Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 04:15 PM

Note it is considered "Rude" to spam a forum with the same post/request as you have.

The answer to your question may be found via a search

Search for "Wireless Realflight 7 success"

All of that thread applies.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
Note it is considered "Rude" to spam a forum with the same post/request as you have.

The answer to your question may be found via a search

Search for "Wireless Realflight 7 success"

All of that thread applies.
Yeah I really have noticed that some people here really get a bit overboard on things such as this.

Guess this is one of those places where "how" a board is used is more important then the point of what it should be which is helping someone new who is in most need of help.

Tell you the truth, I have spent years on post boards and every time I see stuff like this at one, it also means they are just landmines of trouble.

Yeah you can get along for a little while, but sooner or later your going to get some person who's nose you get out of joint, with typically a lot of times it being ones who just about live on them, which also means they have tons of buddies on them to take their side of things...and then is just all goes south an always with the innocent getting the blame.

So kinda get the feeling even from just joining today and about 5 posts in the course of only two hours this is that kind of place so if all the same, just disregard all of my posts and if the owners care too, can cancel my account.

As bad as Phoenix is, and good as RF might be, if one can't come to its forum when they might need help without get all kinds of flack about something as silly as how they make their posts...then its all pretty useless.

Well at least I learned of this "before" spending any money to buy RF, so I do have to say thanks for that.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:14 AM

I'm not 100% sure I am understanding your question, however, I'll take a shot at it.

The Interface version of RF7 will allow you full access to the sim using your 14SG. The only thing you won't have are the Quick Select features that the InterLink Elite controller has. These features allow you to select aircraft and flying sites, and a few other things using the controller instead of a mouse and keyboard. The InterLink is also a high quality controller that saves wear and tear on your actual transmitter. However, if you only want to use your transmitter as a controller, the Interface version is a good choice for you.

I have no idea if your wireless adapter will work however. That is not something we support.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanRC View Post
Sorry that I posted some questions in the RF7 section before I read this, but at any rate, I have read through all the posts here but am still a little confused so I hope it isn't minded if I ask a question.

Basically my current setup is that I am running Phoenix from my Futaba Tx wirelessly to a SimStream setup, then to the Phoenix dongle/cable setup, then to my PC.

For a few of the reasons I do this are, one, makes it all nice that I can pack away the dongle and all the wires and other dust collecting stuff, all in the big space behind one of my desk draws which really helps to keep things clean and unsightly.

Next and probably of most importance is that this allows me the freedom of a wireless setup, which as I use the sim on either my desktop, or run to my flatscreen TV in the same room, is so much better (an even more realistic) without a cord to mess with.

Lastly, I have always much preferred to used any of my Tx's for my sim as its a big help in learning how to use it a lot of times. Is much better to try things I don't quite understand or have ideas with on the sim, as apposed to with a real model where the wrong thing or adjustment can be super bad.

An then maybe to add to another last point is just the shear making for a better use of the sim in that for the exact same Tx I am using there, I use out in the field too, so just helps for all the obvious reasons for that.

So to get to my question, my first thoughts were as since the sim can be gotten without the versions of Tx's it has possible for a dongle, was to get that for many of the reasons which I kinda went over above...but in reading these threads am I to understand that if I get that Interface version over the Interlink version and try to use it as I have described, this will not give me as many of the Futaba Tx to the Sim options I could get if I bought the Interlink version and us that as I have described?

Again, that question pertains to using any of them as I described where everything will be wirelessly run via my 14SG to the SimStream unit, then via the SimStream unit wired to whatever is used next, and also all things wired all packed away where I do not have access to it.

Hope I explained all that correctly.

Thanks for any help.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Administrator

My understanding is that the Simstick works well with RealFlight's InterLink Edition, and I see no reason that should not extend to the new RealFlight Interface Edition. However, as Steve Kaluf said above, it is not officially supported, and we have not tested it for ourselves.

The sim can be configured to reset your aircraft automatically after a crash. There may be times when you want to reset at will, though (for example, maybe you ran out of fuel but landed safely). Presumably you have your keyboard and mouse nearby with your setup. The space bar will reset the aircraft, but only after you have pressed the button on the RealFlight Interface one time to validate it.

I suspect you could mostly use the sim as you wish without trouble. But if your Interface is hidden away and inaccessible, you may encounter some issues as I described above.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:19 AM

Smile FrSky compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstamp80 View Post
I do not own any previous versions of realflight.

Looking to get RF7, does anyone know if the interface will work with my FlySky FS-T6 transmitter? It has a trainer port on the back.

Thanks
You are good. I have a FrSky (I think that is what you meant) otherwise known as Taranis, and it works just fine.

The only consideration is that if you have configured in your radio more than 12 channels, you will have a message indicating that there is no connection with the radio or interface.

Other than that no aditional problems.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:18 PM

What do I need to use my Futaba controller?

I have an older Futaba FG Series controller ModelFPT7FG/K.

I have done the free upgrade to Real Flight 7.5.

I didn't originally purchase the trainer cable with the Real Flight controller, What do I need to be able to connect my older Futaba controller to my RF controller? My RF controller has a 6 pin port in the back to connect to, and my Futaba controller has round trainer port.

Is the proper interface setup software built into the 7.5 upgrade?

Thank you,
Bill
Old 01-25-2015, 09:51 PM

You stated, you didn't purchase the trainer cable, with RealFlight controller. A two piece, trainer cable, should have been included. (rectangular, 6 pin, Futaba type, connectors, on each end, with a 3.5mm audio (mono) connector in the middle) Do you have that? IF so, you would need the ADAPTER (male, round) "6 pin, DIN plug, to 3.5mm audio" (mono, female)( see page 2, this thread)(Buy it or build it) or check this out: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...73&postcount=6
The Major concern! Is the radio compatible? Is that Futaba FPT7FG/K an AM or FM radio? And is the trainer signal PPM?

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 01-26-2015 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenoline 60 View Post
You stated, you didn't purchase the trainer cable, with RealFlight controller. A two piece, trainer cable, should have been included. (rectangular, 6 pin, Futaba type, connectors, on each end, with a 3.5mm audio (mono) connector in the middle) Do you have that? IF so, you would need the ADAPTER (male, round) "6 pin, DIN plug, to 3.5mm audio" (mono, female)( see page 2, this thread)(Buy it or build it) or check this out: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...73&postcount=6
The Major concern! Is the radio compatible? Is that Futaba FPT7FG/K an AM or FM radio? And is the trainer signal PPM?
Thanks for the reply. I do have the two cables that came with the interlink controller. The Futaba is AM. not sure if the trainer signal is PPM. Does AM work?
Old 01-26-2015, 06:11 PM

Thank you for the reply. The radio is AM and it has the large round trainer port. Will AM work? Also where can I buy the adapter. I see the picture but not a link on page 2.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2015, 08:19 PM

From my few minutes of research, it looks like you would need the FM Version that outputs a PPM Signal.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:14 PM

Are AM TX's still legal?

Even FM 72 sets had to get the gold label "fixes" in the late 90's or they would be illegal under the updated FCC requirements.

Anyway Bill721 consider purchasing a new modern Transmitter. Their are so many changes over those old AM sets that aside from nostalgia, there is no reason to use them.

Most RC enthusiasts have moved over to 2.4gHz and most clubs have prohibited 50mHz and 72mHz sets.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
Are AM TX's still legal?

Even FM 72 sets had to get the gold label "fixes" in the late 90's or they would be illegal under the updated FCC requirements.

Anyway Bill721 consider purchasing a new modern Transmitter. Their are so many changes over those old AM sets that aside from nostalgia, there is no reason to use them.

Most RC enthusiasts have moved over to 2.4gHz and most clubs have prohibited 50mHz and 72mHz sets.
The last club I was a member of, Prohibited the use of anything other than the new 2.4ghz systems. Everyone upgraded and everyone was happy not having to impound their Tx's
Old 01-26-2015, 11:42 PM

Ok thanks. I only fly from my desk top anymore so I really don't need a new controller. I still have the original plane I built many years ago..... If I ever try to fly it again I will just fly in an open field somewhere.... Thanks for your help
Old 01-27-2015, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill721 View Post
Ok thanks. I only fly from my desk top anymore so I really don't need a new controller. I still have the original plane I built many years ago..... If I ever try to fly it again I will just fly in an open field somewhere.... Thanks for your help
Given that everyone is moving over to 2.4gHz, if you do not want to purchase a new TX, you can purchase what used to be high end 72mHz transmitters for a song.

A lot of them make fantastic units to use with Realflight, and some even allow for module upgrades to 2.4gHz like JR and Futaba 7-9 channel units.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:10 AM

I like the idea of banning 72mhz... I know that would go over like a lead balloon at my club, but it does make sense.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: