Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-23-2015, 04:08 PM

DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus cable and RF7.5 not working

I have Real Flight version 7.50.011 installed on a Windows 7 64-bit machine with plenty of memory, graphics, etc. I want to use my DJI Phantom Vision 2 Plus remote as the controller. Also, I'd like to use the supplied cable (came with Real Flight) rather than a wireless connection. The cable plugs into a jack similar to an audio earbud port on the back of the DJI remote unit and, of course, the other end plugs into the computer's USB port. No matter what I try Real Flight launcher does not recognize the remote unit. Therefore I cannot enter the serial numbers or otherwise use the software. This setup is supposed to work out of the box, but it doesn't seem to. Does anyone have any experience with this problem or a suggested work-around? Maybe there is another cable type, or maybe it is best to get it to work wirelessly. I'm hoping someone might have some experience with this or some good ideas. Is it possible that Real Flight 7.5 doesn't work with DJI hardware?

Thank you!
Old 01-23-2015, 06:40 PM

As long as the DJI controller is able to output a PPM signal from the Trainer port, Realflight should recognize the signal. Not all Transmitters do this so you would need to contact DJI for assistance with this.

The wireless interface device is only compatible with SLT transmitters and the Anylink2 adapter. You would need to see if the DJI transmitter will work with the Anylink2 Adapter. If all else fails contact RealFlight tech support

Last edited by csgill75; 01-23-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories Retold View Post
No matter what I try Real Flight launcher does not recognize the remote unit. Therefore I cannot enter the serial numbers or otherwise use the software.
That statement implies you are using the wireless interface.

As CSGILL75 states, the wireless interface is only compatible with SLT transmitters.

You may be able to purchase an AnyLink SLT transmitter to use with your TX to make it work.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:58 AM

Have you fixed the problem?

Last edited by Maxs; 03-21-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxs View Post
Have you fixed the problem?
What problem?
Old 03-20-2015, 06:49 PM

DJI Training Port.

Check out this DJI Thread... I did not read the whole thing.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=v...d14642&lang=en
Old 03-21-2015, 05:36 PM

An amusing thread.

Softdog = piracy dongle.

They can't get the TX configured for simulator/trainer modes.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:15 PM

Funny!

I wanted to try my buddies DJI transmitter out with the software at the field today... alas the version of the radio that he has does not have a trainer port. So NO GO.

In the thread, I believe someone got the DJI to work with PH***** Sim software. If that is possible, then it should work with Real Flight.

The real point that should be taken from this post is that this topic really belongs in the DJI forum where there are a lot more bodies using that equipment. I still say that the best possible method of using Real Flight is with the Interlink Elite controller. Bar None.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:25 PM

Hi today i received my copy of real flight 7.5 transmitter interface edition (the one with the usb cable).
I'm connected the interface to the pc and to the radio controller and powered it on.
When i start the simulator asks me connect the interface and to power on the radio controller but it is already connected and on.

The radio controller is the one that came with the dji phantom 2 vision+ v3.0; it has a 3.5mm trainer port on the back.

The simulator doesn't start and continue to ask me to connect the interface; it's impossible to insert the serial numbers.

Anyone can help me pls?

thanks
regards
Old 03-25-2015, 04:27 PM

The reason you are seeing that is because the Interface is NOT seeing a PPM signal from your transmitter.

With some transmitters you must have them OFF for them to transmit a PPM signal.

Others require that you set up a new "model memory" and configure the transmitter to work as a "slave".

You may also need a different cable, as the DJI transmitter uses a proprietary brand.

Your best bet is to get your transmitter working as a slave buddy box with someone else's transmitter.

If you can get it to work that way, then the same setup should work with Realflight.

Unless you can make it work as a buddy box slave (or in some cases master), all bets are off.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:18 PM

Here is another thread on the DJI forums that should give you some more info.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=v...ang=en&lang=en

According to one post someone who contacted Realflight Technical Support, the DJI Transmitter may not work with the USB interface. Another person said it will work in Windows 7 but not 8 or 10... And it isn't just Realflight, It doesn't work for other simulators as well. I would advise to Get the Interlink edition of Realflight or a better Transmitter for your models.

I'll just keep on using my Interlink Elite

Last edited by csgill75; 03-25-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:47 PM

The DJI guys are used to a centering spring on the throttle axis as well as what we are all used to. This may create some problems for pilots in Real Flight at least in the beginning.

I know that for a pilot used to flying a conventional setup, it takes some getting used to the centering throttle. It can all be done, but the DJI guys might not be happy at first.

My friend's DJI controller does not have the trainer port... at that price, it should.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 03-25-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
The reason you are seeing that is because the Interface is NOT seeing a PPM signal from your transmitter.

With some transmitters you must have them OFF for them to transmit a PPM signal.

Others require that you set up a new "model memory" and configure the transmitter to work as a "slave".

You may also need a different cable, as the DJI transmitter uses a proprietary brand.

Your best bet is to get your transmitter working as a slave buddy box with someone else's transmitter.

If you can get it to work that way, then the same setup should work with Realflight.

Unless you can make it work as a buddy box slave (or in some cases master), all bets are off.
Thank you for your response, this afternoon i will go to a shop to se if the have an used radio transmitter that is compatibile with the simulator. I hope to find one with a low price.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Here is another thread on the DJI forums that should give you some more info.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=v...ang=en&lang=en

According to one post someone who contacted Realflight Technical Support, the DJI Transmitter may not work with the USB interface. Another person said it will work in Windows 7 but not 8 or 10... And it isn't just Realflight, It doesn't work for other simulators as well. I would advise to Get the Interlink edition of Realflight or a better Transmitter for your models.

I'll just keep on using my Interlink Elite
I have already checked the dji forum (the last post is mine "ragnettisam"), someone uses the dji radio with helix or phenix, but no clue about real flight.

I think that on the real flight website in the product page (http://www.realflight.com/products/gpmz4525.html) they will write that this edition is not compatibile with dji radio controller in order to avoid this kind of trouble; betther if well be a compatibility list to check before buy.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:56 PM

A better option, may be, to EXCHANGE your interface version, for, a "InterLink Elite, Controller Edition" of RealFlight.
Depending on how your purchase, was done. Exchange it, through the vendor, OR, contact, RealFlight tech support. I remember seeing a post, in the forum, about someone, who, exchanged. their version, for a "InterLink Elite" version, (plus, version, cost differential) through, Great Planes/RealFlight directly. Try contacting them. Their really great people.
The "InterLink Elite" version is really the best of both worlds. It allows all the bells and whistles, RealFlight has to offer, plus, the option to connect other radios, through a trainer cord. (Providing, the other radio, has a PPM signal, coming from trainer port)

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 03-27-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: