Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:39 AM

Cool RealFlight8 registry errors

I purchased RealFlight 8 Horizon Hobby Edition on STEAM about 3 days ago and I have not been able to run it. I get a couple errors when I boot it within STEAM, and of course it goes no further.

KEError 21017 registry key load operation failed.
Key:software\microsoft\windows\ current version\App
Paths\RealFlight8 Pro.exe
Value: program to launch

KEError 75912: unexpected activation result: 4,
Application will now exit

I have shut down my Windows Defender program uninstalled RealFlight sand 8 and reinstalled it with the same results. I do not believe that it is even installing correct as a result.
I have read through some steams comments on their support page but nothing works. I have look into the registry.. and do not see anything (keys or otherwise) listed where they should be in the registry for RealFlight8?
Any one experience these particular errors?
Old 06-13-2019, 08:18 AM

I don't have the Steam version of RF8 (I have the download version from Tower). Maybe try to contact RealFlight support (see top right of this forum = contact) and see if they can help you.

Alternatively you might want to consider applying for a refund from Steam and buy the DVD version from Tower or Horizon Hobbies. If you do not already have an Interlink controller it would be a good idea to buy one with a combo deal imho.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:17 AM

Thabks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: