Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:18 PM

T-28 Trojan

I decided to create a semi-scale profile version of the T-28 Trojan. I'm not sure yet what will power it, gas, glow, or electric so any thoughts on that are welcome. It has a 108 inch wingspan so you can see it easy in RealFlight and will have retracts. I thought about flaps too but maybe not. I create planes to fly in simulator so they're not copies of real planes just something fun to fly. Here's a couple of renders of where it's at right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T-28 Trojan 01.jpg (51.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg T-28 Trojan 02.jpg (57.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 12-27-2017, 03:59 PM

I'll have to look up some pictures and history now as I really wasn't that familiar with the airplane.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
I decided to create a semi-scale profile version of the T-28 Trojan. I'm not sure yet what will power it, gas, glow, or electric so any thoughts on that are welcome. It has a 108 inch wingspan so you can see it easy in RealFlight and will have retracts. I thought about flaps too but maybe not. I create planes to fly in simulator so they're not copies of real planes just something fun to fly. Here's a couple of renders of where it's at right now.
Is this a assumption that someone who designs and builds models that look like real aircraft does not build them to fly in our simulators???
Old 12-27-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Bird View Post
Is this a assumption that someone who designs and builds models that look like real aircraft does not build them to fly in our simulators???
Being as nice as I can. That comment was to let you and legmon know I realize my planes aren't perfect scale but I create them to have something fun to fly in the simulator. It's extremely hard for me to get to the field and take care of my bedridden wife so I use RealFlight to build fun little projects and share them. It seems I should be able to do that without being told their short comings by the same people each time. So I said it that way so maybe I wouldn't have to say it directly, but I suppose not. Would you please allow me to share my projects without dropping by to tell me I'm doing it wrong. Is there not room in the RealFlight forums for me to do that?
Old 12-27-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Being as nice as I can. That comment was to let you and legmon know I realize my planes aren't perfect scale but I create them to have something fun to fly in the simulator. It's extremely hard for me to get to the field and take care of my bedridden wife so I use RealFlight to build fun little projects and share them. It seems I should be able to do that without being told their short comings by the same people each time. So I said it that way so maybe I wouldn't have to say it directly, but I suppose not. Would you please allow me to share my projects without dropping by to tell me I'm doing it wrong. Is there not room in the RealFlight forums for me to do that?
Technoid, Keep doing what you`re doing, your planes are fantasy planes ...so to speak.. and they`re all enjoyed by all of us, They`re NO different than some "recently" released fantasy CS`s, albeit very good ones, they don`t exist in the real world, but there for everyone to enjoy, real or not.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Technoid, Keep doing what you`re doing, your planes are fantasy planes ...so to speak.. and they`re all enjoyed by all of us, They`re NO different than some "recently" released fantasy CS`s, albeit very good ones, they don`t exist in the real world, but there for everyone to enjoy, real or not.
Thanks.. I like that definition, fantasy planes. I'm reworking the ailerons right now to make them look like the plan I have. The dihedral won't be there but it will be a fairly close to scale plane in the other aspects. Ha.. as close as a profile plane gets.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:15 PM

Well, a lot profile planes ARE designed after real world planes, thus, they look similar, just not "scale" in every aspect of coarse, They shouldn`t be criticized, they were made to fill a niche in the RC world, affordable, easy to repair, easy to learn the basics of flying RC, real world or Sim.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:52 PM

Technoid, there is nothing wrong with your models. They are your style of aircraft and are models of what RC aircraft should be. Scale is nice but people forget this is a RC simulator, not FSX, X-Plane or any other full size aircraft sim. One thing that only you can say is that most of your models are truly your designs. There isn't a day that goes by when I fly at least one of your models.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Technoid, there is nothing wrong with your models. They are your style of aircraft and are models of what RC aircraft should be. Scale is nice but people forget this is a RC simulator, not FSX, X-Plane or any other full size aircraft sim. One thing that only you can say is that most of your models are truly your designs. There isn't a day that goes by when I fly at least one of your models.
Wow.. thanks for your comments I really appreciate them.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
+1

Great work as always Technoid. Each of us who make custom content come from different corners of the RF flying field. Some like scale, some like helis, some old timers, some 3d, etc. And of late, I am enjoying using RF as the testing tool to flight prove RW models. There is room for all my friend. You may never fully know how much joy you bring to other pilots by the planes you create-- both those who can go a RW field and those who cannot. Don't compare your work with what others do. You have your own unique and awesome style.

Last edited by Fly_electric; 01-05-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_electric View Post
+1

Great work as always Technoid. Each of us who make custom content come from different corners of the RF flying field. Some like scale, some like helis, some 3d, some old timers, some 3d, etc. And of late, I am enjoying using RF as the testing tool to flight prove RW models. There is room for all my friend. You may never fully know how much joy you bring to other pilots by the planes you create-- both those who can go a RW field and those who cannot. Don't compare your work with what others do. You have your own unique and awesome style.
Thanks I really appreciate your comments. And where's that Dog House
Old 01-05-2018, 01:12 AM

One more render after I worked on the HStab and VStab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T-28 Trojan 26.jpg (124.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-05-2018, 02:13 AM

Quote:
I am currently in it .... LOL
Old 01-05-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Presently pile of 3 foam board pieces & more redesign on the initial assembly details... Awaiting the next available weekend to put some significant time into the project-- maybe a few weeks from now...
Old 01-05-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_electric View Post
Presently pile of 3 foam board pieces & more redesign on the initial assembly details... Awaiting the next available weekend to put some significant time into the project-- maybe a few weeks from now...
Thanks for the update, that's a cool project.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: