Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G2
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 AM

Update: in my boredom, I called tech support concerning your issue. She told me that support for G2 has been dropped, and the MP and registration servers have been shut down.

I do know that the latest version of G2 would be on AddOns 5.

Last edited by jeffpn; 07-29-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM

np, it's the same for newer versions as well. No updates or MP until you register.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 AM

I only meant that you could still obtain the latest release of G2 by installing AddOns 5. MP via the list server is not possible. I suppose you could still arrange a mp session privately with someone else, from time to time. It's a dead product now. Registering the product would be a moot point.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:13 PM

MP is completely blocked until the software is registered. That means that not even private sessions can be started. I made the mistake of buying G4.5 before knowing about the registration/MP fiasco in G2. I hope Knife Edge/Greate Planes do not do the same dirty trick in G4.5 because I swear I will not buy ANYTHING from them again.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:28 PM

So what happens when you enter someone else's IP address for a private session? What kind of error do you get?

On a side note, the G2 software was replaced by G3 5 years ago. I got my copy of G2 seven years ago. That is ancient history for software. Don't take it out on KE/GP, they have 2 main products newer than that. They can't support it forever.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 PM

Manual Registration of G2

Mucaro, you're making a big jump there. There's no dirty trick involved. G2 has been out of support for years. The fact that the registration server is down is more or less just bad luck at this point. That's why I was asking if there was a way to trick G2 into thinking it was registered.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:25 PM

I don't think that's a big jump. I have tons of old games and most are still playable on-line. I know this is not a game (and it's not priced as one either), and for that same reason I take it more seriously. In the end, it's my money and I spend it any way I want. If I feel they didn't provide a good deal, I have the genuine right to face the other way. Don't you think so?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:45 PM

Nobody can tell you how to spend your money, if that's what you're asking. But you're also one of an extreme few who have not upgraded RF by now. G4.5 has a very low demand to it, compared to the games you're talking about. Imagine how much less demand there is now for G2? Next to none.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:58 PM

Jeff, I'm not in the extreme few. Read posts #10 and #19. I also own G4.5. I just expected more for my money.

I'm pretty sure Knife Edge is in this market for the money (like any other fine enterprise would). I don't care if they sell or not, it's not my problem. All I care about is spending my hobby money wisely. Now, if they don't want to corrode their customer base, they should care about what we say. One reason for writing our opinions here is to let them know how we feel so they can change their tactics and we all benefit.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:02 PM

My mistake. I forgot you have 4.5 as well. But I still maintain that you can't expect support for a program as old as G2, given the narrow customer base the RC sim software industry has as a whole. Remember, you can update G2 to the latest available release by Installing AddOns#5. I know mp won't work, but even G4.5 documentation says MP may not always be available.

Last edited by jeffpn; 08-03-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: