Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G2
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-30-2004, 09:14 PM

Cool Curtis ya took the plung! Hope everything goes nice and smooth with the installation. If by any chance not, be sure you have all the latest windows updates, sound card drivers, latest Direct X version etc for your cpu and also don't forget to go for the latest RG G2 update via the RF G2 control panel. RF G2's latest update should be 2.00.723 Hope you enjoy! And I'm sure that if you would have been able to get in touch with Hobie before I entered into the picture here, ya probably would have purchased your copy of G2 weeks ago!
See what procrastination gets ya! lol.......

One of these days if everything goes smooth with your RF G2 and you see me hosting and you care to join, your more then welcome to join, same goes for you also Hobie. and you to Highflyer When I do host, I will post it in the RF G2 General disscussion area with all the relevant info, when I be hosting etc., and I'll most probably post it a whole week before I plan to host.
So anyway,

Good luck Curtis and hope you enjoy!
Mighty strong box ha? lol........

Cya's.....
Slider

PS: Below is a pic of how some multiplayer sessions turn out. Mass confusion!
Good luck....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mix um up type multiplayer..jpg (33.7 KB, 36 views)
Old 07-30-2004, 10:12 PM

Smile

My apologies Slider.
I get too full of myself sometimes

Keep on doing what your doing.

I'm hanging in on the topside of the curl.

Hobie
Old 07-31-2004, 12:14 PM

Hobie no need to apologise

Sometimes I jump in when I actually don't think I should be jumping in on someone's conversation but I only do that out of trying to help out.
And yes I know sometimes I "Motor Mouth" a little to much. So If I was in your position I probably would have reacted in the same manner as you did.
No Harm, no foul..
And I also appologise for sometimes jumping in a little to fast in some cases and sometimes motor mouthing to much. But its my fingers fault I tell ya, they just won't listen to me sometimes, stupid fingers....
(When in dought, always blame the fingers)

PS: The wahine, ( wahine [wah he na] [na not pronouned like nah, the "a" would be pronouned something like in "aeee"] In Hawaii, sometimes instead of referring to a lady as well "lady" we say "wahine") Anyway, the wahine "Jennifer" who's flying the heli in the last pic I added, sure the heck can fly good! In that pic she is holding the heli stationary with the nose pointed up, and she also does that with the nose pointed down.
If your reading this Jennifer, good flying!
I also added the pic that I'm referring to below "again"

Slider..sometimes alias > motor mouth...

Droping to the low side...

PS:PS: Hope everything is going nice and smooth for ya Curtis, if not, we don't want to here about it! Only joke. Good luck.
PS:PS:PS: For anyone who reads my post and also happened to notice that I seem to always edit it a whole bunch before I finally finish it, sorry bout that. Will try to work on posting once without having to edit. I know some people will appreciate that one for sure. My sorta excuse for that is that I sometimes have a whole bunch of things going on here at the home front that throws me off now and then. In other words, I try to get in a message in between things and because I'm rushing, I foul up a lot. So I will try to change that bad habit as much as I can.
Oh wait a minute, thats not right, how could I forget so fast? It wasn't my fault,
my fingers made me do it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mix um up type multiplayer..jpg (33.7 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Slider; 07-31-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:19 PM

Thumbs up

Slider you crack me up
Keep your good attitude and hang with me.
It's a good thing to help others, even if they don't want to helped!!
Hobie-wan out. Way out. Goin' partying on a Saturday night, oh yeah.
C-Ya!!
Old 08-01-2004, 02:07 PM

Hobie,
So what Party Animal! Any Hang over?
Old 08-01-2004, 05:38 PM

Talking

Youngin'
When you reach the pinacle of your partyin' ability, hang overs are a sign you didn't do it right
Keep on
hobie
Old 08-02-2004, 04:38 AM

I bow to Dee Thy Party Master
But I got ta let you know Hobie, I'm almost a year older then you!
But I still bow to Dee....... Thy "Party Master"
If by any chance you surf and you ever make it over here to Hawaii, give me a ring and will rip up some waves together.
Slider
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fun day surf.jpg (33.0 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Slider; 08-02-2004 at 06:08 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:01 PM

What 's up guys,
Ya I took the plung ,now I'm updating my sound and video cards ,thanks for the for thought, Slider. Me not being all that computer savy I will be going about this whole process slow and easy.
Didn't know this was going to be as detailed a start up procedure but i'm on vacation this week and i'm gonna get it done and get started and find out what the heck this is all about.
I haven't been reading through all of the discussions but while this download process has me on hold I think i'll do some catching up.
Thanks for all the help!!!!!
Curtis
Old 08-02-2004, 03:20 PM

If by any chance not, be sure you have all the latest windows updates, sound card drivers, latest Direct X version etc for your cpu and also don't forget to go for the latest RG G2 update via the RF G2 control panel. RF G2's latest update should be 2.00.723 Hope you enjoy! <This I just added via Quate from earlier message to you.

Curtis, I think that the only real part that "maybe" you might possibly get stuck at "After" you install "RealFlight G2" might be when you go through the process of obtaining the latest RF G2 Update. I think the process is, first install RF G2 to your hard drive, then after realflight G2 is installed or downloaded to your computer, then via the RF G2's "Control Panel" to "Search for the RF G2's latest Update".
You probably won't have any trouble obtaining RF G2's latest Update, but if by any chance you do and you can't "connect" to the update, just have patience and try at different times. I myself from all the times that I've tried to access any RF G2 updates, believe I've not been able to connect maybe twice. But after attempting to update after a couple of hours, then I was successful in obtaining the update.
Chance um....... and good luck..
Slider
PS: If by any chance your getting stuck with obtaining the latest DirectX drivers,
just type in "Direct X" when looking for the direct X site, then look for downloads.
or Microsoft Direct X

Last edited by Slider; 08-02-2004 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:52 PM

Whats up Slider,
Not me thats what .
I need help.........how come I can't get my interlink controller to be acknowledged by the program? I've tried unplugging and replugging into the USB port but no luck, the light on the controller stays on and won't blink like the instructions say it should.....I finally got up to this point and I think I've tried everything. I'm exhausted I'll try again tommorrow
So close but yet so far......thanks for letting me vent:Curtis
Old 08-03-2004, 01:23 AM

Cutis, I'm really sorry but I just popped in to take a fast check here but I have relatives that will be coming over in a couple minutes and were going to be playing on the computers. And I know I'm going to be really busy for the next couple of days so I won't be able to help you if you need it, so hopefully someone else can help you if your still stuck. Only thing i can say right now is, you should have directx 9 installed on your cpu if you followed my instructions in my last post. but if you did that and then when you installed the RF g2 software and when asked while installing the RF G2 software to update to the latest direct x version and you did that AND by some chance the version was LOWER then direct x 9, "not good" if you did that go ahead and download and install the direct x 9 again.
Also your computer is "ON' right when you plug in the RF G2 controller?
If not it shoud be. also if you were asked to use your systems cd to help complete the controller installation and you bypassed that step, also not good. you would have to try again. Also check your "game controllers" to see if its recognizing the RF G2 controller. to get to your "game controllers" click on windows >"Start" then "my computer" then "control panel" then "switch to classic view" then right mouse click on "game controllers" the click on "create shortcut" and say "yes" to placing short cut on desktop, then exit to your desktop and look for "shortcut to Gaming..." with a controller icon showing, then double left mouse click on it, if you have your controller attached and its not showing under controller, click on Add and look for it, if you find it under the game controller list click on it. Sorry have to go, relatives just came OVER! sorry, just make sure you followed the directions to the letter. If you don't get it going maybe Hobie or Highflyer or someone else can help you sorryyyyyyy.
got to go.
hang in there,
Slider
sorry hope the info i gave doesn't throw you off even more. good luck
had to come back for a couple minutes. also check in this disscusion board under the section of RealFlight G2 > Support then scroll down till you find "help with USB adapter" there might be some info in there that might help.
Good luck

Last edited by Slider; 08-13-2004 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:04 AM

USB Help

Curtisu,
Go to the Knifeedge home page and find knowledge base. Click RF G2 at the left. It will then show you a list of different items covered. One of them pertains to USB installation or recognition problems. It has a step by step list of things to look for.
Slider has given you sound advice but you may want to look at the problem from a different angle.
I'll check back later today and see if that helped.
I'm still using the old serial port xmtr LOL so I don't have actual experience with the RF USB controller.
Regards,
Hobie
Old 08-03-2004, 06:52 PM

Thanks Slider,Hobie
I'll post after I try your suggestions........good lookin out
Thanks again Curtis
Old 08-05-2004, 01:19 PM

Hey Curtis,
Iv'e been poping in here in between things hoping that I would see your message of "I got it working Guys!" or something on that line so I could then make a reply to you something like "About TIME!" lol.........
So hurry up so I can tell you... "About Time Curtis!"......
Old 08-06-2004, 11:02 AM

Not yet i'm affraid,Slider I seem to be all thumbs with this process but I refuse to give up!!!!I can't seem get the driverfor the interlink contoller to install from the windows 98se disk.Does this make sense The interlink controller always has the solid amber light instead of the blinking light as the directions say it should. I'll be asking my computer wise buddy to havea go at it so I don't screw anything else up.....
I believe I've tried everything two or three times
thanks you guys for your help and timely replies i'll keep try'in and posting back ! Peace Curtis

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: