Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G2
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 02-12-2001, 11:32 AM

Was my dial-up server

Well, to make a short story long. My local provider never did e-mail me back on whether they have some kinda block. So I'll have to give them a call. Decided to try another local dial-up server in town (Dellnet) and had no problems connecting and getting the updates. Like to thank Dave and Maxime for their help they gave to me earlier.

So if you're one of the few who are having problems updating like I had, hope this post may help you fix your updating also.

Wes Bourn
Old 02-14-2001, 04:19 PM

Modem Type

Evan,

I don't know if I was one of the 2, but I use a USR 56K V.90 Voice Modem (Not a WINModem)
Old 02-17-2001, 04:35 PM

USR too

I get the same problem.
I use USR Sportster 33.6 modem
I think it's a really good idea to post the updates on RF site to be downloaded manually.
Also waiting for fix on this...

Real life? Never heard of it!
Is it worth the download?
Old 02-20-2001, 03:10 PM

Success!

Correct that.
I managed to register and update using my USR modem through another ISP. It seems the first was giving me trouble. Funny thing is, I tried to do that through my organizational link, which the administrator of is... ME. Now I know for sure it is not behind any firewall/proxy, still no luck
Go figure. Anyway I got the update to .256 et voilla! no more stupid disk swaps! (so far - knock on wood)

Real life? Never heard of it!
Is it worth the download?
Old 02-20-2001, 05:51 PM

Tried that.

I tried 3 diffrent ISPs and still no luck.

I am still waiting for the fix.

Wimpy
Old 03-10-2001, 12:01 AM
joeh100

CAN'T UPGRADE OR REGISTER

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I CAN'T REGISTER OR UPGRADE. I'VE TRIED INSTALLING IT ON MY NOTEBOOK AND HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. ALL I HAVE IN COMMON IS THE SAME ISP??? I'VE CONTACTED RFG2 TECH SUPPORT BUT HAVEN'T GOTTEN A REPLY. I'VE ALSO SUBMITTED A BUG REPORT. I'M JUST BEING IGNORED.

MANUAL UPGRADE PLEASE!

TRIED USING MULTIPLAYER, IT SAYS YOU NEED TO UPDATE TO LATER VERSION. I HAVE 2.00.214

Joe
Old 03-10-2001, 08:28 AM

Status ???

Well it has been 1 month and 1 week since installing G2, still no word about the problem.

One consolation, I got the $40.00 rebate check, so far G2 is still not worth the $50.00 that I did pay for it.

This forum seems to not get any better response than GP tech support.

The techs at GP support are the rudest guys I have ever dealt with.
Don't even consider calling them for an update on the problem after you call them the first time, they act like you have just woke them up at 3:00 o'clock in the morning to tell them good night.

Oh well, at least I'm not the only one, maybe enough people gripeing about the problem will get it resolved.

Wimpy
Old 03-12-2001, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Anyone who has problems with the updating can contact me on the Knife Edge Chat and we will look into right then. If the chat does not work, try calling us at 541-745-0224.
Old 04-04-2001, 09:10 PM

OK I am having the same problem except when I try to register it says that Cpanel has caused an error in CPanel.exe and the control panel shuts down not letting me register and also not letting me upgrade. I am using Adelphis cable modem and Windows ME.
Old 04-04-2001, 09:28 PM

OK I found that when submitting the reg info to uncheck the box that says send system info and everything went through fine.
Old 04-23-2001, 11:17 AM

5 MONTHS & STILL COUNTING

Well its been 5 months since installing G2 and I am still waiting for the fix.
I talked to RF Tech Support over a month ago and got them the info they asked for, haven't heard from them since.

Are the updates downloadable yet?

This is what I call REAL Customer Support.

Wimpy
Old 04-24-2001, 06:27 AM

One thing to note Wimpy, you said that you tried it on a different PC, and it worked fine, so that fairly shows that there is not a problem with the program, but most likely in your system configuration on that one PC. There are a few things that you may want to check. The first, you state that you have USR 56k modem in the computer that you are haveing problems with, do you have the same brand, and model modem in the computer that worked fine? If not, what type of modem is in the one that worked? Have you tried that other modem in the computer that does not seem to be working? If so, what results do you get there? So far the only connection that we have found between dialup users that are having this problem is that they all are using some sort of USR modem. Will everyone that is having this problem please post their modem type, as this will greatly help us in tracking down this problem.

Sincerely,
Evan
Product Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
www.realflight.com
Old 04-25-2001, 07:07 PM
Mac

LT WIN Modem

I have the same problem and have e-mailed their tech service 2 times. The last time they asked me what kind of modem I had and I replied back the LT WIN Modem and haven't heard back. Both times I reply back with what they asked for and they don't reply back with what to do. Really dissapointed with their service. I don't think I will be making any more purchases of their products.
Old 04-26-2001, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Contact technical support rfsupport@greatplanes.com and they can get you a manual installation for the update.
Old 04-26-2001, 07:08 PM
Mac

already have

I already contacted them by e-mail and they haven't told me anything to do. All they do is ask something about how my computer is set up and when I reply back, I never here back from them. Very unhappy with how they handle their customers problems. From the way this post sounds, There are several people with the same problem with the same kind of response from their tech service. We all are not a computer wiz.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: