Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 12-22-2017, 02:50 PM

Creating a panoramic photofield ...

Is there a tutorial on how to create one? and what software you need to accomplish one succesfully ...
Old 12-26-2017, 10:11 PM

bump .... I sure would love to learn how to create my own flying field .... or, at least how and where to extract the files I need ... I have a panoramic set of pctures ... I just need to know how to get them in game. I know it will take some work in photoshop ...
Old 12-27-2017, 12:41 PM

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11067

Available in the G3 stickys title useful links
Old 12-27-2017, 01:09 PM

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27839
Old 01-04-2018, 12:01 PM

I forgot to say "Thank you" for the above links ...

I am sure I will have more questions as I progress ... if I progress ....
Old 01-04-2018, 01:17 PM

A good result is surprisingly difficult to get. Just know that if you go to all the trouble that it's a thankless pursuit. These things involve high equipment and travel expenses and a lot of labor. When you arrive at your location, you're at the mercy of the weather and the people who happen to be there. In the end, the biggest jerk at the field gets to use your image if you post it in the swaps. There are some real prizes out there.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:12 PM

I know that I am beating a dead horse, but it would be nice if I could sell my photofields and other content. There would have to be some infrastructure changes to protect the IP. Both KE and creators could share in the sales of planes and fields. Other sims do this.

A lot of effort is made to get a good panoramic photo. You have to have a decent camera. A decent tri-pod and pano-head. Then you need the right software to stitch the whole thing together. Then you have to import and build the field. It is comparable work to building an aircraft. Sometimes you have to shoot the field multiple times for light and color. Not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321 View Post
In the end, the biggest jerk at the field gets to use your image if you post it in the swaps.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:28 PM

now, you're scaring me ... I just wanted something that would give me the "feel" like I was at my flying field ...

I don't want money ... and the biggest jerk at my/our field is me ... LOL
Old 01-04-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
I know that I am beating a dead horse, but it would be nice if I could sell my photofields and other content. There would have to be some infrastructure changes to protect the IP. Both KE and creators could share in the sales of planes and fields. Other sims do this.
I hear ya. I don't think that would fly as a business model. If you look in the swaps, a not-bad photofield can be expected to be downloaded a thousand times. But if they cost a dollar, I'm sure you'd be really lucky to get 100 takers. Split the proceeds with site management and now you get a measly 50 bucks. Not good for a week of work (using arbitrary numbers, of course).
Old 01-04-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDawg View Post
now, you're scaring me ... I just wanted something that would give me the "feel" like I was at my flying field ...

I don't want money ...
Well you're off to a good start then, being in it for the right reasons and all.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:07 PM

It is a labor of love doing a field. Everyone wants it. Nobody wants to pay for it. Sorry to burst your bubble. Or at least I hope that I did not. My local field is the only place I want to fly. Hey it is what it is. 321 pretty much has the economics down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDawg View Post

I don't want money ... and the biggest jerk at my/our field is me ... LOL
Old 02-16-2019, 12:55 PM

If we have nice 360 Panoramic image of the field. Is there any thread which tells how to add it to your custom Airport in the editor. I see it only let you add the Panoramic images that are already existing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: