Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 6 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 03:55 AM

Check out his other models
this is not the first detailed model hes done
check out the B-1b or B-58 Hustler the Gripen and others
Old 05-13-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj. Numbskully View Post
Check out his other models
this is not the first detailed model hes done
check out the B-1b or B-58 Hustler the Gripen and others
I agree, his models are real nice.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:43 AM

I also made such greats as:

The flying anvil
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16085

The lowest poly RC plane for RF:
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=14130

Super Awesome RC Jet:
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16086 <--The pirate boat steering wheel is the icing on the cake.

and best yet
The Rutan ARES 151 which is next to impossible to lift off the runway.
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=14084

Don't let physical inactivity take away your health. It's a hard lesson for those of us with desk jobs, but also for those that work at home from a PC as a second source of income. I'm lucky to still be alive.

Last edited by mwilson914; 05-13-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mikeymike21
It looks great
Old 05-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj. Numbskully View Post
Ryan aren't you guys in the same boat with
max2015 exporter?
and
max2012 exporter?
As far as the exporter, yes. Whenever we update KEmax for ourselves, we try to release a public version at the same time.

As far as Max, I'm actually not sure about the details of our license. If that's how they all work, then yes, we'll be in the same situation here when we want to update to the latest. (We don't see any features that make us want to jump on 2015 at the moment.) We're currently working in 2014 then loading things in 2012 for export.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas View Post
As far as the exporter, yes. Whenever we update KEmax for ourselves, we try to release a public version at the same time.

As far as Max, I'm actually not sure about the details of our license. If that's how they all work, then yes, we'll be in the same situation here when we want to update to the latest. (We don't see any features that make us want to jump on 2015 at the moment.) We're currently working in 2014 then loading things in 2012 for export.
I've been trying to do some more research into this. I know when I first started my Max subscription, these were the terms of my individual license. When reading up on it again, I'm having troubles finding the exact wording regarding the latest 3 versions of Max restriction. I know there have been some subtle changes after the price increases, especially this last time, with the contracts. I'm not 100% sure anymore I'm bound to the restriction while being an active subscription customer.

If I find out anything different which let's us have more than the 3 latest versions of Max installed, I'll post it here. I'm also thinking of contacting Ideate which is still my official retailer of my Autodesk subscription. They might be able to clarify this with me better than finding what I need from the subscription center.

Don't let physical inactivity take away your health. It's a hard lesson for those of us with desk jobs, but also for those that work at home from a PC as a second source of income. I'm lucky to still be alive.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:43 PM

Just about done with the pilot controls. I'm probably going to modify the main control stick because it looks like the first control stick installed in the F-16. It is in the lower right. The selected object is the throttle control which is very loosely accurate. Basically it is accurate enough to slightly resemble the throttle control of the F-16. It doesn't have a couple buttons and it definitely isn't precise, but I need to move onto other things and this looks good enough for an RC model.

*EDIT
I just posted a schematic view along with the control view just to show this project is almost done as a whole. I'll be mapping this thing soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5-25-2014_01jpg.jpg (425.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 5-25-2014_02jpg.jpg (328.0 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by mwilson914; 05-25-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:55 PM

How long would you estimate that it would take you to map this jet?
Old 05-27-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
How long would you estimate that it would take you to map this jet?
I'm not 100% sure. I literally just started mapping it though--finally. Hopefully I'll have it done this week or the weekend. I also need to finalize all the pivots and NUP values. All in all, this project is close to being done.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:59 PM

Thumbs up

Excellent work Matt!
Old 05-28-2014, 12:41 PM

It just takes me forever to map something..I was just wondering generally (rough estimate)... many hours or do you do it in? an hour? thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilson914 View Post
I'm not 100% sure. I literally just started mapping it though--finally. Hopefully I'll have it done this week or the weekend. I also need to finalize all the pivots and NUP values. All in all, this project is close to being done.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 05-28-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
It just takes me forever to map something..I was just wondering generally (rough estimate)... many hours or do you do it in? an hour? thanks..
With this model, it will take me many hours. I find the older version of Max was easier to map in as well. I just got myself into a slump and I haven't used Max as much as I should over the past year and a half. I am stumbling a lot with my layout and I am not gracefully flowing through this part.

So to reiterate, it will take me many hours. Many.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:34 AM

Yep, I haven't got another second free to work on this. I was hoping to get something done over the weekend, but no free time whatsoever. Disappointing, yet life moves on.

I'll hopefully get something done this week till Friday, but this coming weekend I'll be off on an adventure in the forest. Target shooting and survival skills practice. Hoping conditions will be just right for primitive fire making--I'm pretty excited already yet dreading my non-callused hands going through the hell of making a fire by rubbing sticks.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:36 AM

Wear laced boots so you can take a boot lace and make a bow. Then you'll just need a good knife and rock.,.......and maybe a little luck.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
Wear laced boots so you can take a boot lace and make a bow. Then you'll just need a good knife and rock.,.......and maybe a little luck.
I will just be practicing making fire this time as it isn't a dedicated survival training adventure. I just like to practice making primitive fires when I'm out in the woods. I may end up forgetting about the whole survival stuff completely depending on how much alcohol intakes happens with the other guys.

I am guessing you were referring to a fire bow too. That is the easiest way I have made primitive fires before.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: