Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G2
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 04-22-2002, 05:25 PM

LAME GRAFIX PROBLEMS

200 BUX. G2 SHOULD WORK WITH ATI VIDEO CARDS AND IT DOES TO AN EXTENT. BUT THE THROTTLE CUTS UP THE GRAFIX LAMO BLAMO. I GOT A NICE CARD TOO ITS AN ALL IN A WONDER RADEON 64 MB.ITS LAME THAT YOU ONLY SUPPORT OTHER BRANDS. NOT LIKE IT SEZ IT ON THE BOX. YOU DONT EVEN KNOW UNTILL YOUVE INSTALLED IT. YOU GUYS SUCK HAVE A STEAK ON ME LAFF ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK
Old 04-22-2002, 05:53 PM

Hope that made you feel good, but the only people
here are users, not KE.

I fly everything there is. I crash all that I have. (Sometimes) And I always pick up my trash.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:59 PM

WHAT WOULD MAKE ME FEEL GOOD IS TO HAVE MY 200 BUX BACK OR ATLEAST A FIX FOR ATI USERS
Old 04-22-2002, 06:36 PM

The fix is here but with your atitude I don't feel like sharin it.

I fly everything there is. I crash all that I have. (Sometimes) And I always pick up my trash.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:45 PM

Got some growin' up to do?

This might fix yer problem: http://www.gpsoftware.com/kb/q01-1063.htm

If that doesn't work, why don't you stop by again and ask nicely for more help instead of throwing fits?
Old 04-23-2002, 01:29 PM

WELL SER THAIR SOFTWARE IS A BIT EXPENSIVE AND THE FACT THAT IT DOESNT WORK RITE OUT OF THE BOX IS A BIT FRUSTRATING AND THER ARE NO WARRNINGS TELLIN ME IT MITE NOT WORK ON MY MACHINE

WOULD I HAVE PISSED AWAY MY HARD ERND CASH ON IT HAD I KNOWN IT WOULDNT WORK
WOULD YOU???
SOFTWARE COMPANY'S RELEASE ALL KINDS OF SOFTWARE THAT ISNT READY FOR PUBLIC USE SO THEY CAN RAKE IN A FEW BUX WHAT MAKES G2 ANY DIF
SRRY IF THIS IS OFFENSIVE TO ANY 1 BUT ITS TRUE
KRUSTY "OUT"
P.S. I ALL READY HAVE THOSE DRIVERS AND ITS THE SAME

[This message was edited by KRUSTY_THE_CLOWN on 04-23-02 at .]
Old 04-23-2002, 02:43 PM
SHULTZ

Its true Krusty

I had the same video card & had the same problem. So I went out & spent 400.00 bucks on the new Nvida 128 meg card & now it works great. So for 600.00 bucks you can use this software with no trouble at all
Old 04-23-2002, 06:22 PM

It's been our experience that ATI is not as responsive with their drivers as NVidia is.

Both companies have RealFlight available for testing their drivers against.

This is an unfortunate pitfall for us in the simulator/gaming biz. We're kind of at the mercy of the hardware vendors. Realizing this, we recommend NVidia cards.

Jim Coleman
Knife Edge Software
Old 04-23-2002, 06:40 PM

Hey crappy,

you want to keep bitchin or you want to try to
solve your problems.

On you computer that is we can't do anything about
your personality.

Old 04-24-2002, 09:00 AM

Crusty the Clown,
I have tons of sims that I use on my computers that require a dedicated video card. To the best of my knownledge. Let me put it this way, when I went shopping for a 3d card I made sure to investigate which 3d card I would need to use to able to use with most of my sims. I read an article in a PC Game magazine that said that you should stay away from the all in wonder type cards if your going to be purchasing the card specifically for sims. As far as KE letting people know what cards work best for use with G2. I guess I agree that they maybe should give a little more information on the G2's box about which 3D cards work best with G2. Maybe stating that you should come to this site and read the information they have about 3D cards that work best with G2 and which cards don't. Something on that line. I can understand your frustration with not being able to get G2 to work with your video card. I guess I would be frustrated also if I couldn't get G2 to work with my video cards. Maybe there is a fix for your card that you haven't found yet. Oh, forgot to add this. When I first purchased the first copy of G2 I had a vodoo 2 card which worked with all of my previous sims that I had, but it wouldn't work with G2 ( which is stated on the G2 box ). I then purchased a vodoo 4 and it worked just fine. Now I have 3 computers all using nividia cards. The tnt 2 32 mb AGP card, the Geforce 3 64mb AGP card and the Geforce 4 ti4400 AGP card. The first two work just fine with G2, I haven't had time yet to try out G2 with the Geforce 4 card yet. Though I love G2, yes I agree, a little more information on the G2 box might help. But in G2's defense, their are probably tons of sims that have problems working with certain type cards that isn't stated on the products box. Yes a little more information about 3D cards on the G2's box might be a good idea.

Adlai
Old 04-24-2002, 09:55 AM

Crusty The Clown,
PS: With the Geforce 4 ti440 agp 3d card that I recently installed in one of my computers, a pentium 4, 1.4 ghz- 400mhz front side bus with Windows Me. Nividia included a sim that came with the 3D card. Anyway, so far I can run most of my sims that I currently had without to much trouble. Occasionally when I'm running a simulater etc., my game will shut down and sometimes I can bring it back up again without having to restart the sim and sometimes not, so I have to restart the sim again. The game that came with the Geforce 4 worked only 1 time and so far I've tried to get it to work another 4 more times to no avail ( it freezes my computer and I have to shut down the POWER SUPPLY to get my computer working again - the ctrl + alt + del key doesn't work. So when I can find the time its back to the drawing board to find the fix for that problem, be it drivers etc. etc. So I guess what I'm trying to say is. Even with a brand new 3D card and advanced as computers and 3D cards have come, you sometimes still need to do some serious tinkering with goodies on your computer to get things to run smoothly, which maybe if you do some serous thinkering with your computer and your current 3D card, you might get it to work with your G2.

Adlai
Old 04-24-2002, 12:26 PM

OK, On pentium 4 - 1.4 ghz with 128mb's of Rambus pc 600 Rdram / 400mhz front side bus
/ 4x agp slot / 32x cd / geforce 4 ti440 agp - 128mb 3D card / high resolution 19" flat monitor with the latest update g2 version of
( 2.00.518 ). Flying at the Fun Fly airfield with everything just about maxed out flying a mustang with lots of smoke and facing towards the spectators and the pits. When making a fast pass the frames per second are from a high of 120fps to a low of about 77. The geforce 4 card cost me $ 300, to me money well spent. It will probably go down to next to nothing in about 6 months, if they still have them of course. Not trying to be a wise behind just trying to give some info.
Hope you get your G2 working with the 3D card you have. And again, I agree, maybe they should put more information on the G2 box about which 3d cards work best with G2 and which don't.

Adlai
Old 04-24-2002, 01:01 PM

Oh, and the music was on and it was a low pass with the spectators, trees, pits, etc., showing in the background and using the 3d background.
Adlai
Old 04-24-2002, 01:41 PM

welp i guess this is just another 2 bills waisted on crapola. i aint gettin any other v card. (mabey the new ati all in a wonder...)
but thats all i will buy.i like em and thair fetures.
AC why shouldnt i have a tude bout it man common 200 bux fer somthin i cant return once its instald and you dont even know till you install it.course im bitchy and you dont even work for KE so but out butthead. cant say ill ever buy anything from this company again
and ill be sure to bad mouth this sim every chance i get or at least keep my buds from buyin it
i would gladly return it if i still could
KRUSTY "OUT"
Old 04-24-2002, 02:59 PM

Update the drivers for your card.
Update RealFlight.

If these don't work (which I'm betting they will), the nice folks at tech support will help you.

Jim
KE Software

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: