Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Sorry but this kinda gets my BS meter spinning, lol!

What exactly are your PC and VR specs?
I was using an Asus I7 Bd combo GTX 970 with 16 GB ram.

Oculus Ryft 1st gen.

Now I have a custom built beast.

X570A pro motherboard with 2080 super 32 GB ram and a Corsair watercooler and Samsung SSD with 2T harddrive.

Everything you're running but a step up

Last edited by brields; 09-20-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brields View Post
I have those stutters on flatscreen so I think It's a bug in RF9 Itself.
Quote:

Oculus Ryft 1st gen.

X570A pro motherboard with 2080 super 32 GB ram and a Corsair watercooler and Samsung SSD with 2T harddrive.

Mate, sorry but I am having a hard time believing any of your posts on this forum.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Mate, sorry but I am having a hard time believing any of your posts on this forum.
That's quite alright. Frankly I don't give half a rat if you believe me. You're not the first person on here whos had beef with me and you won't be the last. but everyone who has had issues with me, it was on their own volition and they've all ended up leaving the community for one reason or another. now please in the future if you have an issue with me send me a PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
That's quite alright. Frankly I don't give half a rat if you believe me. You're not the first person on here whos had beef with me and you won't be the last. but everyone who has had issues with me, it was on their own volition and they've all ended up leaving the community for one reason or another. now please in the future if you have an issue with me send me a PM.
Ya, I can see why, lol!
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.

Last edited by TomC; 09-21-2019 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:15 AM

What view is so good in VR > In the ac or outsdie at the field?

Quote:

Oculus Ryft 1st gen.

Ok so you are running an AMD Ryzen now? Maybe the 3900x?

I know its got heaps of cores compared to the i7 9700K but I find RF9 does not make a lot of use of more than a couple of cores and its seems the single core speed is the bottleneck.

I have overclocked a single core to 5.3 ghz and I still cant stop the stuttering in VR on RF9.

The RTX 2080 Ti is also overclocked and yet I still can't get a non stuttering VR at Max sliders.

I make the point though that in Challenges such a the first person ring challenge VR in RF9 , RF8 and RFX is fluid and smashes it at full graphics sliders but when you go to third person at the field you have to dial the graphics down.

So are you talking about first person flyinginsdie the ac or third person at the field VR being so good?
Old 09-21-2019, 06:30 AM

Stuttering in realflight has always been an issue. It's not a graphics problem. It is a sound problem and has been since the days of G4.... The issue comes when the simulator has to load a sound clip for whatever reason and the GPU is rendering textures and it looks to the HDD for that sound. It pauses for a short period of time to load the sound and play the sound. It's always been an issue with Realflight. After a few minutes, the sound files that have been heard are retained in memory and the stuttering stops. It is especially prevalent on landing and crashes.

I've not seen any stuttering since I load realflight on a Samsung 970 M.2 SSD drive. It's read speed is fast enough to pretty much eliminate any latencies in reading audio files in realflight, however it is still stuttering. The Hardware is just fast enough that I don't really see it happening.

Last edited by csgill75; 09-21-2019 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Stuttering in realflight has always been an issue. It's not a graphics problem. It is a sound problem and has been since the days of G4.... The issue comes when the simulator has to load a sound clip for whatever reason and it looks to the HDD for that sound. It pauses for a short period of time to load the sound and play the sound. It's always been an issue with Realflight. After a few minutes, the sound files that have been heard are retained in memory and the stuttering stops. It is especially prevalent on landing and crashes.

I've not seen any stuttering since I load realflight on a Samsung 970 M.2 SSD drive. It's read speed is fast enough to pretty much eliminate any latencies in reading audio files in realflight.
The stuttering I refer to is the ghosting aircraft that jumps back and forward quickly about 15% of the aircraft length I see in VR. I don't see it anywhere on a flat screen, Tom C helped eliminate it by helping set lower graphics options in VR. I only see it when standing outside and flying it like an RC plane it does not happen say in the Ring Challenges when you are in the aircraft.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:46 AM

Hmm. I never get any in flight stuttering, and my system is absolutely cutting edge & state of the art (7 years ago).
i7 2600k
16gb ram
gtx 1070. (Originally had sli 580s but found RF gains nothing from sli)

But... There is and has always been a pause/freeze/stutter in Multiplayer when anyone changes models or enters the room. In my view this is the BIGGEST flaw in Realflight. Cannot practice serious pirouetting moves with those freezes. Especially with 9 year old kids (or mental 9 year olds) who have just gotta change models every 5 freakin' seconds. GRRRRRRR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: