Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 04-08-2018, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadracer View Post
So this may or may not be related, but my GPU is shutting down my PC while running RFX. While running the program for 10-15 minutes my GTX1070 overheats and kills all video output. This is a brand new gaming system (HP Omen) and RFX is the only program I have installed on the computer.
remove the rear GPU plate to allow better airflow out the rear of the Blower GPU. but you may need to find a way to secure the card. also try new thermal paste.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellah1z View Post
Wow magnificent update ✅✅✅✅✅

This is a massive upgrade.

Just a small upgrade bug as after the install it was saying I needed dx11 when I already have dx12.

I decided to restart after the installation the whole computer and RFX then ran flawlessly.

I run a windows 10 64 with 32g ram, an i7. 6700k overclocked to 4.7 ghz and a gtx 1080 TI extreme edition and 1 tb m2 ssd.

All options on and maxed out and I the graphics are so fluid I didnít even check the FPS yet as there was no point !
Well I would like to know your FPS. yes of course there is a point to some of us.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobma View Post
remove the rear GPU plate to allow better airflow out the rear of the Blower GPU. but you may need to find a way to secure the card. also try new thermal paste.
I checked out what his pc is, the hp omen is a laptop.... So that probably won't work....he will need to ensure he has good air flow under the laptop and no blocked vents. It may end up with a call to HP.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
I checked out what his pc is, the hp omen is a laptop.... So that probably won't work....he will need to ensure he has good air flow under the laptop and no blocked vents. It may end up with a call to HP.
no wonder! a laptop for gaming is a no no in my book unless you absolutely need the portability.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:35 AM

get after burner program then you can manually set your fan to run faster when your running RF-X. my 1080TI gets pretty hot too, but when i speed the fan up its fine
Old 04-08-2018, 05:45 PM

Testing
I'm having issues posting.

My system is not a laptop, it's a gaming tower.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05577988

No other use of the PC is causing issues.

Last edited by Roadracer; 04-08-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Testing
I'm having issues posting.

My system is not a laptop, it's a gaming tower.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05577988

No other use of the PC is causing issues.
I just watched a video on YouTube where a guy opened up the case on your system and the CPU has a small stock style fan and the 1070 looks to be a founders edition. Here's a link to it, it's not much but at least I got a shot of the inside of the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMGcqpEQ5KA

Your PC is kind of what I thought an HP gaming tower would be, nothing like a person would build it looks to be a bit challenged in the heat dissipation area so I can see where RF-X might be a problem for it. I'm a retired engineer who's builds all his systems and I use much higher quality parts to take the heat better. I guess here's what I'd say. RF-X is NOT the worst load on a system but it IS a Very Heavy load, but not the highest and if RF-X is causing your system to run too hot it's really a problem with your system not being able to handle heavy loads. RF-X does work a system pretty hard so try running it with the case open and see if it works okay then. Report back after you try that and I'm sure several people here can offer some advice on how to cool it a bit better. One thing you can do is get MSI Afterburner and learn how to use it, it will report all your system info and you can control your GPU fan speed with it, that should help your system handle RF-X. So try running RF-X with the case open and report back what happens.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:43 PM

Thanks for the information. I'm new to all of this stuff. I'll spring the case open next time I run the sim. I knew the HP wasnt high grade, but there aren't many sub $1k gaming systems with 1070's and GPU prices are insane.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the information. I'm new to all of this stuff. I'll spring the case open next time I run the sim. I knew the HP wasnt high grade, but there aren't many sub $1k gaming systems with 1070's and GPU prices are insane.
Boy GPU prices are insane that's for sure. I hope a little more air will help your situation.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:12 AM

Thumbs up Will check FPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobma View Post
Well I would like to know your FPS. yes of course there is a point to some of us.
Ok Ill run a test but I just posted that I am running a Vive Pro in VR and it's flawless, it's that good.

I hate tracking FPS as once you get to a fluid screen it's pointless but I will do it for you!

I used Fraps and on the Hill Top Cruise Race I was 90 FPS with all sliders at max and running on a 4K Monitor at 4K at 100 Hz.

Last edited by Bellah1z; 04-26-2018 at 04:23 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:40 AM

Ryan where are you ? Will you ever finish the development of RFX? The hardware has caught up and it needs to be finished. Are you still with Knife-edge?
Old 03-17-2019, 02:18 PM

Luck

Lots of luck with that question...I doubt you will get an answer even with the luck of the Irish today!
Old 03-18-2019, 09:39 AM

I live in hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJaggers View Post
Lots of luck with that question...I doubt you will get an answer even with the luck of the Irish today!
I live in hope.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: