Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G5 & G4 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 01:58 PM

AAA I think you mean Keylitho... and I think that I layed out the color scheme pretty clear what do you need direction on. But here is the wire JPG you can lay over your TGA file.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA-wires.jpg (254.7 KB, 33 views)
Old 09-20-2008, 03:07 PM

Thumbs up FANTASTIC model

Erik, your model of the Addiction, now on the swap pages, is going to be really hard to beat. Magnificent capture of the real bird, right out of the box, so to speak.

Now, if you're thirsting for another PA challenge, how about their yet to be released PA Ultimate AMR Biplane that's also in the 30-40 size range, and is also of fiberfusion construction? If interested, you can find the basics here . I'll do what I can to help round up some dimensional data and multi-view pix, but this one is so new, that there's assuredly a challenge there.

Thank you for the Addiction model ... including all the PA colors, and a couple of extras originating with you.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:42 PM

Thanks! I am glad you like it.. I have to make my contest entry first, which is also one that has been very high on my list of planes to make.. I think everyone will like it just as well as the Addiction..
Old 09-21-2008, 05:05 PM

Very beautiful model.
Then again, although the physics setup looks pretty accurate, I fear this is another sample of how wrong the control surface efficiency is calculated by G4. Even when reducing the prop wash to 100% and setting the control angles to +/- 35, the efficiency is much too high in my humble opinion. Especially the rudder efficiency is kinda ridiculous at high rates.
I guess that with a lot of tweaking it will be possible to get a more realistic behavior at high deflections. Then again, I'd really wish that KE would finally improve this issue so tweaking will only be needed for the final 5% and not to correct bugs in the G4 calculations.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:14 PM

Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef
Very beautiful model.
Then again, although the physics setup looks pretty accurate, I fear this is another sample of how wrong the control surface efficiency is calculated by G4. Even when reducing the prop wash to 100% and setting the control angles to +/- 35, the efficiency is much too high in my humble opinion. Especially the rudder efficiency is kinda ridiculous at high rates.
I guess that with a lot of tweaking it will be possible to get a more realistic behavior at high deflections. Then again, I'd really wish that KE would finally improve this issue so tweaking will only be needed for the final 5% and not to correct bugs in the G4 calculations.
My real world Addiction is set up with the Ailerons at 40deg up and down, with 70% expo; Rudder and Elevator are at 45deg stop-to-stop (again with 70% expo) ... at high-rate settings. Low rate settings are: 20deg up-and down ailerons at 30% expo; 25 deg left-right rudder at 35% expo; and 20deg up-down elevator at 30% expo.
At those settings, Keylitho's model behaves amazingly like my real-world bird. My preferred CG is 105mm aft of the wing's leading edge in both cases, but I started flying the real-world model at 100mm and moved it back after I got used to it.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 PM

You mean the real thing turns on the spot at full rudder without any inertia or signs of control surface stall? Amazing...
Old 09-21-2008, 06:30 PM

Nice job on this model. It's really a hoot to fly. Yeah, sure does tight flat spins, eh? Try deadstick rudder authority and it moves like you would expect--remember this plane has an extremely low wing-loading and is one of the most short-coupled aerobatic airframes out there, hence its aerobatic capabilities. Trade off being nasty tip stalls of course...

C
Old 09-21-2008, 07:28 PM

g3

is it ready 4 g3 or coming any where near it, cant wait to fly it

ps: internet is back woohoo
Old 09-21-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfly021
ps: internet is back woohoo
Yeah, but your punctuation filter is set way too high. All that came through was one colon.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Very beautiful model.
I set this model up purely off of internet spec sheets. . . and from the video's that I watched on YouTube... I think it is pretty good if you ask me..

But hey that's why there is an editer ... At least I got you guys a very good starting point.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:12 PM

Great Job Keylitho!
Love it!
10/10

Mick
Old 09-21-2008, 09:46 PM

Thumbs up Take a look for yourself.

Quote:
You mean the real thing turns on the spot at full rudder without any inertia or signs of control surface stall? Amazing...
If you have time to see for yourself, you might take a peek here. I concur with your "amazing" characterization. My PA Katana MD won't turn inside the Addiction, no matter how far aft I get the CG.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:38 PM

Send a message via MSN to DonaldT
Thanx a lot!!!

Just grabbed your Addiction and my favorite scheme, the red. Now to fire up the sim and import!!!

Thanx again

DonaldT
Old 09-22-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Actually yes. It is quite amazing.

I was flying one today with the intent of comparing it with the G4/G3 model.

There are a few tweaks needed to get the physics "spot on", including setting the C.G. a bit further back.... but it's already very close.

Tat said, the real deal DOES turn on the spot with full rudder and it does not drop if you use throttle to keep it turning...

If you pick the plane up, you find out why... it's SOOOOO darned light...

Even foamies are relatively heavy by comparison...

90% of the plane's weight is the battery pack!

I find that the real deal actually hovers a bit more easily than the G3/G4 model and I have a list of specific quirks of the real thing generated at the field, to establish where the physics may need a ( SMALL ) amount of final tweaking... but the existing model is very good...
Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 AM

Looks great. How soon is it coming for G3?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: