Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G3
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

View Poll Results: Is the new 3.5 beta better than....
The old 3.5 8 40.00%
G3 1 5.00%
Both 9 45.00%
Neither 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:18 AM

New 3.5 Beta Impressions/Bugs

Guys I'm away for the next 4 days. Those of you that aren't busy with festivities, I hope will provide KE (and the rest of us) with feedback on the new beta.

How about we give them just one thread to look at this time?
Old 12-22-2006, 09:29 AM

Thumbs up Ye Ha!

I want to thank KE for all the hard work they put in these new things. They didn't even have to make G3.5 in the first place so I want to just thank them.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Banned

could some one explain what the beta is thanks
Old 12-22-2006, 11:44 AM

Beta is like a pre-release of the new vesion so we can tell them the bugs to fix before they release the final version. The new beta is way better than before. The main problem is that the elevator and rudder are still not effective enough in a hover. But that can be fixed in the aircraft editor.

Thanks KE for all the hard work
Old 12-22-2006, 12:24 PM

The last public beta became the final release version without changes and KE made clear that they were only interested if it crashed, not if we liked the features.
Then again, I won't complain, as this version fixes some important issues which is all I hoped for the Xmas patch.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Yousef
Guys I'm away for the next 4 days. Those of you that aren't busy with festivities, I hope will provide KE (and the rest of us) with feedback on the new beta.

How about we give them just one thread to look at this time?
Yeah like the one that KE created for it instead of this one.

Fangar
Old 12-22-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangar
Yeah like the one that KE created for it instead of this one.

Fangar
Sorry Fangar, I hadn't seen it when I created this one. In fact it either didn't exist yet or I simply hadn't refreshed the main discussion page as I open messages in a new tab on my browser.

I've gotta say people here are so ready and willing to jump down other people's throats, rate their stuff a 1 and just generally intimidate. People are just plain cranky. How does this do anything for the sim or the hobby?
Old 12-22-2006, 05:58 PM

The other one was made 15 hours before you made this one. How could you have not seen it? Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. And if they can't read through multiple threads there is something wrong with them.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I won't complain, as this version fixes some important issues which is all I hoped for the Xmas patch.
Absolutely, right on!

Quote:
The main problem is that the elevator and rudder are still not effective enough in a hover. But that can be fixed in the aircraft editor.
Yes, it is (still not effective as I'd like), and yes, I will!

Rudder/elevator effectiveness is a very personal thing. I like lots of authority in hover and torque-roll, with both rudder and elevator, and lots of torque so the airframe rotates faster than stock.

Personal preference...right or wrong? Don't know. It is right for me.

I like the crash physics better.

Good job, KE! Only problem with the update is, I won't be able to fly it enough to comment much about it, during the next week. Work and holiday duties will interfere.

Charles

http://photobucket.com/albums/v402/r1derbike

Click on sub albums at right sidebar.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelatio
The other one was made 15 hours before you made this one. How could you have not seen it? Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. And if they can't read through multiple threads there is something wrong with them.
I had a discussion board already open. I right click to open each new thread and hadn't refreshed the top level of the discussion board. I was also flat out packing for a trip and going to work. I'd ducked in quickly, seen the beta, seen no thread and decided I'd like to see a single one instead of a dozen. My mistake - quite genuine. I've said sorry, and I hope that's the end of it.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Thank you all for the feedback. And yes, we can read through multiple threads. That's why we created this separate forum for all the public beta feedback. In fact, if each new issue had its very own thread, that would make things much easier for us. Oh well, it's a little late for me to mention it now.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: