Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-2015, 09:31 PM

We just "officially" banned 72mHz.

The one or two affected members were in the process of switching over, and ended up getting freebie receivers from others to urge them to switch.

Along with that is a new "no drones allowed" policy... White House quadcopter idiots!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:58 AM

No Drones?

Exactly what does that mean? No multi-rotors? Every Plane and Helicopter is a Drone.

What are you trying to ban, autonomous flight?, FPV flight?
Old 01-28-2015, 02:40 PM

Daaamn! And I just got that Military targeting drone, for Christmas. Military surplus... just don't ask who's
Old 01-28-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
No Drones?

Exactly what does that mean? No multi-rotors? Every Plane and Helicopter is a Drone.

What are you trying to ban, autonomous flight?, FPV flight?
Yup, no "Drones" allowed!!! ( Male Bees ) . - Take that ABC, CNN, CBS & NBC news hounds looking for a sensationalistic story!

Quadcopters, helis, planes are all WELCOME provided that they are not flown in a "completely autonomous manner describing a complex flight path".

I think that is how we carefully worded things... so Quads with auto returns are fine, so are FPV ( provided line of sight control is maintained ), etc.

We get news people all the time trying to stir the controversy pot.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill721 View Post
I have an older Futaba FG Series controller ModelFPT7FG/K.

I have done the free upgrade to Real Flight 7.5.

I didn't originally purchase the trainer cable with the Real Flight controller, What do I need to be able to connect my older Futaba controller to my RF controller? My RF controller has a 6 pin port in the back to connect to, and my Futaba controller has round trainer port.

Is the proper interface setup software built into the 7.5 upgrade?

Thank you,
Bill
Hey Bill, After doing some research, The good news is, your radio does create a PPM signal.(required for RealFlight ) The Bad news is, RealFlight, does not offer the "5 pin DIN plug" adapter you need, to connect, your radio, to the 6ft link cable, to your InterLink Elite. It is possible to build the adapter cable, or modify your transmitter, for direct 3.5mm output.
Check your "private messages", for more details, I included some links, that should be helpful. Keep us updated
Bill: Can you verify, if the trainer port socket, on your radio, is a 5 pin, OR, 6 pin?

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 01-29-2015 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:14 PM

I think that this cord is the one that you need to plug into the Interlink...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBEK8&P=7
Old 01-29-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
I think that this cord is the one that you need to plug into the Interlink...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBEK8&P=7
Cant tell from the description, what the pinout, on that round plug is. Im guessing 6 pin!
Be careful, The FPT7FG/K AM, owners manual, appears to show, a "5 pin", DIN connector, trainer port. (NOT 6 PIN) The original buddy box, connector cord, part, was,
Futaba "M-TC"
Besides the number of pins, the locations, are different.(non McGyverable)

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 01-29-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:29 PM

Nothing is Non-McGwyverable! By definition, that is impossible...
I am holding one of the old 6 pin round connectors (it came w/Real Flight 4.5)... I don't know about his old transmitter (worth $1). I think this project has very limited value, and spending would be better on a new transmitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenoline 60 View Post
Besides the number of pins, the locations, are different.(non McGyverable)

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 01-29-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:11 PM

6 pin (round) RealFlight adapter FREE

If anyone, who owns RealFlight, needs the "6 pin" DIN addaptor ...contacting tech support, will get you one, absolutely FREE of charge. All you have to do is contact them.
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...7&postcount=25
Old 02-06-2015, 06:04 PM

Futaba AM NOT COMPATIBLE WITH REALFLIGHT

After doing some research. Findings show (old) Futaba "AM" radios are not compatible with RealFlight.(even though PPM is present in AM)(pin 1, PPM Out, outer ring, ground) The reasoning:
Contact with Futaba, Yielded the response; Thank you for contacting product support. Unfortunately, the pinouts, are proprietary information, that Futaba does not publish.
They did refer me to a Radio Repair shop, Who told me; regarding a Futaba FP-T7FG/K, AM transmitter, with round 5 pin (180 deg.) DIN trainer port.:
The big problem is that, this transmitter has 1.3 Ás neutral, which makes it unusable for any SIM, including RealFlight. He needs to find the FM version which is 1.5 Ás which is the standard for today, or better yet, just purchase a new radio.
Note: Ás = microsecond = millionths of a second = .000001 second
1.3 Ás, WAS the neutral setting, that the transmitters were configured for. Years ago, most manufacturers used their own designs and set the main neutral of the TX at whatever they liked. Today, all manufacturers us 1.5 Ás for this. All ESC's and electronics are designed around this, so this makes them compatible with all systems.
Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 03-21-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:06 PM

I am new to the forum and have read most all the comments above. Just want to say that I have a ttx650 and it works great with the wireless version of 7.5. There is a tech note on real flights web site that requires you to download an additional app that you run. You will need to download and run a new RealFlight Launcher that will successfully read the correct serial number from the wireless interface.

setup.exe - Download this file and save it to a location you can easily find.

Administrator access is required to run this setup.exe file. You may see the following User Account Control window appear asking for permission to run the file. Please click "Yes".I ran this and then picked the tactic advanced radio in realflight and then was able to calibrate it. Hope this helps
Old 02-13-2015, 06:56 PM

Wireless & Taranis

I'm a newbie too, and bought the wireless version assuming it would work with my Taranis X9D. Insufficient research on my part I suppose.

I bought it on Amazon so, having read this thread, I already have it in the box ready to go back... and order the interlink controller edition.

Someone on another forum suggested this adapter as a possibility:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ustomerReviews

But it gets pretty crumby reviews, and sounds like I might be entering another technical minefield.

I've learned a tremendous amount about this complex and interesting hobby in the last month, but I'm sorta wanting to fly (at least a simulator, so I don't keep having to replace blades on my quad).

Anyone disagree that the return/exchange isn't the best way to go for me?

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:09 AM

I'm wondering if any of you guys can give me a little guidance here. I Have RF 7.5 wireless SLT version. I have it all installed with no issues, but I can not get my Hitec Aurora 9X to bind with the USB plug. I have the radio set to SLT, then open RF and go to Simulation>Select Controller>Bind. Nothing happens. No matter what order I do things in its just a dead end. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-31-2016, 07:12 AM

My radio is a Graupner MX-20, and has a simple 3.5mm jack for the trainer port. Works fine.
But will it work with the wired interface? I'm on mode 3- left handed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: