Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G2
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 04-27-2002, 06:57 AM

no i have made my decsion wont change wat i like fer 1 sim
Old 05-07-2002, 02:01 PM
Administrator

ATI has had some driver problems. The weird one we have seen latetly with the latest public release are graphic objects that disappear and reappear randomly. This has been fixed in the latest beta driver. You'll have to wait until ATI decides to post it. Also, if you are getting a white screen, try turning the fog off in the Airport menu.
Old 05-08-2002, 05:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Twobeers
ATI Card

I went out and bought the same card to upgrade my puter with a while back (even before I had G2.) I took it out of the box and put it in. It would not work on my computer. I took it back to the store and they did not want to take it back. I found out from ATI's top tech support guru that there was a incompatibily problem with certain motherboard chipsets. I had to go thru the hassle of optaining a RMA form from ATI for the puter store and they still didn't want to take it back. Well after getting LOUD enough that I drew a crowd of at least 50 customers they finally relented and gave me back my money. I then took my money and walked across the street and bought a NVIDIA G2Ti500 card. It works like a charm. Ya gets what you pay for. As far as tech support not getting back to you, I see from the thread that Jim Coleman of Knifeedge has kindly responded not once but twice in forum for you. Why don't you try a little tenderness, it might get you further along.
Old 05-11-2002, 11:07 AM

Krusty, the Tongue-in-Cheek Klown

This has been fun but ol' Krusty's in and out command of the language convinces me he's giving our chain a good yank. Krusty the Troll, perhaps?

CJ
Old 05-11-2002, 12:17 PM

It's probably them big old fat warty fingers
trying to use a normal keyboard designed for
normal humans.

I fly everything there is. I crash all that I have. (Sometimes) And I always pick up my trash.
Old 05-12-2002, 08:28 AM

CHEFJEFF,
I don't know if ol Krusty is pulling our chain. But I'm pretty sure that there's a darn good chance that some people asking questions in here just (possibly) might be a desperate attempt by some person(s) from a competing company or someone who owns a product from a competing company to try and persuade people reading post in here, that G2 isn't any good. If that were fact, guess that would be prof positive that G2 is giving them some major big time heartaches. So as for myself, when I can find the time to answer someone's question in here, whether I think it possibly could be someone pulling our chain or not, I still answer the question as if it is a legit honest question from a person who owns G2.
But at the same time, I sometimes get a little tired of answering the same old questions to which if those people asking those questions would just take a little time going over some of the information provided on this site and information that was provided with their copy of G2 and information contained in other posts in here, wouldn't have to ask those same old questions in the first place. WEll anyway...
Still love my G2.

Adlai
Old 05-17-2002, 12:03 AM

ATI... LOL.. been there done that. I feel bad his game doesn't work.. but really, you need to research your equipment before you squander your "hard earned money" on crap equiptment.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:47 AM

Just wanted to add this about the Nividia Geforce 4 ti4400 3d card that I said I was having problems with, with running certain sims I had, which I had mentioned in an earlier post under this subject. Anyway, the fix was very simple, Just went to the Nividia site and downloaded and installed the latest window Me drivers and so far the sims that I said that I couldn't get to work with the Gforce 4 card, now do work. :-)
Old 06-20-2002, 01:14 PM
Mr. Happy

ATI is the problem

ATI is known for powerfull hardware and weak drivers. I have run in to customers time and time again who buy ATI radeon, Wonder, 7500, 8500 the model doesn't matter, the outcome is the same. Pc locks up, graphics flash, some things don't display at all etc. The fix? Go buy an Nvidia card and your problem will be solved. Realflight is graphic intensive. It's a flight simulator for god's sake. You have to have a good gaming card to run it, and ATI Sucks!...
Sorry ATI.. my advise to you is hire a programmer before you hire another MIT board wizard.. later..
Old 06-21-2002, 05:20 AM

To some people it's more fun to buy ATI and complain about software,
and defend their stuff. Those same people probably
drove a pinto.

I fly.
Old 06-23-2002, 10:58 AM

Makers of Real Flight

I am not sure but I threw away my realflight box would like to make a suggestion maybe. I am a big time gamer went as far as programming them so I am pertty much overboard.

Some High end graphic demanding software (games,Sims) sometimes put recommend or list certain graphics cards right on the box.

I am sorry for the person that bought this game without knowing about his machines capabilities. I wonder if he has any other Simulators such as Combat Flight sim 2, or something.

Back to the makers of Real Flight Here is a word for word copy of the game Medal of honor allied assault (Quake Graphics Engine)Windwos Xp/ME/2000/98/95(windows NT is not supported):
450mghz pentium 2 or 500 mhz AMD athlon processer 128 MB RAM!! 8x cd/dvd rom drive 1.2GB of fre hard disk space plus space for saved games Directx 8.0 !^MB suported OPEN GL CAPABLE VIDEIO CARD WITH OPEN GL
Old 06-23-2002, 11:05 AM

Makers of Real Flight

I am not sure but I threw away my realflight box would like to make a suggestion maybe. I am a big time gamer went as far as programming them so I am pertty much overboard.

Some High end graphic demanding software (games,Sims) sometimes put recommend or list certain graphics cards right on the box.

I am sorry for the person that bought this game without knowing about his machines capabilities. I wonder if he has any other Simulators such as Combat Flight sim 2, or something?

Here is a word for word on a game I bought called Medal of honor. SUPPORTED CHIPSETS; NIVIDIA GeForce3,2 nividia gforce 256, nividia riva tnt2, nividea riva tnt ati Radeon, ati Rage 128 pro, ATI rage 128 ect.... now if someone still has the box and realflight states the cards then this person might be valid on his complaint, but if it states all what you need not recomendations then welp.....?? I hope he can take it back or sell it!
Old 07-06-2002, 02:56 AM

I went out and bought a mule with no legs.. then complained that it couldn't walk..............

Lose the ATI.... get a gf3 or 4 card....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: