Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G3 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 04:02 PM

Thumbs up

The Kex failed as it was looking for the tga in a specific location,i created the correct location on my computer and was able to import the kex,i then backported the physics over from your G4 version and have packaged them together in a EA.G3x package ready for G3.5.Here you go.

Decided to make a quick scheme for it as i had a bit of spare time.Its nothing great but its better than a plain plane.Its all included in the EA.g3x

Please note that the pilot has a face on both the front and back of his head but as it was textured that way there wasn't much i could do about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1203198745.jpg (156.5 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1203198768.jpg (153.2 KB, 54 views)
Attached Files
File Type: g3x Dragon 4_EA.G3X (753.6 KB, 242 views)
PSU - Corsair HX1000i
CPU - Intel i7-5820K @ 3.3Ghz
CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 AIO Liquid Cooler
RAM - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3466Mhz)
GPU - Gigabyte Geforce GTX980ti G1 Gaming 6Gb GDDR5
SSD - Samsung Evo850 500Gb & OCZ Agility3 240Gb
HDD - Samsung Spinpoint 1Tb
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2Tb x 2
OS - Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)
CASE LIGHTS - NZXT Hue LED controller

Last edited by inky00; 02-23-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:26 PM

Talking

Guys, thank you all (TomXP411, Brentq, Inky00, WindRaider, DeVIN) for your efforts getting this put together. I've just given the WD4 a quick toss around the RF sky and get the sense that this is pretty close to being on the nickle.

Would love to hear from HeadMaster (who's already flown his WD4) to get his impressions as to accuracy of this model in RF. Once my kit is in and flown I'll report back too and perhaps even tweak the model a bit on my own.

My hat is off to all the contributors. Great job, folks!

In the two months I've had G3.5 I've requested two planes, and talented designers were kind enough to create credible models of both. Grattitude is hard to express in text, but please know I have this giant smile on my face right now.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:33 PM

Gents: I have a WD4 and just tried your .G3X and I would say you've pretty much nailed it. My only comments are that your model seems to fly a little faster than the real thing and of course there are some minor tweaks for the aesthetics (wing tip shape, etc.). Nonetheless, very impressive!

Thanks! These things make all this a lot of fun! (Now to post for a facetmobile...)

Cheers
Old 04-06-2008, 03:13 PM

Just stopping by to say thanks to all involved in modeling the WD4.

Over the last month or two I've been practicing with it.

And practicing.

And practicing.

And once I could do basic maneuvers and smooth landings, I cranked up the wind and the turbulence. Until I could do loops and rolls and landings in a good variable breeze. Oh, and deadstick. I probably put in ten or fifteen hours in on the model.

And today I flew an R/C plane for the very first time.

Nothing fancy, of course. An unsteady takeoff, some chancey moments, and a lot of circling at altitude--but I managed to land in one piece. And take off again. Some loops, a roll or two. And brought it home. Not a lot of air time; six to eight minutes on a pack, two packs and I was done. But folks, I guess I can fly for real.

So the sim was worth the price, and the time and effort you folks put in building the RF model of the Wing Dragon and converting it for RF 3.5 helped teach a newbie to fly. I'm sure I'll crash in the future. But today I flew.

So--my thanks to the folks to make the sims and slave over the virtual models, and also to the community here from whom I learned enough to more or less avoid hititng the ground. You all made my maiden flight a pleasure and a modest success.

Thanks, folks. See you at the field.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:29 PM

I love those stories! My experience was exactly the same: Easy Star, Real Flight, then Nitro-powered SIG Giant Kadet. Greased it in on the first flight, and I've been having fun with it ever since!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:09 AM

Hi all!

I just bought this WD (red 4ch Sportster):

http://www.art-tech.cn/english/Artic...?ArticleID=243

and knocked the tail loose my first flight. I'm a beginner. I have RealFlight 4.5. I got the orange WD to work in my RFS. I assume pretty much the same thing?
Anyway thanks for your work on this sim!
Thanks so much!

Last edited by Japan; 07-03-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 PM

There's a G3X file in the first post on the thread; give that a shot.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:19 AM

Do you mean top of the page? That's the one I dropped in and it works great.

I think mine is almost identical. IIUC, this is modeled on the WD 4. I have the WD Sportster. They appear to be identical (480 motor, etc) although this one is orange, mine red, this one slightly longer, and the wings on this one are sloped back at the tips, as opposed to straight-cut, like mine. I imagine the flight characteristics are identical?

In any case, its close enough for my purposes! I didn't have any pusher prop models in my sim at all before I found this! Thanks again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: