Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G3 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef
Setting the strength multiplier of the horizontal tail to 120% does it. 110% is not enough yet and with 130% it's too stable.

Thanks to inky00: the more I fly it, the more I like it. It's really my favorite non-foamy right now
Don't forget to increase the "Pod" strength too.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:44 PM

Where's the GoldbergScheme?

What happened to it?
Old 01-02-2007, 04:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to souprjer
inky asked that i remove it so he could fix the texture maping,it was traping his original file in the system,it will be back up when he updates.k
Old 01-02-2007, 04:36 PM

Damn, hovering this thing is (while probably too easy) so much fun...
http://home.arcor.de/0xdeadbeef/pitts_python.avi (5MB)
Old 01-02-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by souprjer
inky asked that i remove it so he could fix the texture maping,it was traping his original file in the system,it will be back up when he updates.k
Thanks!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky00
glad you like it oxdeadbeef,it is my new favourite also.thanks to everyone for the nice comments.I am definitely getting better at the whole 3dsmax thing as the python was done from start to finish in 2 days.
Be careful with a statement like that! You're likely to be blasted with requests now.

There was a post earlier about the modifications that QQ made to this design... any hope of a QQ variant on this one? I'm already working on the colorscheme, but I need to spend some time figuring out how to keep the resolution high... all of my paint jobs come out pixellated and rough.

-Case
Old 01-02-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanCanCase
Be careful with a statement like that! You're likely to be blasted with requests now.

There was a post earlier about the modifications that QQ made to this design... any hope of a QQ variant on this one? I'm already working on the colorscheme, but I need to spend some time figuring out how to keep the resolution high... all of my paint jobs come out pixellated and rough.

-Case
As long as both "sides" of the image are equal and an even multiple of a regular hex number (e.g. 2048, 4096, etc.) G3 seems to do OK.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:35 AM

Two words... Simply Awesome!!!!!!! I did increase the aileron throw to 35 degrees though. It was tough to counteract torque in hover. At 35 degrees, it's much easier.

Tim H.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:42 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanCanCase

-Case
Hi case,
I can do a QQ version but because it was changed from the scale version it will have to be a seperate plane.As far as colourschemes go keep the resolution 2048x2048 and make sure the bit depth is atleast 24 bits per pixel(32 bits per pixel if your paint program will do it).I will get on it and let you know when its done,it will probably be tomorrow now as i am flying at the local gym tonite.
ALL OF MY SCHEMES ARE 2048 X 2048 PIXELS AND ARE 32 BITS PER PIXEL RESOLUTION.
PSU - Corsair HX1000i
CPU - Intel i7-5820K @ 3.3Ghz
CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 AIO Liquid Cooler
RAM - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3466Mhz)
GPU - Gigabyte Geforce GTX980ti G1 Gaming 6Gb GDDR5
SSD - Samsung Evo850 500Gb & OCZ Agility3 240Gb
HDD - Samsung Spinpoint 1Tb
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2Tb x 2
OS - Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)
CASE LIGHTS - NZXT Hue LED controller
Old 01-04-2007, 11:24 PM

My colorscheme issues have hit a snag. All of the exported .tga files I've been working with are 512x512 - even the one for the Python. What am I missing that I don't get the larger files to work with?

-Case
Old 01-05-2007, 12:18 AM

not sure what prog your useing to make your schemes ,but some where in your preferances there should be a import canvase size set it to 2048x2048,if its smaller it will compress the import file,most import in the origanl res. used by the original artist, use there tga as a template,do your work then save your work in the original tga format(remember to merge all layers b4 saving) also check your preferances again to make sure that your resiloution is at what you want it then save it.like i said not sure what prog your useing,but my guess would be your output resiloution is whats causeing the prob,make sure it dosent resize the original file...good luck
Old 01-05-2007, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by souprjer
not sure what prog your useing to make your schemes ,but some where in your preferances there should be a import canvase size set it to 2048x2048,if its smaller it will compress the import file,most import in the origanl res. used by the original artist, use there tga as a template,do your work then save your work in the original tga format(remember to merge all layers b4 saving) also check your preferances again to make sure that your resiloution is at what you want it then save it.like i said not sure what prog your useing,but my guess would be your output resiloution is whats causeing the prob,make sure it dosent resize the original file...good luck
It seems my posting just after a nap is almost as bad as posting late at night or when intoxicated... note to self: don't do that! ;-)

The problem I ran into is the original files that I'm using for templates themselves. The .tga file I pull out of my ../colorschemes directory is only 512x512 for the Python.
It was similarly small when I exported and dug up the .tga for the Matt Chapman CAP 580. The largest .tga I've found is from Rick's Extra 300l... it came out 1024x1024, and I KNOW it was larger than that originally. (Even when I exported the colorscheme for that plane, changed yellow to white (leaving logos, text, etc.) and reimported it, I still got pixellated junk compared to the original.

I figure I must be locating the wrong .tga file, or I'm exporting incorrectly...
Photoshop CS2 is the weapon of choice here, and at first I thought IT might be downsizing the file on opening, but iPhoto and Windows Viewer both show the Python's .tga at only 512 square...

-Case
Old 01-09-2007, 10:16 PM

Hello Guys! Glad you guys like my airplane! I think it is cool as well. If we get G3.5, what else will we need in the way of add ons, etc to use the python file offered here?

Thanks,

Kevin Kimball

PS, if you are interested in learing more about the python as well as the other special airshow Pitts we are building, let me know through this forum and I will share more info with you.

Last edited by KJKimball; 01-09-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:33 AM

you do not need any add ons to use a EA file( thats entire aircraft) av;s variants you need the origianl plane..in add ons or user created,same with cs(color scheme),as for your planes they are beautiful,if i ever strike it rich you gotta sale.. yours and a waco ymf.. real planes have 2 wings....lol
Old 01-10-2007, 12:58 AM

Quote:
PS, if you are interested in learing more about the python as well as the other special airshow Pitts we are building, let me know through this forum and I will share more info with you.
Links! Pictures! Info! I love this airplane (just found your website...)

I also noticed in the QQ model, the wings have a thinner airfoil, and sharpened leading edges, presumably to increase airspeed and give radical stall characteristics?

The other models pictured with QQ's have noticeably fatter airfoils...

Charles

Last edited by r1derbike; 01-10-2007 at 01:17 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: