Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 06-01-2019, 01:51 AM

Question Dual monitors

Did some searching but found only old posts.

Is it possible to use dual monitors in full screen mode? I can use dual monitors by dragging the RF screen to the second monitor but the issue is the AV model stays in the middle of the two screens and its usually right between the two monitors so you can't really see it well.

Is there some setting or something I could use to take advantage of multiple monitors?

Thanks
Old 06-01-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by af88 View Post
Did some searching but found only old posts.

Is it possible to use dual monitors in full screen mode? I can use dual monitors by dragging the RF screen to the second monitor but the issue is the AV model stays in the middle of the two screens and its usually right between the two monitors so you can't really see it well.

Is there some setting or something I could use to take advantage of multiple monitors?

Thanks
a third monitor...odd monitor widths work better than even widths. other than that a single 32:9 ultrawide.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
a third monitor...odd monitor widths work better than even widths. other than that a single 32:9 ultrawide.
Do you have a 32:9 ultrawide and what does it look like on it, a screen shot maybe.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Do you have a 32:9 ultrawide and what does it look like on it, a screen shot maybe.
No I don't have one but I have considered getting one to go with a newer graphics card.

[edit] although I have seen a three monitor setup before which looked pretty cool
Old 06-01-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
I assume it would look similar to this. the top bar would be a little different proportion of the screen. as I am scaleing the window to 1920:600 on my 1920:1200 monitor

Attached Images
File Type: jpg realflight at 32-by-9.jpg (105.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 06-01-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I assume it would look similar to this. the top bar would be a little different proportion of the screen. as I am scaleing the window to 1920:600 on my 1920:1200 monitor
Thanks. A wider monitor would be kind of cool but the problem with them is you have a wide but thin monitor so what you're flying looks smaller. Unless you have a larger monitor to offset the difference.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:49 PM

thanks, i don't think my graphics card supports 3 monitors, ill just stick with the single monitor running 4k.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by af88 View Post
thanks, i don't think my graphics card supports 3 monitors, ill just stick with the single monitor running 4k.
What graphics do you have?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: