is one on the new EP4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg H-1racer.jpg (180.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-03-2007, 09:45 PM

is it on swaps? only reason I posted was I've never seen it on swaps or anything...ooops
Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 PM

Yes it's on the swaps.....I actually wanted to delete it a couple months back. Because I did plan on re-doing it and improving it.

But there was an AV so I couldn't delete my file
Old 12-03-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplace
(They are pretty rough "in person")
Funny how we're our own worst critics the further we go along.
I look back at the stuff I used to make (too embarrased to show) , it's a great indicator of progress along the way.

Keep up the great work pplace.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrank
Funny how we're our own worst critics the further we go along.
I look back at the stuff I used to make (too embarrassed to show) , it's a great indicator of progress along the way.

Keep up the great work pplace.

Exactly phrank.....I couldn't have said it better myself.

All of my early models now I wish I could re-do better. (But figure my time is better spent creating something that hasn't been done yet) I have learned tips, shortcuts, tricks etc. to improve the process.....thus the end result.

I am just glad we all look back and are "embarrassed" of our early work. If we didn't learn and improve wouldn't we just be wasting our time then?!?!

For example my B-24 (which I enjoy to use now and again) is very basic...from the model down to the CS. but it's actually the most downloaded model I have shared. (I think that is due to the oddness of the actual aircraft)

Each model I create now I try and "out-do" the last one I just created. For nobody but just to test and push myself. (I don't know a single modeler on here who doesn't by the looks of it!!)
Old 12-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to mydartswinger Send a message via MSN to mydartswinger Send a message via Yahoo to mydartswinger
Plane Request

Has anyone ever made an E-Flite Ascent Glider? If not I would kinda like to see one. I bought one while on my mid-tour leave from Afghanistan and had to leave it behind, so it would be cool to have one on the sim. Thanks a bunch.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:31 PM

T-33 Red Knight

How about the T-33 Red Knight, is this possible, I'm only asking because I don't really know how it works to design a plane on here but I did see that someone was able to make the Pond Racer which I thought was pretty cool.

Regards, Darin
Old 12-07-2007, 02:35 PM

Well daring, I'm not sure when it's going to be done, but I rescently started modeling a T-33 anyways, so making the red knight would simply be a colorscheme for it. I'll try getting back to work on it soon. Working on the Mister Mulligan right now and then would like to get the kingfisher done. I'll get back to the T-33 after those 2 are done
Old 12-07-2007, 11:07 PM

thanks to all you awsome creators

first off, there is a ton of talent shown in the aircraft section and I have been having a blast with several of the more exoctic airframes . Thanks folks for all of your hard work . Now to what I would love to see , or find incase I just missed em some how, is an actual airwolf. IE not a bell 222 repaint , but something like the century 450 size airwolf body , something that includes the lower jet intakes , the "wide body " side panels and perhaps the rocket pods and guns.
I am good with gimp, and just starting with blender, so maybe I will give it a shot my self but it seems it would be a fairly simple project to just add the paste on bits to a stock bell 222 to give it a real airwolf look . also are there H-1 cobras or ah-64 apaches on the site some place ? if so I have missed them so far . basicly I would love to see more scale or semi scale heli gunships. and thanks again for all the awsome models
Old 12-07-2007, 11:28 PM

What I would like to see is the adfx-01 from ace combat zero!
Here are more pics than you could imagine:adfx-01 morgan
Thanks!
Old 12-09-2007, 06:53 PM

Hangar-9 35% Extra 260
Old 12-12-2007, 05:11 PM

GWS Pico J3 with the ISB motor.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:55 PM

Hangar 9 Tango

I'd still like to see a Hangar 9 Tango. The airframe on that model certainly qualifies as "unique". Is anybody up to it?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: