Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 11-11-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
The last update disabled multi threaded physics support. It can be re-enabled with a console command. When I get home later I'll update this post with the command that enables it, or list the available commands in the console and it will be easy to find.
Does it mean that with that command The SIM will use 4 CPU cores regardless what mode im running my PC.

Currently AMD gives the option to run it in a "Game mode" or "Creator mode". The problem is that you need to reboot when you switch modes. Need to close all windows and tabs etc.

Guess can't take a break from some work on the PC and fly the SIM from few min...
Old 11-11-2017, 10:34 PM

Open the Console, (ctrl+alt+~ key) type in the command "physics_threaded 2". Close console with ~ key and you will enable multi threaded operation of RF-X. It was disabled because of micro stuttering in some computer systems. change the 2 to a 0 to disable the command.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Open the Console, (ctrl+alt+~ key) type in the command "physics_threaded 2". Close console with ~ key and you will enable multi threaded operation of RF-X. It was disabled because of micro stuttering in some computer systems. change the 2 to a 0 to disable the command.
Tried that in "Creator mode" of AMD that uses all 16 cpu cores, but it still crashes.

RF-X will only run in "Game mode" that uses only 4 cores! Too bad we cant use the PC to the fullest.

The problem will occur also with The new Intel i9 CPU (12 and 18 core).

Is there any fix for that??

By the way, I have no problem running all the Unigine benchmarks programs in "Creator mode" with all 16 core enabled! RF-X uses the same game engine. Why the problem?
Old 11-12-2017, 12:48 PM

I have a Ryzen 1800 CPU. I'm able to use the game with all 16 of my cores enabled without it crashing, however, when playing all of my CPU's are parked except for the first 6. This is with the multi threaded physics enabled. I'm not sure how they are doing their multi-threading, but it doesn't seem to take advantage of having a large number of cores.

I guess what I'm saying is that even if the game didn't crash under Creator mode, it still wouldn't be any faster. Hopefully the next patch will significantly improve some of the inefficiencies of the current code. With an overclocked Ryzen 1800, 1080 Ti, and 16 GB RAM I still get stutters on a 1080p monitor.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarynth View Post
I have a Ryzen 1800 CPU. I'm able to use the game with all 16 of my cores enabled without it crashing, however, when playing all of my CPU's are parked except for the first 6. This is with the multi threaded physics enabled. I'm not sure how they are doing their multi-threading, but it doesn't seem to take advantage of having a large number of cores.

I guess what I'm saying is that even if the game didn't crash under Creator mode, it still wouldn't be any faster. Hopefully the next patch will significantly improve some of the inefficiencies of the current code. With an overclocked Ryzen 1800, 1080 Ti, and 16 GB RAM I still get stutters on a 1080p monitor.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800x is an 8 core NOT 16. I have the threadripper 1950x 16 core.

I have no problem to switch to a "Game mode". The problem that it requires a reboot of the PC. If I was working on the PC (multitasking) and want to take a few min break, you need to close all the application.

I also get stutters.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 001 View Post
AMD Ryzen 7 1800x is an 8 core NOT 16. I have the threadripper 1950x 16 core.

I have no problem to switch to a "Game mode". The problem that it requires a reboot of the PC. If I was working on the PC (multitasking) and want to take a few min break, you need to close all the application.

I also get stutters.
You are correct, the Ryzen 7 has 8 physical cores. I was referring to logical cores.

Last edited by Amarynth; 11-13-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:21 AM
Banned

I mean seriously, are we ever going to see another update for RF-X??
Old 11-23-2017, 08:24 AM

I mean seriously, are you that CRS? It is going to be by the end of the year. Look it up, KE has said nothing different. But of course you want to stir the pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdriver5150 View Post
Old 11-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
I mean seriously, are you that CRS? It is going to be by the end of the year. Look it up, KE has said nothing different. But of course you want to stir the pot.
Stirring the pot (insert evil laugh here)
Old 11-24-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdriver5150 View Post
Knife Edge has promised an update, so now we wait...

Among the many things that need to be addressed in RF-X, I do hope
KE redesigns the Menu. In its current rendition, having to back out of
the sim to find the menus is a PITA. I would much prefer the drop-down
menus like the ones used in RF-7.5 and RF-8.

And as a reminder, how about a built-in editor for aircraft and airfields,
not to mention multiplayer.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:48 PM

Nice comment Kaos.
Like you, I hope that it is possible to get an airport editor. KE has already said that they do not know if it will be possible due to licensing. I know that Bourke has said he is impressed. I have confidence we will be rewarded. Maybe not everything, but look what happened to RF8.

Another month and change. Drop in the bucket of time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: