Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 09:44 AM

I just ordered my copy with the new transmitter interface. I have the hope that:
- has been improved the compatibility with simstick
- isn't anymore required to press the reset button on the interface by switching the controller

Are my expectations well-founded?
Old 11-10-2013, 10:33 AM

I too ordered the RF7 with the interface assuming it would work with Tactic out of box since the Picture shows tactic 600 and advanced...... I received the Sim and was disappointed to see it wont work out of box with my tx610 or txx650..... I made a adapter from a s-video patch cord and the a female 3.5 plug ,The sim works but not sure wiring is 100 % correct..... now... does the RF7 w the Tactic TX using wireless or a cord ? Am I going to have to buy more to get my TXX650 to work? which was my whole intention.......
Old 11-10-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvan View Post

- isn't anymore required to press the reset button on the interface by switching the controller

Are my expectations well-founded?
That one isn't.

The reset button must be pressed on the RF interface.

If you ordered the Interface instead of the Interlink, the Interface has a button on it, which acts like the reset button. This is also true of the version with the TX included.

If you are using your own radio this works pretty well so it is a non-issue.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvan View Post
As opjose described, there's nothing to switch to when using the new RealFlight Interface. Your radio is the only controller, and the reset button exists on the interface device itself.

For users connecting their radio to the InterLink Elite, they no longer need to select the InterLink before pressing the reset button to validate their controller.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Phunahm, I'm not familiar with those exact Tactic radio models. The TTX600 that is available with RealFlight does not use the wireless trainer mode. It has a trainer port installed on the back that uses a 1/8" mini plug. The correct cable for that style of jack--which is also used by Spektrum radios, for example--is included in all RealFlight packages.* An adapter for Futaba-style square jacks is included as well.

*except the software-only upgrade, naturally
Old 11-11-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas View Post
Phunahm, I'm not familiar with those exact Tactic radio models. The TTX600 that is available with RealFlight does not use the wireless trainer mode. It has a trainer port installed on the back that uses a 1/8" mini plug. The correct cable for that style of jack--which is also used by Spektrum radios, for example--is included in all RealFlight packages.* An adapter for Futaba-style square jacks is included as well.

*except the software-only upgrade, naturally
so I will have to install a 1/8 jack in my ttx650 and or the tx610..... the txx600 are modded for Great plains to work with RF7
Old 11-12-2013, 01:29 PM

The TX610 has a standard trainer port which will work with the RF7 interface.

The TTX650 uses wireless trainer mode exclusively so it will NOT work with the RF7 interface.

You're better off purchasing RF7 WITH the Interlink.

The Interlink provides more functions than either of the radios you currently have.

AND you CAN hook your radio to the Interlink to use RF that way too...

Though you'll find the convenience of the Interlink outweights your desire to use your own radios.

Ultimately you'll end up using the Interlink exclusively. YES it -IS- that much better and more convenient.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:35 PM

I just wish it was a little more clearer on the website , because I already bought the Interface RF7 and modded a cable to work with my tx610 which uses a s video style cable....
Old 11-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
The TX610 has a standard trainer port which will work with the RF7 interface.

The TTX650 uses wireless trainer mode exclusively so it will NOT work with the RF7 interface.

You're better off purchasing RF7 WITH the Interlink.

The Interlink provides more functions than either of the radios you currently have.

AND you CAN hook your radio to the Interlink to use RF that way too...

Though you'll find the convenience of the Interlink outweights your desire to use your own radios.

Ultimately you'll end up using the Interlink exclusively. YES it -IS- that much better and more convenient.
But the idea really is to be able to use your own radio that you fly your own model with and it seams that KE and RF have clearly missed the mark and not properly informing people of this problem and it's not until after they have purchased it and found out for themselves at a considerable cost only then have to pay out more money for the full pack with the interlink elite.

Bad business practise IMHO.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:27 PM

I don't see it a problem with the KE interface but a issue with the transmitter you are using. The manual states that you may need an adapter for the radio that you use but they do cover the most popular brands right out of the box.

Just get one of these for under $5.00

Last edited by csgill75; 11-13-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
I don't see it a problem with the KE interface but a issue with the transmitter you are using. The manual states that you may need an adapter for the radio that you use but they do cover the most popular brands right out of the box.

Just get one of these for under $5.00

I know about those adapters my point was it isnt clear until you get the product.... I made my own cable however the description needs to be rephrased ..Now it was said that Im not going to get the full function using this method VS buying the Tactic version......
Old 11-13-2013, 11:29 AM

So is the TTX650 a completely incompatible Transmitter for RF7 due to the lack of a way to connect to the interface?
Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeoKnight View Post
So is the TTX650 a completely incompatible Transmitter for RF7 due to the lack of a way to connect to the interface?
Seems that its only compatible with other Radios that use wireless Trainer systems. To connect to the interface or interlink you must have a physical connection available or you could purchase a SimStick for full wireless control.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the input. I guess I need to re-evaluate my idea of purchasing TX650. Does the SimStick work pretty well?
Old 11-13-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeoKnight View Post
Thanks for the input. I guess I need to re-evaluate my idea of purchasing TX650. Does the SimStick work pretty well?
Simstick will require you to connect a compatible Receiver to use your Transmitter with the device. I have ordered a Simstick pro for myself and should have it in the next couple days. I would assume I would be able to use the Expo programmed in my Transmitter and infact all the settings i have setup in the Transmitter on the aircraft in the Simulator.

SIMSTICK PRO is compatible with almost all radio Systems*

ALL Futaba S-BUS
ALL Futaba NON S-Bus receivers
ALL Spektrum DSMX and DSM2 receivers and satelites
ALL JR - DMSS and DSM2
ALL Hitec Radios
ALL Turnigy
ALL Graupner
ALL Walkera

Last edited by csgill75; 11-13-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: