Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 7 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
I need help deciding on the best windshield. Take a look at these pictures and vote for the one you like best (with or without the bottom frame).
I like without. I just think it looks more oldish. If I quit commenting about things it's just because I'm feeling stupid.

Last edited by BrokeDad; 08-03-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I need to look at my Big Red and see what color I used on the wires I think it was a medium gray. It might be quite the pain to put all the wires in the CS I've never tried it. They're so thin I could bunch all of them together somewhere it a blob of some sort.
Stack them. I stacked all my an-225's tires.

Quote:
I need help deciding on the best windshield. Take a look at these pictures and vote for the one you like best (with or without the bottom frame).
With bottom frame
Old 08-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Stack them. I stacked all my an-225's tires.

With bottom frame
Thanks I was thinking about stacking them. I should be able to stack them anyway possible as long as they're inside a painted area, right? Even if they're crooked and cross each other.

Question. Can I make 1 part, then shift drag to make a copy... maybe 10 copies of the first one always. Then can I just map the first part and paint it and have the others painted too. (meaning they all share the same coordinates in the TGA file)
Old 08-03-2017, 08:43 PM

I like the windshield without the bottom frame.
Ron
Old 08-03-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks I was thinking about stacking them. I should be able to stack them anyway possible as long as they're inside a painted area, right? Even if they're crooked and cross each other.

Question. Can I make 1 part, then shift drag to make a copy... maybe 10 copies of the first one always. Then can I just map the first part and paint it and have the others painted too. (meaning they all share the same coordinates in the TGA file)
I would build one map it then copy and modify it. But I never use max for mapping so there may be a fancy function I don't know about.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I would build one map it then copy and modify it. But I never use max for mapping so there may be a fancy function I don't know about.
Thanks. What do you map with? Blender?
Old 08-03-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I like that skid if you want the hassle of adding the wheel. I know the original Jenny had no brakes and used the leather wrapped wooden skid as a brake but then this is a scale model and not a real plane. Flying a wooden stick for ground tail control in a real model could be disastrous.
I dont think thats a wheel.....looks like a piece of hard rubber/plastic form fitted around the skid as a (replaceable) wear surface...if you race motorcycles, you have similar things on the outside edge of the toes/heels of your (expensive!) racing boots for scraping the asphalt when youre leaned over hard in a turn
Old 08-04-2017, 12:02 AM

Winshield without bottom frame....And the Radiator neck and cap looks awesome
Old 08-04-2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Guzzi View Post
I dont think thats a wheel.....looks like a piece of hard rubber/plastic form fitted around the skid as a (replaceable) wear surface...if you race motorcycles, you have similar things on the outside edge of the toes/heels of your (expensive!) racing boots for scraping the asphalt when youre leaned over hard in a turn
Yep that's exactly what it is I didn't think to zoom in for a good look but when I did just now that's what it is, Thanks!
Old 08-04-2017, 01:31 AM

Technoid, in regards to the tail skid in what has now been determined to be without a wheel, Here`s a thought, Add the wheel, As I looked at that pic., I thought there could be a wheel "hidden" in there, with "just" a slightly larger diameter than the diameter of the skids diameter (at its end), THUS, hiding the wheel, so to speak,(look at the pic.) but, in effect, giving the plane much better taxiing ability. You would of coarse have to assign a servo to it, as opposed to a rigid skid, but in the end, you will have the look of a "stock" skid, but with better ground handling. Hope I made that clear, kind of hard to describe, but I think you get my train of thought.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:32 AM

Moto is still in love with his one motorcycle racing chick. Don't tell his wife.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Moto is still in love with his one motorcycle racing chick. Don't tell his wife.
BD, keep it somewhat on topic, I can`t even read anywhere near between the lines, on that comment
Old 08-04-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
BD, keep it somewhat on topic, I can`t even read anywhere near between the lines, on that comment
NP. I won't comment on this thread again. Good luck with the plane technoid.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Technoid, in regards to the tail skid in what has now been determined to be without a wheel, Here`s a thought, Add the wheel, As I looked at that pic., I thought there could be a wheel "hidden" in there, with "just" a slightly larger diameter than the diameter of the skids diameter (at its end), THUS, hiding the wheel, so to speak,(look at the pic.) but, in effect, giving the plane much better taxiing ability. You would of coarse have to assign a servo to it, as opposed to a rigid skid, but in the end, you will have the look of a "stock" skid, but with better ground handling. Hope I made that clear, kind of hard to describe, but I think you get my train of thought.
Ha... That's exactly what I was planning to try once I get it in RF. A tiny hard flat wheel. It should work on smooth runways, don't know what it will do on grass.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Ha.. I had a motorcycle momma once! I raced dirt bikes and got my wife a dirt bike too. One day we were taking pictures and she had dark sun glasses on and was looking straight at me with a hard look.. so I told her to smile for the picture, ha.. she said shut up and take the picture. It's one of the coolest pictures I took that day, my motorcycle momma.. (bad news)!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: