Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 01:06 PM

Realflight 7 Transmitter interface

The description of this states:
"One Great Planes RealFlight 7 R/C Flight Simulator DVD with Interface, Futaba Micro Style Adapter that unplugs to provide the JR/Spektrum/Tactic Connector"

Does this mean the included cable has a Futaba adapter that I only need to remove in order to plug the cable into my Spektrum radio?

I just want to make sure I don't need anything that is not included to use my Spektrum DX8 with the new style Transmitter interface

BTW the new TX interface is what lured me away from my other Sim to RF. Since I want to Sim with my standard TX it's a lot more convenient, plus cheaper!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM

I'm glad the new interface was released and I ordered a copy with it myself so I can utilize a completely wireless setup.

Yes, you plug the interface into the trainer port of your TX, so you're good to go.

That said, remember that that Interlink has more available buttons.

PPM trainer port communication never provides full access to your TX's capabilities, so you will loose a bit of compatibility with some models.

While some people may not care about this, I do.

Coupled with the wear and tear on your field Transmitter, and the need to use the built in battery ( it needs to be charged and your TX operates off the batteries while connected ), the Interlink IMHO is still a much better choice.

Don't discount using or purchasing the Interlink. You can always plug your TX into the Interlink and use it... but as most of us have done, you'll tire of this quickly and resort to using the Interlink alone.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Administrator

vertico, that's exactly right. The RealFlight Interface cable will support the Spektrum-style connection right out of the box. Included is an adapter that converts that connector to the square Futaba-style plug. It probably comes all connected in the box, but all you have to do is unplug that adapter.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:18 PM

I do not own any previous versions of realflight.

Looking to get RF7, does anyone know if the interface will work with my FlySky FS-T6 transmitter? It has a trainer port on the back.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2013, 02:25 PM

You are MUCH better off purchasing the Interlink equipped version of Realflight.

See my prior post about using your own controller.

But to answer your question...

Your TX has PPM trainer port output, so yes it is LIKELY to work, though you may need to find the proper cable or at worst build your own.

However I assume that RF7 will have pre-set configurations to work with large name "standard" controllers like Tactic's, Futaba's, Spektrum's, Aurora's and JR's.

Lesser brands like yours typically suffer from lack of support in situations like these and that may mean you'll have to deal with that yourself.

Last edited by opjose; 10-30-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Administrator

mrstamp80, I'm not familiar with that radio, so I can't give you a definite answer. If it outputs a PPM signal from its trainer port, then as opjose suggests, it should work in RealFlight provided there is an adapter that fits it. I'm not sure what its trainer port looks like.

RealFlight Support may be able to help answer your question.

RealFlight 7 ships with selectable radio profiles that cover the main transmitter manufacturers. But you should be able to create and save your own profile without too much trouble. You basically just need to understand a little bit about what you want each channel to control (e.g., channel 1: ailerons).

RF7 ships with a document designed to help you use your own radio with RealFlight and tailor things to your needs for the best experience possible. That document is easily accessible from within the software via the Help menu.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:11 PM

Thanks for the input. Do you know what cable i would need? Also was planning on getting the version with the tattic radio, just to have a back up. Didn't see the point of buying it with the interlink radio, for $10 more you get a useable radio. Made more sense.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Administrator

I don't know, sorry. That's why I'm thinking product support might be able to help more. If the trainer port is the same as a current Futaba or Spektrum radio, for example, chances are very good that it will work.

There are advantages to using the InterLink with RealFlight. opjose touched on some above. And all the models are set up with it in mind, and it has 8 channels, so everything just works without any further thought. But if you'd like to pick up a real 6 channel radio while you're at it, that option makes a lot of sense.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 PM

Thanks for your help, I called tech support and the answer I got was "I am really not sure." "I have never been asked that."

Will the tactic ttx600 work with most BNF planes? I am not trying to get off topic. Trying to make a decision I won't regret in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstamp80 View Post
Thanks for your help, I called tech support and the answer I got was "I am really not sure." "I have never been asked that."

Will the tactic ttx600 work with most BNF planes? I am not trying to get off topic. Trying to make a decision I won't regret in a couple of weeks.
As far as I know the tactic radio will work for the aircraft that are TX-R which are sold by tower hobbies. The BNF aircraft that connect to spektrum/JR DSM2/DSMX transmitters will not work.

Last edited by csgill75; 10-31-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:53 PM

Does the RF7 w/interlink elite controller , come with the interface for use with a spectrum radio? Or would you have to get that interface separately? Thanks

I ask cause a may upgrade to a spextrum later. Just wanting to know what will work the best.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:39 PM

Quoting the Tower listing:

INCLUDES: One Great Planes RealFlight 7 R/C Flight Simulator DVD
InterLink Elite controller
Cable for JR and Hitec radios
Cable with micro-plug adapter for newer Futaba radios with square port (order GPMZ4064 if extra cable is needed)

---

And just in case you are unaware of it... Spektrum = JR for these purposes.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:49 PM

Yes the cable to work with Futaba, Spektrum, Hitec and JR is included with the InterLink and Interface versions of RealFlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstamp80 View Post
Does the RF7 w/interlink elite controller , come with the interface for use with a spectrum radio? Or would you have to get that interface separately? Thanks

I ask cause a may upgrade to a spextrum later. Just wanting to know what will work the best.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:34 AM

Yup, works great.

And configuring G7 for your own radios is a snap too.

Nicely done.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:09 PM

Jumping the gun a little bit. I just purchased RF 7 with the USB interface. All excited. What's this 'wireless' you are discussing? Do i need to buy a special interface to make that work? If so, where do I get one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
I'm glad the new interface was released and I ordered a copy with it myself so I can utilize a completely wireless setup.

Yes, you plug the interface into the trainer port of your TX, so you're good to go.

That said, remember that that Interlink has more available buttons.

PPM trainer port communication never provides full access to your TX's capabilities, so you will loose a bit of compatibility with some models.

While some people may not care about this, I do.

Coupled with the wear and tear on your field Transmitter, and the need to use the built in battery ( it needs to be charged and your TX operates off the batteries while connected ), the Interlink IMHO is still a much better choice.

Don't discount using or purchasing the Interlink. You can always plug your TX into the Interlink and use it... but as most of us have done, you'll tire of this quickly and resort to using the Interlink alone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: