Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:34 PM

Stating one for the record.

You should have finished and properly supported RFX.
Not what you did and left everyone hanging on a promise.
That's all I have to say.
You lose!

Good Day Sir.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8LBV View Post
You should have finished and properly supported RFX.
Not what you did and left everyone hanging on a promise.
That's all I have to say.
You lose!

Good Day Sir.
if all of the people who are demand rf-x development kindly forword your share of the money they lost on the development which I assume exceded 500,000 dollars possible as high as a million dollars or more. So if you could forward your share of the of the cost of the five or so people who are complaining to Knifeedge software. other wise compainys have no reason to develop there uder preformaing product if they are hemeraging money.

So sit down, stop typing your negativity, and take what they give you or leave for some other company.

Good Day Sir
Old 09-05-2019, 08:26 AM

No post from a person who trolls the knife edge forum is ever going to be taken seriously. It's entertaining to me to see these posts as they are always good for a laugh.

RF-X was and in my opinion still the best simulator knife edge ever created, especially with the 1.5 beta. It was a little ahead of its time and technology had to catch up to it which is why it had a low adoption rate. It's cancelation of further development sucks but I got over it and moved on to RF9. Was it the right move? Probably. There is no real competition for a all around RC flight simulator anymore as Phoenix does not really exist anymore and other simulators are not as inclusive or as good at physics as realflight. At the end of the day RF9 is still going to be the sim everyone goes to because it doesn't require a large expensive computer to run, it can be portable on an inexpensive laptop and it does most things better than the competition and other things almost as good.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:17 AM

Some club members have RF-X, so I can understand the frustration.

BUT, (please) at some point we need to accept reality; it is impossible to change reality, reality being that RF-X is finished.

No point in beating a dead horse, he ain't gonna come back to life. Time to move on...(please)
Old 09-05-2019, 02:54 PM

Not necessarily. Look at Microsoft Flightsim. It was abandoned, then sold to another company, then brought back, and other sims also. The software doesn't disappear.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
No post from a person who trolls the knife edge forum is ever going to be taken seriously. It's entertaining to me to see these posts as they are always good for a laugh.

RF-X was and in my opinion still the best simulator knife edge ever created, especially with the 1.5 beta. It was a little ahead of its time and technology had to catch up to it which is why it had a low adoption rate. It's cancellation of further development sucks but I got over it and moved on to RF9. Was it the right move? Probably. There is no real competition for a all around RC flight simulator anymore as Phoenix does not really exist anymore and other simulators are not as inclusive or as good at physics as realflight. At the end of the day RF9 is still going to be the sim everyone goes to because it doesn't require a large expensive computer to run, it can be portable on an inexpensive laptop and it does most things better than the competition and other things almost as good.
Yep well definition of a troll:

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying ..."

I think people annoyed at Knifedge are not trolls by definition as anyone that is pissed off with Knifeedge for making claims about the greatest rc sim ever only to pay 200 bucks to find the claims were hyperbole and the controller was trashy.

If Knifeedge want it to go away for some of us tell us why you delivered a half finished product at full price, refused to tell us why it went dead then the final insult move it to a legacy product line without explanation.

The people I don't take seriously are the ones that are Knifeedge fanbois that simply make up reasons without having a bloody clue why we were ripped off.

I bought RF8 and RF9 and ordered a DX so yes I have moved on but I still feel ripped off and disappointed as Rf8 and RF9 while full featured, does not make the cut against graphics and physics like RFX.

I like many others would like an open explanation from Knifedge as to me it seems they knew this was a diaster from before it was released and they released a half finished sim to try and claw back as much of the diaster they could and share it with us loyal lifetime supporters of Knifeedge. It was dishonest and ****ty and ripped us off.

These comments are not trolling its my feelings and personal opinion and I am not doing it to sow discord I am just asking for somebody from Knifedge to explain why they dropped such a great piece of software?

Can people sell a sim for 300 bucks ? Yes they can as I have Rc8 from Aerofly which works like a dream in VR and looks bloody fantastic. Is the physics as good as realflight...probably not but RFX had it all. That's the sad part about it, RFX was awesome but needed some refinement and a full featured package like RF9.

Last edited by Bellah1z; 09-06-2019 at 04:39 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray10 View Post
Some club members have RF-X, so I can understand the frustration.

BUT, (please) at some point we need to accept reality; it is impossible to change reality, reality being that RF-X is finished.

No point in beating a dead horse, he ain't gonna come back to life. Time to move on...(please)
MSFS did as did Falcon to name a few....
Old 09-10-2019, 11:23 AM

I believe Horizon Hobby owns or controls Kniife Edge, after they acquired Great Planes in a bankruptcy auction. HH also owns or controls a number of other former competitors, and I believe it went from employee-owned to a private group. Accurate info is hard to come by since they are private...First Busey Corporation directors may be involved as private investors.

Joe Ambrose, the company honcho, died suddenly on Jan 4 this year and exactly who calls the shots now is unknown. There are heads of various divisions, but Ambrose's successor is unknown.

At any rate, Horizon Hobby must have pulled the X plug, perhaps Ambrose did that. Horizon Hobby could bring X back, but what could they then do with RF9?
Old 09-10-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray10 View Post
I believe Horizon Hobby owns or controls Kniife Edge, after they acquired Great Planes in a bankruptcy auction. HH also owns or controls a number of other former competitors, and I believe it went from employee-owned to a private group. Accurate info is hard to come by since they are private...First Busey Corporation directors may be involved as private investors.

Joe Ambrose, the company honcho, died suddenly on Jan 4 this year and exactly who calls the shots now is unknown. There are heads of various divisions, but Ambrose's successor is unknown.

At any rate, Horizon Hobby must have pulled the X plug, perhaps Ambrose did that. Horizon Hobby could bring X back, but what could they then do with RF9?
You very well could be right but I don’t know why this company can’t explain their actions on burning long term customers and end the speculation.

Rf9 is an inferior product to RFX in every aspect except it is full functioned with a breadth of online multiplayer and integrated model tuning and creating. I really miss the graphics and potential for VR.

Other than the new interlink DX and a HH model pack I am struggling to
see any upgrade in Rf9 from RF8 and all it has done is further fragmented the multiplayer rooms yet again ...

Last edited by Bellah1z; 09-10-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:30 AM

Maybe wait until you actually get your new InterLink DX controller. You may be surprised how well it works with RF9.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellah1z View Post
Other than the new interlink DX and a HH model pack I am struggling to
see any upgrade in Rf9 from RF8 and all it has done is further fragmented the multiplayer rooms yet again ...
I don't know. RF8 came out BEFORE Realflight got with the times and switched to digital download/install with Steam. this means many more players are coming. As of today there were only 3 lobbies open. that's low compared to the average of 5 from rf6 - rf7. so we'll see. I know a bunch of my Simpleplanes/Simplerockets 2 fam is coming. They've been dieing for a multiplayer, as they only GET 2 rooms.

I predict this is the last Realflight on Dirextx 9. The next one might be Realflight-X. I think they put it on hold.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brields View Post
I predict this is the last Realflight on Dirextx 9. The next one might be Realflight-X. I think they put it on hold.
I sure hope you're right I'd love to see RealFlight looking better than it does, that was the cool part of RF-X. But like others have said, the graphics cards are plenty fast for it now but they're still fairly expensive and tons of people use low cost laptops that doesn't have the power for really good graphics. It's a real gotcha problem.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:45 AM

I think that the solution in the near future is for KE to include 2x versions. One basic 32bit for lower end pc's and a more advanced 64bit one for higher end pc's. Hopefully this would be included in the same package and the user would just need to select one of these during installation.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I think that the solution in the near future is for KE to include 2x versions. One basic 32bit for lower end pc's and a more advanced 64bit one for higher end pc's. Hopefully this would be included in the same package and the user would just need to select one of these during installation.
Maybe but I doubt it. That would double the cost of development with no real guarantee of a buyer.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:29 PM

Already lots of software out there that offers win10 32bit and 64bit versions for same cost. Anyway, who knows what those sneaky KE are up to development-wise, lol!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: