Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 04-15-2019, 04:16 PM

Thanks Technoid, Somethin Special fly's great, very aerobatic on high rates (turns on a dime)
The gauges are perfect, nice feature, and the color scheme is awesome,
Old 04-15-2019, 04:42 PM

Hey Tech. S.S. imported just fine into RF6. Ditto everything that asj said. She flies great in 6, no adjustments needed at all, except for 1-2 clicks of trim for me Flies great at any speed from slow to full throttle, making it very easy to land, not a floater by any means, but could use just a little more weight, it tends to want to stay in the air upon approach for a landing, pretty much have to bring it "dead stick" , BUT that really isn`t a big deal at all, I found , that just a very small amount of throttle is needed for taking off, gradually increasing as you go for a nice rotation upon lift off. All in All though, I`m not going too adjust anything, it`s fantastic the way it is. GREAT JOB DUDE. (sorry Tech. I just couldn`t resist, BUT, I used it in a complimentary phrase/way.)

Last edited by uncle twist; 04-15-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:15 PM

Thanks for the beta, I just grabbed it
Old 04-15-2019, 09:08 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate your comments. It's been a busy day here I took the wife to Dallas for her Dr. Appt. and then some shopping at Walmart, ha that's a busy day for the wife. I'll drop back later and answer a couple of comments but right now I need to go watch a movie with the wife. But it sounds like you guys are having fun with Junker and that's what it's all about.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:24 PM

Enjoy the Flick Tech., I`m enjoying flying the S.S. in between bites of dinner, your auto pilot/cruise control works great , this plane fly`s great all by itself. ....Cut the throttle to just above idle, maybe just a tad more, set your heading,and it`s hands off the TX. (as long as she`s trimmed out correctly, which, as I stated was only a couple clicks..)
Old 04-16-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Hey Tech. S.S. imported just fine into RF6. Ditto everything that asj said. She flies great in 6, no adjustments needed at all, except for 1-2 clicks of trim for me Flies great at any speed from slow to full throttle, making it very easy to land, not a floater by any means, but could use just a little more weight, it tends to want to stay in the air upon approach for a landing, pretty much have to bring it "dead stick" , BUT that really isn`t a big deal at all, I found , that just a very small amount of throttle is needed for taking off, gradually increasing as you go for a nice rotation upon lift off. All in All though, I`m not going too adjust anything, it`s fantastic the way it is. GREAT JOB DUDE. (sorry Tech. I just couldn`t resist, BUT, I used it in a complimentary phrase/way.)
I'm glad to hear it imported okay and you enjoy flying it I figured it was worth some effort to get it working for you too. Yes the wing loading is fairly light but I got it as close as possible to the Sig Somethin' Extra, which in kit form shows a range for wing loading of (15.9 - 17.8) and the Somethin' Special is 17.9 so if RF's physics works correctly that should be about right.. but I'd like to hear any comments you guys have on that. Maybe Doug can chime in here he has a Sig Somethin' Extra.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:58 PM

I was thinking about releasing a second color CS with the plane so I was wondering what color you guys would like?
Old 04-16-2019, 08:32 PM

How about black and gold?
Old 04-16-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
I'm glad to hear it imported okay and you enjoy flying it I figured it was worth some effort to get it working for you too. Yes the wing loading is fairly light but I got it as close as possible to the Sig Somethin' Extra, which in kit form shows a range for wing loading of (15.9 - 17.8) and the Somethin' Special is 17.9 so if RF's physics works correctly that should be about right.. but I'd like to hear any comments you guys have on that. Maybe Doug can chime in here he has a Sig Somethin' Extra.
Well, I figured that.....(the wing loading)..... was the way the real life plane was designed, And... as such, you designed it that way.... SO, I`m not knocking it in any way, It`just more of a personal preference thing. I don`t know what the difference in physics is between RF8 & 6, OR, if you made any adjustments, In the end, it fly`s just great in 6 the way it is, there`s always going to be people out there, that want too make adjustments to fit their particular flying style, that`s the nice thing about RF. I hope Doug chimes in, I`m sure he`ll give a positive assessment. I think, as is, it`s great for a beginner, as well as an experienced flyer. A great plane all around Tech. GREAT JOB!!!!
Old 04-16-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Well, I figured that.....(the wing loading)..... was the way the real life plane was designed, And... as such, you designed it that way.... SO, I`m not knocking it in any way, It`just more of a personal preference thing. I don`t know what the difference in physics is between RF8 & 6, OR, if you made any adjustments, In the end, it fly`s just great in 6 the way it is, there`s always going to be people out there, that want too make adjustments to fit their particular flying style, that`s the nice thing about RF. I hope Doug chimes in, I`m sure he`ll give a positive assessment. I think, as is, it`s great for a beginner, as well as an experienced flyer. A great plane all around Tech. GREAT JOB!!!!
No problem I didn't think you were knocking it at all just commenting on your personal take, and that's what I want to hear. So go for it DUDE
Old 04-16-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6234 View Post
Black and gold always look good together.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to doug schluter
Quote:
yes the somethin extra is a light wing loaded plane and one of the best flying planes i own , even on floats it had a very short take off run and on low rates it is as easy to fly as a trainer , dial up the throws to 2 in and it is a 3D plane does most of the aerobatics , i will have lots of fun with technoids version you can bet !
Old 04-16-2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
No problem I didn't think you were knocking it at all just commenting on your personal take, and that's what I want to hear. So go for it DUDE
Thanks for that comment Tech., I appreciate that you want our input. That`s only one aspect of what make you a great modeler too work with, AND, I appreciate that you took the "DUDE" comment lightly, you know that`s just how I meant it. unlike that other "Dude" gee, we havn`t seen a post from in a few day`s HMMMMMM GEEEEEEEE, I sure hope I didn`t run him off cough, cough, hack, hack, excuse me, I must have had something stuck in my throat.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug schluter View Post
yes the somethin extra is a light wing loaded plane and one of the best flying planes i own , even on floats it had a very short take off run and on low rates it is as easy to fly as a trainer , dial up the throws to 2 in and it is a 3D plane does most of the aerobatics , i will have lots of fun with technoids version you can bet !
Nice too hear your input Doug, that`s exactly as the plane fly`s in RF6 , Tech. did a great job on it.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6234 View Post
Okay.. you want black and gold, here's black and gold. And operating from the modern age thinking that 'too much is never enough' I bring you Junker Black Gold. And checkout the carbon fiber landing gear too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Junker 56.jpg (140.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Junker 57.jpg (108.6 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rfx Junker Black Gold_CS.RFX (1.21 MB, 7 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: