Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 9 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 12-02-2019, 11:21 AM

It looks great I love being able to see the engine inside the cowl, very nice detail.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
looking excellent nice progress
Old Yesterday, 04:50 AM

Started texturing. The number will be changed for release.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg texture.jpg (82.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg texture2.jpg (79.5 KB, 17 views)
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
Started texturing. The number will be changed for release.
Donamy..That looks FANTASTIC !!! I`ve got a couple of questions for you...#1,..In post #56, (pic. on rt.) I see a "step" on the bottom rear of the fuse, will that be addressed ???..I`m not sure what i`m seeing there.....#2 Can you add the two antennae on top of the fuse ??? ....(see post #37)
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM

That is actually where the whole tail boom, is separate from the fuselage. It is how the plane does elevator trim. The "step" is there when the trim is full up and the gap is on top( between the VStab and tail fin) when full down.

The antanna will be added.
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM

Thanks for adding the antennae... YA KNOW,..that "trim" idea Moonie has is a great idea, who would have thunk...I certainly was unaware of it, to bad it didn`t catch on...LOL... In all seriousness, I love the plane, you`ve done a GREAT JOB !! I can`t wait to see the first pics. of it in RF, and better yet, to have it in RF for my son, he`s going to love it!!.Thanks a million. OH, and the 4096 X 4096 res. for the CS works great, it really "cleans up" the finer details in a CS
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM

On a side note, regarding the CS, I`ve use GIMP in the past, (not sure if it makes a difference which program you use) BUT, I have found that using a "brush" instead of a "pen or pencil" on diagonal lines works best, you`ll notice very prominent "steps" as the line jumps from one line of pixels to another using pen or pencil, where as a brush tends to try and fill in that step with a "fade" from one line of pixels to another, give it a shot, if you haven`t already....
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Hi Donamy.. I`ve got one more favor too ask, and then I`ll won`t ask anymore, (I hope), could you please add the exhaust pipe. If you refer back to post #37 again, you`ll see it right next to the front gear, I found a couple of pics. that shows it better. I don`t recall what the "cowl flap" directly in front of it is, but I think that`s what my son referred to it as, if you want to model that as well ....well,I`ll leave that up to you, it does open and close, so you can do it in either position if you wish. thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot485.jpg (17.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot486.jpg (28.9 KB, 7 views)
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM

Definitely was going to do the exhaust pipe, and the cowls will open and close.
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM

WOW ..!!! Donamy, I can`t thank you enough for the job and detail you`re putting into this plane..I gotta ask though, when you say cowls, are there more than one...???..I can only see/am aware of...only the one on the RT. side. (with what searching I`ve done) I think there may have been an additional one on the left side on later models, really not sure though ..?????
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM

There's definitely two. The right one is usually dirtier than the left because of the exhaust pipe.
Old Today, 12:16 AM

Now that I think about it. If you could find out what your son's plane has for sure, would be helpful. The '64 Mooney engine cowl assembly, for sale on e-bay, shows 2 cowl flaps. But if your son's plane has had any mods done to it that might not be the case, so.
Old Today, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
Now that I think about it. If you could find out what your son's plane has for sure, would be helpful. The '64 Mooney engine cowl assembly, for sale on e-bay, shows 2 cowl flaps. But if your son's plane has had any mods done to it that might not be the case, so.
HA HA, as you were typing/texting that to me, I was doing just the same to my son, asking him that very question, I know there`s been mods. to plane, avionics, windscreen some others perhaps??? We haven`t really had a chance to talk about everything about the plane...anyway, I asked him about it (I hope in a way,..as to not let the cat out of the bag ) He`s at work, so maybe he`ll get a break, so he can give me a quick answer/reply tonight ???? fingers crossed..
Old Today, 01:56 AM

OK Donamy, got some answers for ya, as well as pics. of his plane that he just sent tonight,.. Yes, there are two flaps...PIC.#1..You`ve seen, only it`s closer/better...PIC.#2 shows the left side cowl flap, ...albeit barely open, but you can definitely make it out, SO, I guess , make of it what you can...A couple of other things too make note of,..When he was over here at Thanksgiving, I did ask him about the right side flap, ..he said it was "notched" around the exhaust pipe,..(think, half moon, I guess ?) at about the middle most rear edge of the flap door, I think you can see that in the pic. of the green Moonie above,.. AND,...the left side, has "NO" exhaust pipe. hope this all helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot493.jpg (10.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot499.jpg (13.8 KB, 3 views)
Old Today, 04:28 AM

Already got the notch in the cowl flap covered.

Haven't done any panel lines yet. Those will be a PIA. Then more interior work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pipe.jpg (72.4 KB, 4 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: