Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:53 PM

model done need help

can someone please help me do pivots and get rid of shiny black marks on my ef slick
Old 05-27-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge v3 View Post
can someone please help me do pivots and get rid of shiny black marks on my ef slick
Who modeled the plane for you? They should be able to do it.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:32 PM

Hello Rory.

About the pivots, it depends on the modeling program you are using to modify the model you've got. About your second problem, with shiny black marks I really don't know, what you mean. Can you please post a screenshot or something?
Have a nice day.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:19 PM

Hey I use wings and max the black marks are on the upper and lower alieron and elevator and underneath the elevator on fuz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 76670D64-D895-4DFA-BD76-786665CE20BB.jpg (27.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 515CD5B0-249F-4CCD-AA19-2489347DA11F.jpg (533.4 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-30-2018, 07:33 PM

Those are from the tga not being painted out far enough
Old 05-31-2018, 12:26 AM

For Max, may be this could help you https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...B3957-htm.html
For the wings I do not know. You could probably find an answer here so where in the designer forums for the older version of RealFlight. Perhaps you should search for keywords "affect pivot only" for the max or "wings" for the Wings, but this gives you also a lot of false results.
For those black marks, I am sorry, but I did not got it from the posted pictures. I see there some UV mapping or texturing issues as flexible says, also some position or size problems with main wheels, but I did not got the marks. Could you please take detailed screenshot from the aircraft editor or your modeling software and point out those marks? Perhaps paint some arrows in the painting programs to display them.
Have a nice day.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHead View Post
For Max, may be this could help you https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...B3957-htm.html
For the wings I do not know. You could probably find an answer here so where in the designer forums for the older version of RealFlight. Perhaps you should search for keywords "affect pivot only" for the max or "wings" for the Wings, but this gives you also a lot of false results.
For those black marks, I am sorry, but I did not got it from the posted pictures. I see there some UV mapping or texturing issues as flexible says, also some position or size problems with main wheels, but I did not got the marks. Could you please take detailed screenshot from the aircraft editor or your modeling software and point out those marks? Perhaps paint some arrows in the painting programs to display them.
Have a nice day.
I have looked at his models before and affect pivot only does do pivot only.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: